PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Advanced Armory Bonding Feats (Sanity Check / PEACH)

Llama513
2018-04-07, 06:11 PM
So, the idea behind these feats comes from watching Fairy Tail and the Character Erza, but I think that even without that these feats are cool ideas and possiblities.

Advanced Weapon Summoning:
Prerequisite (Weapon Bond feature)

You have mastered the creation of bonds with weapons as such you are able to bond with up to 4 weapons. In addition you are able to summon two one handed weapons into your hands as a bonus action. You can store the weapons that you aren't using in a small extra dimensional space that only you can access and summon them from. If you already have two one handed weapons out or a two handed weapon out you can use a bonus action to swap between your other weapons stored. For instance you could swap both of your one handed weapons for a two handed weapons, or two one handed weapons or a single one handed weapon.

Armor Bond
Prerequiste( Weapon Bond feature)

You are able to bond with a single set of armor, using the same process as one would with a weapon. As an action you can summon this armor set onto your body. You can store this armor in a extra dimensional space that only you can access and summon the armor from. You can dismiss the armor as a bonus action and return it to your extra dimensional space.

(Thinking about making this work with two sets of armor and possibly adding the option of a shield, with the two armor set you would also be able to use a action to swap out your armor set with another in your extra dimensional space, it would be a bonus action to summon the shield to your hand)

Combined the feats together, this is the link to the full version: http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/ry-QJ66Dsf

Lalliman
2018-04-08, 06:53 AM
I like it, but it's a ribbon-level ability, definitely not worth a feat. I'd put the two together and make it a half feat, with a +1 to Int, Wis or Cha (so not primary stats for an Eldritch Knight).

I wonder if there's some way you could phrase this that would make it usable to a warlock with Pact of the Blade as well. They would have no use for the multiple weapons, since their pact weapon can be reshaped at will, but they'll get the benefit of doing it as a bonus action, plus the armour part. Might require jumping through some hoops to make it work though.

Llama513
2018-04-08, 11:42 AM
I like it, but it's a ribbon-level ability, definitely not worth a feat. I'd put the two together and make it a half feat, with a +1 to Int, Wis or Cha (so not primary stats for an Eldritch Knight).

I wonder if there's some way you could phrase this that would make it usable to a warlock with Pact of the Blade as well. They would have no use for the multiple weapons, since their pact weapon can be reshaped at will, but they'll get the benefit of doing it as a bonus action, plus the armour part. Might require jumping through some hoops to make it work though.

Interesting thought, I could take a look at that, Int is a primary stat for Eldritch Knight, since it is their casting stat, but I might be able to make it work, waiting to hear about the idea of combining the feats

Lalliman
2018-04-09, 12:58 AM
Interesting thought, I could take a look at that, Int is a primary stat for Eldritch Knight, since it is their casting stat, but I might be able to make it work, waiting to hear about the idea of combining the feats
It's more of a secondary stat. An eldritch knight is still better off getting +1 to Str or Dex. But I figure +1 Int makes sense because the benefits, while situational, are pretty hefty. Getting this along with a +1 Str might be a bit too good to pass up.

Anyways, it looks good now. I would definitely consider taking this if I was playing an eldritch knight.

On second thought, making a warlock version might be kind of awkward and redundant, with how different the class is. I'll leave that be.

Llama513
2018-04-09, 10:40 AM
It's more of a secondary stat. An eldritch knight is still better off getting +1 to Str or Dex. But I figure +1 Int makes sense because the benefits, while situational, are pretty hefty. Getting this along with a +1 Str might be a bit too good to pass up.

Anyways, it looks good now. I would definitely consider taking this if I was playing an eldritch knight.

On second thought, making a warlock version might be kind of awkward and redundant, with how different the class is. I'll leave that be.

I guess I got it right then, if it isn't a auto pick but is definetely in the consideration of options