PDA

View Full Version : Roll 6 d20s straight to generate stats. Whats your character?

clash
2018-04-10, 02:42 PM
So inspired by the 3d6 straight thread, where I saw a lot of middling stats I wanted to try for some more extremes. All of your stats get rolled straight down in order with a single d20 roll for each. Post your stats and your character. Here's mine:

Strength: 19,
Dex: 1 + 2,
Con: 20,
Int: 11 + 1,
Wis: 13,
Cha: 20

Wow... Okay.

Go High Elf:

People had always told Elyias that he was slow. Not in the way of him being stupid but rather he was extremely clumsy, especially for an elf, and took a long time to respond. He was smart, he just like to consider all of his options before doing anything. Anything. The problem was he was much stronger than most of is kin and didnt want to accidentally hurt someone. His inner reflection before speaking though, helped him to always say the right thing, and aided in in making many friends, and provided him the conviction he needed to swear his Paladin oaths.

Aett_Thorn
2018-04-10, 02:48 PM
Str: 12
Dex: 7 +2
Con: 8
Int: 14
Wis: 10
Cha: 17 +1

Hmmm...Definitely going Cha-based caster here, as I definitely don't want to get into melee with this character. Let's go Lightfoot Halfling Tomelock, and at level 4 and 8 we'll bump up Dex and Con somehow as first priorities.

Akolyte01
2018-04-10, 02:50 PM
So inspired by the 3d6 straight thread, where I saw a lot of middling stats I wanted to try for some more extremes. All of your stats get rolled straight down in order with a single d20 roll for each. Post your stats and your character. Here's mine:

Wow... Okay.

Go High Elf:

People had always told Elyias that he was slow. Not in the way of him being stupid but rather he was extremely clumsy, especially for an elf, and took a long time to respond. He was smart, he just like to consider all of his options before doing anything. Anything. The problem was he was much stronger than most of is kin and didnt want to accidentally hurt someone. His inner reflection before speaking though, helped him to always say the right thing, and aided in in making many friends, and provided him the conviction he needed to swear his Paladin oaths.

A dex of 3 surpasses "slow".... that's nearly catatonic :smallbiggrin:

Or maybe could be fluffed as having a neurological disorder that disrupts fine motor control

clash
2018-04-10, 02:54 PM
A dex of 3 surpasses "slow".... that's nearly catatonic :smallbiggrin:

Or maybe could be fluffed as having a neurological disorder that disrupts fine motor control

He will be wearing heavy armor, that's for sure.

smcmike
2018-04-10, 02:59 PM
Str: 1 + 1
Dex: 8
Con: 16
Int: 7
Wis: 17 + 1
Cha: 18 + 2

Tom the half elf sorcerer was born with powerful magic . . . but no arms.

nickl_2000
2018-04-10, 03:00 PM
Well then
Str 7
Dex 14
Con 2
Int 19 +1
Wis 19 +1
Cha 17 +2

These rolls scream half elf and caster, especially one that is no where near combat since I'd be made of glass. He would be very sickly, but I'm struggling with classes...

Hexblade? Arcana Cleric? Knowledge Cleric/Lore Bard for all the skills?

Ninja_Prawn
2018-04-10, 03:04 PM
People had always told Elyias that he was slow.

"Elyias, what's your initiative?"
"..."
"Elyiaaaas?"
"Negative 3"
"Ah, ok. How about this: negative numbers wrap back around to go first... at the top of round two. :smalltongue:"

Avonar
2018-04-10, 03:13 PM
STR: 6
DEX: 7
CON: 4
INT: 16
WIS: 6
CHA: 7

I mean...really that can only be a very old wizard. Old, needing a walking stick, fragile as anything but still pretty clever.

Vorpalchicken
2018-04-10, 03:14 PM
Well then
Str 7
Dex 14
Con 2
Int 19 +1
Wis 19 +1
Cha 17 +2

These rolls scream half elf and caster, especially one that is no where near combat since I'd be made of glass. He would be very sickly, but I'm struggling with classes...

Hexblade? Arcana Cleric? Knowledge Cleric/Lore Bard for all the skills?

Go wizard and challenge yourself to see what is the highest level you can attain without ever having more than 2 maximum hit points.

clash
2018-04-10, 03:20 PM
Go wizard and challenge yourself to see what is the highest level you can attain without ever having more than 2 maximum hit points.

Start with Dragon sorcerer for +1hp per level. You hp would go up 1 per level. That's something.

nickl_2000
2018-04-10, 03:30 PM
Start with Dragon sorcerer for +1hp per level. You hp would go up 1 per level. That's something.

