PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Looking for some guidance on a custom magic item

Bacchanalian
2018-04-07, 11:59 PM
DMing a Curse of Strahd campaign, and I have a Bard whose performance is writing-based. He writes limericks (and the player in question actually writes the limericks every session while we play, relevant to something that happened during the session in-character).

I'm trying to come up with a fitting magic item, as the rest of the party have some basic stuff, but I want this to fit his character--I have a journal of some sort in mind, basically a stationary kit, with some sort of power, but I'm not really sure where to go with it.

The party are level 6 or so, and include a Barbarian, Paladin, Rogue, and Warlock besides the Bard. He's CN, and terrified of his own shadow, making the Curse of Strahd experience doubly terrifying for him. He's been known to wet his pants, even cast invisibility on himself when a spell fails, and to always advocate for the safe course of action--generally running away. If that helps at all.

Wryte
2018-04-08, 01:35 AM
Since the notebook would essentially be a poet-bard's equivalent of another bard's instrument, my first thought would be to look at the Instruments of the Bards for inspiration.

Bacchanalian
2018-04-08, 11:00 AM
Since the notebook would essentially be a poet-bard's equivalent of another bard's instrument, my first thought would be to look at the Instruments of the Bards for inspiration.

For some reason that hadn't even crossed my mind. Thanks!