PDA

View Full Version : Introducing: "Soulfinder" a Pathfinder spin-off idea

Cap'n Gravelock
2018-04-10, 01:13 AM
SOULFINDER & NEMELRETH

My group and I originally wanted to just play our adventures in Minata, the Philippines analogue in Golarion, as we are all Filipino.

Now Golarion is certainly beautiful in its own right and we love just about everything in it. But then, we realized that it was simply not everything we wanted so we all got to work on making our own setting. Well, I did most of the work but, since I'm their GM, I guess it's my responsibility. Anyway, we wanted our setting to be different such as with good-aligned liches, orcs and goblins and more monsters from Filipino folklore so we went and came up with "Nemelreth", our very own setting similar to how Order of the Stick is based on Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 but is its own unique world.

Indeed, Nemelreth is also similar to Golarion in many ways except for the following:
• There are no large continents on Nemelreth as many of the landmasses have been reduced to many, many tiny islands similar to that of Oceania with the largest ones being Agmanoth to the Northwest, capital of the Golden Empire, Orlios to the Southeast, headquarters of the Iron Coalition and Tholmaren which lies at the heart of the Elryth Ocean and the Known World.
• While most people live on the many island-countries found in Nemelreth, there are also those that dwell in city-ships, massive vessels ranging from the size of small villages to that of metropola that float on the waters of the Elryth Ocean with some having been around for millennia.
• Sadly, a lot of the island-countries of Nemelreth have turned to worshiping Behemoths and Leviathans (expies of Cthulhu Mythos deities and the monsters from the Berserk anime), especially as a feeling of foreboding has fallen upon the Known World, with some proclaiming that an apocalypse will sunder the world completely.
• A Chritian-like religion called Ysseism which focuses on the worship of a halfling called Yssei.

As I said, Soulfinder is actually quite inspired by Order of the Stick but, since I can't draw worth squat, I'll just write this in the form of a story which, if the admins are willing, I will post here.

The tie-in story based on our adventures is called Voyage of the Chenodia which details the story of privateers who are on the hunt for a lich pirate named Gabriel Palmar.