PDA

View Full Version : God for a character concept?

Afrodactyl
2018-04-08, 04:53 PM
I'm planning on making an executioner-style barbarian that eats the bodies of those he kills, to gain their strength.

Are there any gods in the D&D pantheon that include corpse eating as part of their following?

Moradin
2018-04-08, 05:12 PM
I'm planning on making an executioner-style barbarian that eats the bodies of those he kills, to gain their strength.

Are there any gods in the D&D pantheon that include corpse eating as part of their following?

Malar (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Malar)comes to mind.

Survival of the fittest and the winnowing of the weak are Malar's legacy. A brutal, bloody death or kill has great meaning. The crux of life is the challenge between the hunter and the prey, the determination of who lives or dies. View every important task as a hunt. Remain ever alert and alive. Walk the wilderness without trepidation, and show no fear to the hunt. Savagery and strong emotions defeat reason and careful thought in all things. Taste the blood of those you slay, and never kill from a distance. Work against those who cut back the forest and who kill beasts solely because they are dangerous. Slay not the young, the pregnant, or deepspawn so that prey will remain plentiful.

Tthe Black Raven and the Blue Bear tribes are both evil, the Blue Bear having had encounters with Malar in the past. They seem to fit your query.

Naanomi
2018-04-08, 05:32 PM
Several of the monsterous pantheon gods are big on Cannibalism... Vaprak, some of the giant Gods... others too I’m sure

Asmotherion
2018-04-08, 06:23 PM
-Malar does fit in perfectly, as a deity of Lycanthropes.
-Vecna or Orcus could also be fitting, as an attempt to show wickedness and willingness to mimick the ways of the Undead.
-Semuanya is a True Neutral Lizardfolk Deity of Survival and Propagation, that fits the Utilitarian Trope. Basically, forcus at Survival of you and your own at all costs. Wile it appears as a Lizardfolk Only option, Some Dragonic Characters or Reptilian Characters may get a Pass for it, or even a Backround for it (Such as being raised by a Lizardfolk Tribe; Some Lizardfolk are known to develop a Parental instinct for smaller races than themselves 'till they are of age.)
-Good Old Tiamat. We are Dragons. People Are Food, Kettle or Slaves. No Exceptions. That's how the Food Chain goes. It's my privilage and your honor to become my next meal. Now if you would just stand still so I can use my breath on you? I like my steak well done. Similar Clauses with the above, but a Single level Dip in Dragonic Origin Sorcerer, The Dragon Casualty Backround, or just a Dragonic Race should Fix That.