PDA

View Full Version : who mitd mght be[SPOILERS]

wojonatior
2007-09-01, 01:46 PM
did anybody notice that mitd's whistle in 484 is purple so could he possibly be realated to the purple eye guy in 380 or be the purple eye guy in a diffrent form?

boomwolf
2007-09-01, 02:01 PM
WTF is the connection?

this is like the WORST predection i have ever seen!

"hi! he whistles! that means he is a demon lord!"

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-01, 02:03 PM
...or he could be Samantha because her magical aura is purple.

He's Dorukan in disguise, because everyone knows that purple is the opposite of yellow, and that Dorukan is a jungle animal. Duh.

This is really drawing at straws.

wojonatior
2007-09-01, 02:47 PM
purple is the color of the demon

Theodoriph
2007-09-01, 02:50 PM
It's also the colour of your sceptre, but you don't hear me calling him your brother.

Chronos
2007-09-01, 04:55 PM
It's also the color of Daimyo Kubota, and also of the Dark One.

I think any real speculation would be premature at this point, but there is probably some sort of significance to the note being purple.

wojonatior
2007-09-01, 05:16 PM
It's also the colour of your sceptre, but you don't hear me calling him your brother.

this is a speculation thread you dont have to make fun of me.

The Hop Goblin
2007-09-01, 08:04 PM
He's really the "Invisable Christopher Walken" from the D&D PSA's

RAGE KING!
2007-09-01, 08:39 PM
wojoniator has a point. A lot of people have been talking about the third fiend lord. "Is he the guy on Kubota's ship?" "Is he related to the MiTD?" it's all the same. You don't have to be mean to him. Speech bubble colours are interesting, and can anybody else think of someone who could have a purple speech bubble.

However, the fiend lord's eye's are too reddish in my point of view.

Also, see this; What we know about the MitD. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3030675&postcount=1)

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-01, 11:06 PM
wojoniator has a point. A lot of people have been talking about the third fiend lord. "Is he the guy on Kubota's ship?" "Is he related to the MiTD?" it's all the same. You don't have to be mean to him. Speech bubble colours are interesting, and can anybody else think of someone who could have a purple speech bubble.

However, the fiend lord's eye's are too reddish in my point of view.

Also, see this; What we know about the MitD. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3030675&postcount=1)

Indeed, just because I participated in the mean-ness doesn't mean I was in the right!

Icewalker
2007-09-02, 04:04 AM
Thing is it's not that he has purple speech bubbles, it's just the note's color. They show up in other places in other various colors. Seems to me to imply...nothing. Purple seems to me the closest color to link to darkness, maybe that was part of the decision, but I don't think it has anything to do with what he is under the umbrella.

FireDrake
2007-09-02, 04:46 AM
Thing is it's not that he has purple speech bubbles, it's just the note's color. They show up in other places in other various colors. Seems to me to imply...nothing. Purple seems to me the closest color to link to darkness, maybe that was part of the decision, but I don't think it has anything to do with what he is under the umbrella.

I agree.

other places weve seen coloured whistles:

Elan-Green
Sabine-Red(although that knida goes 'for' it)

Just because one out of two whistles so far are from a demon doesnt mean all the rest are.

Anyway, I think it's Girard because he's an illusionist whose colour scheme is purple.:smallbiggrin:

FrostXian
2007-09-02, 05:03 AM
purple is the color of the demon

Is he a jungle animal..?

lavidor10
2007-09-02, 05:17 AM
The purple note definitely signifies... something.

Keep in mind that this is an end of arc comic in which every panel has the next arc's plot hooks.

chriky
2007-09-02, 06:12 AM
i don't think that mitd is a big demon lord or the great one because he comes across quite childish and a bit feminine with his childs tea party and pink umbrella

wojonatior
2007-09-02, 07:25 AM
well for the note color elan's is probably green beacuse of his pants. sabine's is probably red beacuse she mainly wears red clothes and her eyes are red. so mitd will probably have some purple physicial feature. as foe the umbrella he didnt choose that as shown in http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0147.html.

