PDA

View Full Version : Optimization 5th Edition - Youtube Video.

Tawmis
2018-04-09, 01:59 PM
Because I love 5e (but I still don't think I know everything!) - I was thinking of making some tutorial videos about how to play D&D, the differences of character types (class/race), skills, etc? Have each episode cover each of these. So one day, talk about Dwarves, next day Elves, so on and so on. Would anyone be interested in seeing something like this?

Unoriginal
2018-04-09, 03:19 PM
Because I love 5e (but I still don't think I know everything!) - I was thinking of making some tutorial videos about how to play D&D, the differences of character types (class/race), skills, etc? Have each episode cover each of these. So one day, talk about Dwarves, next day Elves, so on and so on. Would anyone be interested in seeing something like this?

Are you talking about optimization? Or more like lore?

GlenSmash!
2018-04-09, 04:57 PM
Something like this? https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJmFJXf3BXjzXZYtrNPb-KPI74wRvpC-e

quark12000
2018-04-09, 05:17 PM
I love those by CJ. I'm still trying to work out the story.

2D8HP
2018-04-09, 06:13 PM
Because I love 5e...

...interested in seeing something like this?

Sure, as text.

Maybe posted to a Forum centered around a Web Comic?

I'm trying to think if there's any....

HolyAvenger7
2018-04-11, 09:22 AM
Something like this? https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJmFJXf3BXjzXZYtrNPb-KPI74wRvpC-e

Or DawnForgedCast, or WebDm, or Digital Dungeon Master, or Nerdarchy...

It's not a new idea, but useful. I've viewed multiple as I have developed new races or characters just to get ideas.

You just need to determine what makes your different than the ones already out there and capitalize on that. :smallsmile:

GlenSmash!
2018-04-11, 12:57 PM
You just need to determine what makes your different than the ones already out there and capitalize on that. :smallsmile:

That's good advice right there.

Anonymouswizard
2018-04-11, 04:38 PM
I'd only really be interested if you could also dig into things like how the things have changed over the editions. Like B/X elves are rather different to 3.X elves, which have differences to 5e elves. Halflings have been through changes even if we ignore Kender. But just 'what is an X in D&D5e' is something that not only already exists but is boring (partially because D&D has shaped what X is for decades now).

Joe dirt
2018-04-11, 07:08 PM
Go for it....

Tawmis
2018-04-16, 10:09 PM

Hah! Very similar to that, indeed!

Sure, as text.
Maybe posted to a Forum centered around a Web Comic?
I'm trying to think if there's any....

Well Order of the Stick did that, pretty early on. ;)
Also a webcomic would require some artistic skills, for which I have none! :D

Or DawnForgedCast, or WebDm, or Digital Dungeon Master, or Nerdarchy...
It's not a new idea, but useful. I've viewed multiple as I have developed new races or characters just to get ideas.

Indeed! It's all very loose in my head right now - there's a ton out there that does already what I am thinking... as noted above...
For me, it's literally just the excitement of 5th edition... I've not been this happy about D&D since 2nd edition...
Yes... yes... We're talking THAC0 and the like... (I had those charts MEMORIZED!) :D
So it's mostly me just wanting to share my passion about 5th edition - and if in the process - I can help someone else who might be interested in playing (or DMing) understand it - all the better!

I'd only really be interested if you could also dig into things like how the things have changed over the editions. Like B/X elves are rather different to 3.X elves, which have differences to 5e elves. Halflings have been through changes even if we ignore Kender. But just 'what is an X in D&D5e' is something that not only already exists but is boring (partially because D&D has shaped what X is for decades now).

That would be really cool to do when you highlight specific classes/races and the like! I like that.