PDA

View Full Version : Second Edition: Dragon Killing

Leon
2007-09-01, 09:07 AM
You may remember a few weeks ago i asked for advice on dealing with Blue Dragons in 2E

All 5 are dead, 3 we killed and the other 2 the Silvers tookdown

the 1st dragon didnt have a snowball's chance in hell - it was Broadsided by 8 Ballista's that had Weighty Chest cast on the bolts, 3 hit (2-4 increase in body weight x 3 to a flying creature). - It slammed into one of the Fortresses Towers
Thats how a 1st level spell killed a Dragon

2nd Kill invloved another Enchanted bolt and a now very heavy dragon slamming into the side of the ship, took out some of the balista's and a few crew - it tried to manouver after breathing and fell out of the ship. SPLAT

3rd, Power dived into the top deck to hit Mercuray (one of the Silvers), with the intent to slam her into the ship - failed to do that but still sent her out of control into the mountain side. in the combat that followed our newly acquired Brass Golem did massive amounts of damage to it before being torn apart, Thor (Dwarf Fighter) Threw his storm axe at it and killed it (it had 4 hp).

Below Decks the ride of the blus that crashed into us had a Phantasmal Killer chasing him as it engaged the crew and later my Cleric, the round that would have been the end for Mikael was also the round that the Anti pally was hit by his nightmare (Stunned infront of a Lvl 14 Anti Paladin is a bad place to be)

Outcome: 5 Blues Dead, 3 fallen Pallies Dead, 2 Anti Pallies Dead, 46 no name crew dead, 3 Halfling Marines dead, 1 Silver Dragon dead, 1 Tyrian Paladin Dead. only Party member to be harmed was my Cleric Mikael

The ship suffered a extreme amount of damage and will be going need major repairs - but Hey we have the bodies of 3 Dragons to sell and use aswell as several powerful magic items to Sacrifice and reuse