Can you imagine this character in the social tiers though? Those stats would be crazy

Citan
2018-04-10, 05:29 PM

Wow... Okay.

Hi!

Well, I "beat" you.

At least people won't suspect me of cheating on the rolls, unless they'd think I'm masochistic...

Plus now people will believe when I say bad luck is actually a thing... XD

Anyways.
With those stats, any work of being reasonably "decent" is normal Human Moon Druid...

Probably the story of a "Mowgli"-like baby that was raised by... An Eagle.
Because its "stepparent" always kept him in its nest isolated from everything, the infant had much trouble developing anything beyond a crude understanding of life itself, and interestingly enough, how to imitate eagle's squawks.
Because of that and also intrinsical flaw in intelligence, the child aged without learning much even about himself, being kinda physically atrophied.
As such, the first and only time he tried to quit the nest to explore things, he fell down quite far from the mountain side into a forest.
He was, then, lucky enough to be noticed by one of the scout animals of the local Druid. Picking up the young human to heal his injuries, he immediately understood there was a problem. After some inquiries, he used Speak With Animals to try and have an educated discussion, to little avail.
Strangely enough though, the Druid developed some affection, enough to finally decide raising him to be a Druid could be, although a fantastic challenge, at least a way to help him get a surviving chance and maybe something close to a normal life...
20 years after, Moogle is finally ready to get onto a journey or otherwise making a life for himself. Although this small, frail-looking 30-year old guy behaves mostly like a child, his emotional intuitiveness make him someone most animals approach, as well as a good infant caretaker.

--- Because I was a bit sad to "stand there", I made another roll. Much better although it's still high&low

... My gosh, 1 Dexterity... XD
Time for a Giant (well, the big race, don't remember the name) Eldricht Knight (with possibly dip in Wizard). It's not the best optim (which would be Abjurer Wizard) or the most thematic (which would be Long Death Monk) but who cares? :)

This guy developed quite a reputation for himself, as an arena warrior mainly: he got famous for basically always standing still, just deflecting ranged attacks one way or another, until people came into reach of his weapon. The outstanding amount of damage he could sustain, the fact he very rarely moved, and the wits he demonstrated in using plain martial tactics and ocassionally some magic earned him the nickname "The Arrogant Tower".

But, in fact, it was not a matter of arrogance, just of survival. Known of him only, this great warrior suffered from genetical deviances: although his growth had went on a scale beyond anything normal, he realized as he grew thanks to his high mind which he put into studies, that internal organs didn't quite follow, especially the heart. As such, intense effort could quickly end as risky because although you can train a heart, it's only up to a certain point. And cardiac failures are quite an ordeal.

But his tallness made him, in spite of his efforts to look weak and transparent, an apparent threat for people lacking self-confidence, that projected their fears onto him, and provoking him into fights as a result.
Forced to defend himself, he learned how to fight in a very efficient way, using his mind to anticipate as much as possible.
He's hoping that through magic, he may find a cure to his body flaw, either by himself or by finding a way to hire someone who could instead...

2D8HP
2018-04-10, 06:21 PM
STR: 3

DEX : 8 + 2

CON: 17

INT: 14 + 1

WIS: 3

CHA: 9

Not what I would choose via point buy!

I'd go High Elf Wizard, Sage Background:

For centuries Theren gazed at the stars taking little note at things below, while one by one friends and family ceased to visit until there were only strangers around.

Under some long forgotten papers there was greetings announcing a birth, Theren was an uncle, of a Half Elf.

The message was decades old.

Suddenly mindful of time slipping away, and with the thought of how short a life his relation will have Theren joined a caravan of adventurers heading near his kin.

DarthPenance
2018-04-10, 06:29 PM
Str: 16
Dex: 15(+1=16)
Con : 1(+1=2) (well then)
Int: 20 (karma much?)
Wis: 16
Cha : 19(+1=20)

So, basically, great stats all around, except for Con which is a 1, as in -5, with racial bonus for 2
Wizard then
I'll start with 2 hp so I basically die from a single punch, but yeah, I'm smarter, wiser, more charismatic than most, I probably should stay home and invent something instead of trying to adventure. In case of adventure I got the Tough feat from the variant human so I have 4 hp =).

CTurbo
2018-04-10, 07:11 PM
17+1 Str
17+1 Dex
16 Con
1 Int
8 Wis
20 Cha

I'm a naked vhuman Frenzy Barbarian with the tavern brawler feat at level 1.

