PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed [3.5] Looking for Deity

Thurbane
2018-04-08, 04:44 PM
I'm looking for a deity that offers the Envy domain, and is Lawful Evil.

According to this list (http://ftm3.altervista.org/ASMoNM/domains.html), the following deities offer the domain:

Core Deities: Erythnul, Garl Glittergold, Kurtulmak, Lolth, Nerull.
Eberron Deities: The Keeper, Kol Korran, the Mockery, Onatar.
Forgotten Realms Deities: Bane, Beshaba, Cyric, Gargauth, Hoar, Kiaransalee, Mask, Set, Shar, Sharess, Shargaas, Talona, Umberlee, Urdlen, Velsharoon, Vhaeraun, Waukeen.
Other Deities: Beltar, Tharizdun.

I believe Bane and Kurtulmak are LE, but neither really fits my purposes. Bane is a little too campaign specific, while Kurtulmak generally only has kobolds as worshippers, and I was most likely looking at a human character.

Any other suggestions? Trying to avoid homebrew/3rd party, and for this particular character worshipping an ideal doesn't really work.

Cheers - T

PacMan2247
2018-04-08, 05:10 PM
Scahrossar from the BoVD is lawful evil, but I don't think envy would fit as a domain for her even if it had been available at that printing. Could you perhaps work with an archdevil? Mammon would certainly fit, and I could see a strong argument for Mephistopheles.

ShurikVch
2018-04-08, 05:16 PM
If FR stuff is acceptable, then - Gargauth.
(Also, Set is LE in the FR)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-04-08, 05:18 PM
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting page 9, Converting Core D&D Characters to Forgotten Realms Characters sidebar, indicates Hextor = Bane and/or Loviatar, so it wouldn't be out of the question to add that domain to a particular sect of Hextor worshipers.

Wrain
2018-04-08, 05:33 PM
Set (the serpent god) has Air, Chaos, Darkness, Destruction, Evil, Hatred, Law, Magic, Scalykind, Sin-Envy, Sin-Pride, Sin-Wrath, Strength, Vile Darkness.

flappeercraft
2018-04-08, 06:00 PM
The Heretic of the Faith feat from PoF could help you. It lets you be 2 steps away in alignment fvrom your deity and to replace any domain you have with any other domain that your deity does not offer.