PDA

View Full Version : Making an AL character based on Garm from Vinland Saga. Advice?

prototype00
2018-04-09, 12:04 AM
For those of you who don’t follow it, Vinland Saga is a manga set in the Viking Age, and Garm is an... antagonist in it (or at least he is actively annoying to the main cast).

Garm is a wild-haired teenager who fights with nothing but a spear taller than he is and his fervent desire to die at the hands of a worthy foe. (No Armor) Currently he is trying to get the pacifist MC to off him.

I was thinking of a Barbarian Glaive user of some stripe, with PAM and GWM. Since he uses a mocking, agile fighting style, I’ll have him be Ancestral Guardiam, so that he can lure big fights to himself (and not have the party completely hate him) pick up Sentinel at 8 to complete the Oberyn Martell vibe.

Any advice?

GlenSmash!
2018-04-09, 12:58 PM
For those of you who don’t follow it, Vinland Saga is a manga set in the Viking Age, and Garm is an... antagonist in it (or at least he is actively annoying to the main cast).

Garm is a wild-haired teenager who fights with nothing but a spear taller than he is and his fervent desire to die at the hands of a worthy foe. (No Armor) Currently he is trying to get the pacifist MC to off him.

I was thinking of a Barbarian Glaive user of some stripe, with PAM and GWM. Since he uses a mocking, agile fighting style, I’ll have him be Ancestral Guardiam, so that he can lure big fights to himself (and not have the party completely hate him) pick up Sentinel at 8 to complete the Oberyn Martell vibe.

Any advice?

Seems like a solid start to me.

Though if you only want him to be killed by a truly worthy foe I would go Zealot :)

prototype00
2018-04-09, 04:29 PM
Seems like a solid start to me.

Though if you only want him to be killed by a truly worthy foe I would go Zealot :)

Nah, see, Thorkell is a zealot. That guy is impossible to kill, permanently.

GlenSmash!
2018-04-09, 05:00 PM
Nah, see, Thorkell is a zealot. That guy is impossible to kill, permanently.

I don't think a Zealot is impossible to kill, just very hard to kill, and very easy to to bring back from the dead. But I see your point.