PDA

View Full Version : pathfinder Synthesist summoner question

Amdy_vill
2018-04-07, 09:14 PM
so if i am fused with my eidolon and i level up can i take a feat that i only qualify for while fused with my eidolon. so i am a gunslinger summoner. my eidolon has 20 dex. it have 7 dex. could i get two weapon fighting if i level up while fused with my eidolon.

grarrrg
2018-04-07, 10:07 PM
Officially: Slightly gray area, confirm with your DM

Less officially: There's enough wiggle room to get away with it.
You must qualify for feats with 'actual' stats.
'Temporary' stats if left 'on' for 24+ hours count as 'actual' stats.
Ergo > stay in 'eidolon suit' for at least 24 hours, then take the feat.

There's also the argument of being allowed to take Natural Attack enhancing feats on builds that only sometimes have Natural Attacks.

In either case, feats stop working if you don't _currently_ meet the requirements, but turn right back on again when you do.

r2d2go
2018-04-07, 10:10 PM
so if i am fused with my eidolon and i level up can i take a feat that i only qualify for while fused with my eidolon. so i am a gunslinger summoner. my eidolon has 20 dex. it have 7 dex. could i get two weapon fighting if i level up while fused with my eidolon.

Taking feats that you only "temporarily" qualify for is mostly under GM discretion. Ability score based prerequisites are one of the unambiguous ones:

Ability bonuses with a duration greater than 1 day actually increase the relevant ability score after 24 hours.

So, for TWF and dex, you definitely can qualify. For other things, you may or may not be able to, ask your GM.

(also, as is tradition, some unsolicited build advice: if you're going nuts with synthesist summoner and have free action reloading anyway, you might consider multiweapon fighting and a bunch of arms instead. Like, unless you're exactly using Weapon Juggling and need all your gunslinger levels, it's almost always better to just have a ton of arms.)

Snowbluff
2018-04-07, 10:40 PM
The Eidolon qualifying you for feats has been an official ruling at one point.

So, for TWF and dex, you definitely can qualify. For other things, you may or may not be able to, ask your GM.

(also, as is tradition, some unsolicited build advice: if you're going nuts with synthesist summoner and have free action reloading anyway, you might consider multiweapon fighting and a bunch of arms instead. Like, unless you're exactly using Weapon Juggling and need all your gunslinger levels, it's almost always better to just have a ton of arms.)

Well, TWF becomes MWF (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/multiweapon-fighting-combat/) automatically if he gets more arms, so there's that.