RAGE KING!
2007-09-02, 10:34 AM
The purple note definitely signifies... something.

Keep in mind that this is an end of arc comic in which every panel has the next arc's plot hooks.

But MitD was also carrying O-chul in the same strip. So the whistle itself doesn't HAVE to mean something, but it probably does.

explanetpluto
2007-09-02, 10:11 PM
MitD is whistling because he hasn't a clue about what's going on.

And Demon Lords get black speech bubbles, so a no for that theory.

Girard as MitD is an interesting idea, and could explain the not seeing of the gate. What if he cast some sort of fancy illusion so he couldn't see the other gates, because they agreed not to interfere with each other?

Max_Sinister
2007-09-17, 02:33 AM
And let's not forget the question: Is the MitD male or female? ;-) At the beginning I tended to male (messy popcorn eater), but the tea party rather points to the opposite.

dehro
2007-09-17, 10:07 AM
it's a tarrasque puppy...female.
I know next to nothing about the monsters' rules and descriptions of d&d, so allow me to speculate.. there can be only one tarrasque, right? but they have to start somewhere, as puppies, right? and since there can be only one at a time, it has to be female...right?

ok..I'm not really making any sense..

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-09-17, 10:37 AM
I don't know what the MitD is, although I have my suspicions. But the note to me makes me think he is magical, or has magical powers of some sort.

If you click on the word "Comics" on the left border, you get a clickable link to OotS and Erfworld. Elan is whistling in the OotS Link, and his whistle-note is green. To me, that shows his magical aura or whatever.

As to what I think the MitD is: (SoD Spoilers as well)

I think it is Minya, son of Godzilla. Yeah, Minya is somewhat obscure, but Godzilla is well known as the biggest, baddest monster of all! All the monsters live on Monster Island, so for the stereotypical Big Game Hunters to comment that they have never seen one of those where they captured the MitD means that the Hunters may have gone on a safari to Monster Island.

Godzilla has the "stomp attack" power, so Minya could as well. In the movie, Minya didn't have his breath weapon yet, which means nothing at the moment. And Minya was a child, who was befrended by a little boy named Ichiro, who was facing bullies of his own. And of course, Godzilla (and Minya) are ugly, yet oddly compelling, to look upon. Especially to children.

Meh, I'm probably wrong, but at least I'm not saying:
"I have a theory! The MitD is a part of the Snarl! Why hasn't anyone ever thought of that before? Hur, hur, hur!"

GSFB
2007-09-17, 10:56 AM
MitD is Glorificus from BTVS.

Seriously.

I just watched the episode where Buffy fights Glory and Glory stomps her foot and cracks the ground... JUST LIKE MitD DID!!!

It all makes sense... MitD likes pretty girlie things!!!

And the demonroaches act just like Glory's minions.

Wesc
2007-09-18, 10:05 AM
MitD is Glorificus from BTVS.

Seriously.

I just watched the episode where Buffy fights Glory and Glory stomps her foot and cracks the ground... JUST LIKE MitD DID!!!

It all makes sense... MitD likes pretty girlie things!!!

And the demonroaches act just like Glory's minions.

Please tell me you're joking.

Edea
2007-09-18, 10:23 AM
Do demon roaches glow in the dark? In #147, they are perfectly visible, yet they are farther away from the light source Redcloak is producing than MitD. Perhaps the MitD's skin literally cannot reflect light...or perhaps it doesn't react to magic (now that would be scary).

I think it much more likely that it's just so that we can see the little roach joke, rather than it actually meaning anything, but it sounded neat.

Oh, and MitD's eyebrows glow yellow, too. That's made of awesome, right there.

NerfTW
2007-09-18, 11:41 AM
As stated in Start of Darkness, the roaches have a habit of eating the walls, especially the fourth one.

AKA: They're like the Critics on the old Muppet Show. They're just there to comment on the action, so they're always visible.

MITD must have a magical darkness, since there's no way an umbrella would cast a shadow dark enough to hide his identity in daylight.