PDA

View Full Version : Metamagic on allies spells + Not Incantatrix

Yogibear41
2018-04-10, 02:43 AM
Is there any other prestige class that allows a character to apply metamagic to his allies spells in the same way an Incantatrix can?

Say I want to Persist some spells my other party members cast on themselves, is there another class that would let me do that?

Covenant12
2018-04-10, 03:38 PM
For persistent spell, nothing I've heard of or found searching.

Circle magic (hathran, red wizard) can apply empower, maximize, or heighten to the circle leader. But only those 3 metamagic feats, no hint of option for others.

This is really the most abusive power the incantatrix has, and the main reason many on this board cringe at the class being mentioned. (Though the epic feat improved metamagic at character level 15 is quite the power boost)

If something else in 3.5 can do similar I'd like to know, so free bump for that. (My knowledge of pathfinder is limited, could well be something there)

RoboEmperor
2018-04-10, 03:41 PM
Srinshee's Spell Shift - 1round/level, personal, add metamagic to ally spellcaster's spells by spending an additional spell slot equal to the modified spell level.

Malimar
2018-04-10, 03:54 PM
Simple, dumb-but-correct-ish answer: All you really need is the Craft Rod feat and some spare xp/gold/downtime.

Anthrowhale
2018-04-10, 04:39 PM
A Heartfire Fanner can grant metamagic feats to allies. If those allies have class levels which grant spontaneous metamagic (Magical Trickster 3, Anima Mage 4, etc...), you can get a similar effect.

An alternative would be to circle magic heighten a spell to 20th level and then use Arcane Conversion to swap in temporarily gained metamagic feats.

Yogibear41
2018-04-10, 06:55 PM
ah, I was looking to do it for a Paladin, with a Mystic Ranger base, so far from OP, but none of those really work, thats all fine and well, ill go back to working on my Bard/Incantatrix buffer Idea then.

Goaty14
2018-04-10, 09:23 PM
AFB right now, but cooperative spell (CArc) might be worth looking into. Pretty sure the Truenamer and something in OA get something like what you're describing.