PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Iaijutsu Spell Razor Duskblade build?

retaliation08
2018-04-09, 08:58 AM
Spellrazor
( Races of Stone, p. 144)

You have mastered the style of combining a gnome quickrazor with spellcasting.

Prerequisite
Combat Casting (PH) , Concentration 5 ranks, Exotic Weapon Profi ciency (gnome quickrazor), Two- Weapon Fighting,

Benefit
As a full-round action, you can cast a melee touch attack spell, attack with the spell, and make an offhand attack with your gnome quickrazor.

Arcane Channeling (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, you can use a standard action to cast any touch spell you know and deliver the spell through your weapon with a melee attack. Casting a spell in this manner does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The spell must have a casting time of 1 standard action or less. If the melee attack is successful, the attack deals damage normally; then the effect of the spell is resolved.

Does Arcana Channeling work with Spellrazor? Like, can you cast a touch spell, then use the offhand attack from Spellrazor for Arcane Channeling?

Spellrazor is a full round action and Arcane Channeling is a standard action, so I don't think they work together, but I want to be sure.

Assuming I went with one or both of these build options, how would I best incorporate Iaijutsu Focus? It isn't a class skill for any casting classes that I am aware of (Factotum is only a kind of a caster in a way).

Darrin
2018-04-09, 09:10 AM
Does Arcana Channeling work with Spellrazor? Like, can you cast a touch spell, then use the offhand attack from Spellrazor for Arcane Channeling?

No. The two action types are not compatible. You can take a full-round action on your turn, or a standard + move action. You can't perform a full-round and a standard action on the same turn without doing some action economy shenanigans.

Assuming I went with one or both of these build options, how would I best incorporate Iaijutsu Focus? It isn't a class skill for any casting classes that I am aware of (Factotum is only a kind of a caster in a way).

If you're playing Eberron, Aereni Focus (Player's Guide to Eberron) can get you Iaijutus Focus as a class skill. Outside of that, Human Paragon (Unearthed Arcana) might be your best option, but it will cost you a caster level.

Thurbane
2018-04-09, 04:49 PM
Thank you for bringing my attention to this feat, I'd never noticed it before.

I can definitely see some niche builds that could benefit from it.

retaliation08
2018-04-09, 05:48 PM
Thank you for bringing my attention to this feat, I'd never noticed it before.

I can definitely see some niche builds that could benefit from it.

Yeah, I mean the weapon was designed for gnomish casters to have a free hand for spells that could be armed at an instant.

Im trying to find a build that optimizes quickrazor to that end.

Anthrowhale
2018-04-09, 06:05 PM
The generic spellcaster (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm#spellcaster) can have a high Iajutsu Focus.