I'm not smart enough to use a weapon or be any other class than barbarian. I probably sleep on the floor or even outside, but man am I good looking and liked by all.

the secret fire
2018-04-10, 07:13 PM
Str: 2
Dex: 1
Con: 1
Int: 8
Wis: 9
Cha: 7

Tyrik the halfliing died in childbirth. Some babies are just too good for this world.

Protato
2018-04-10, 07:22 PM
12 Str, 3 Dex, 17 Con, 16 Int, 13 Wis, 13 Chr.

I go Regular Human for +1 to all stats and go with Abjuration Wizard for the Ward to compensate for their low AC, and sits in the back to avoid harm, maybe moving into the middle as fights go on to help mop up weakened enemies. He's very clumsy, but people find this to be endearing about him.

ProsecutorGodot
2018-04-10, 07:37 PM
Str - 10
Dex - 19 + 1
Con - 18 + 2
Int - 4
Wis - 1
Cha - 7

Air Genasi Brute Fighter who calls himself Guh. Guh doesn't have much going on upstairs but if you point at something that needs killing he'll make it happen. He can be bribed with candy and responds positively to belly rubs.

You'd better hope that no one else finds out how easy it is to sway Guh because he'd trust anyone who gave him a piece of chocolate and a few nice pats.

G mayes
2018-04-10, 08:07 PM
Str 8
Dex 16
Con19,
Int 6
Wis 16 (15 +1)
Cha4

Einrich hill dwarf ranger
Not that well liked, or all that smart, Einrich was left with two choices, stay somewhere he wasn't liked, or go make a different path in life.

Hardy and dexterous, a life of adventure called to him. Though not the smartest, he was wise enough to stay out of too much trouble and almost always kept alert of things going on around him.

A stranger to life above the surface, it didn't take long for him to realize he was going to have to make life on his own.

Living a solitary life Einrich never learned anything new academically as he grew older, but he certainly became skilled at surviving.

KorvinStarmast
2018-04-10, 08:32 PM

Wanders off into the sunset.

For the OP: 2d10 works better.

Vorpalchicken
2018-04-10, 09:11 PM

Probably a Rock Gnome Moon Druid? Yikes

Illven
2018-04-10, 09:42 PM
Let's see we have.

Str 8
Dex 9
Con 11
Int 13
Wis 3
Cha 1

Simonf7
2018-04-10, 09:57 PM
17+1 Str
17+1 Dex
16 Con
1 Int
8 Wis
20 Cha

I'm a naked vhuman Frenzy Barbarian with the tavern brawler feat at level 1.

I'm not smart enough to use a weapon or be any other class than barbarian. I probably sleep on the floor or even outside, but man am I good looking and liked by all.

With an Int of 1 and Cha of 20 I can only assume you are the equivalent of a human puppy dog.

Lord8Ball
2018-04-10, 10:09 PM
9 strength
8+2 dexterity
6 constitution
20 intelligence
8 wisdom
2 charisma
Feat: hardy
Mauled by a bear, burned in a fire, and tortured by demons. This wizard hates anything and everything because they have it better than him. His irrational anger for the world led him on a path of destruction. Onlookers see this pyromaniac anarchist as he lays waste to the countryside out of spite.

Xihirli
2018-04-10, 10:24 PM
STR 19
DEX 8
CON 6
INT 6
WIS 8
CHA 16

Okay this is just... all over the place. I don't want to get into melee with that CON, so I should probably go with a CHA build. Shadow Sorcerer to keep myself from dying outright, and I'll probably go with Yuan-Ti to make up for my awful, awful saves.

Desteplo
2018-04-10, 10:29 PM

Oh boy....
Moon Druid for sure..
Forest gnome for flavor. Talking wit all dem animals

Danielqueue1
2018-04-11, 02:48 AM
2 STR
15 (+1) DEX
5 CON
15 INT
16 WIS
19 (+1) CHA

Gaunt, Sickly, he seemed aged beyond his years. he carried barely even the clothes on his back, but whispers followed him everywhere once a Cleric of Torm, Drenith knew many secrets, some called him a heretic for the words he whispered. and they were right. he had made a pact with an extra planar being that gave him strength belying his frail body.

Variant human (sharpshooter)
level 1 war cleric.
the rest in hexblade pact of the blade, improved pact weapon.

Wield a bow like a normal person, but when enemies get close, suddenly pull out a pact weapon greatsword and swing it around with your charisma. while being to weak to even pick up the fighter's platemail. that being said close quarters fighting is an absolute last resort.

Knaight
2018-04-11, 02:59 AM
Str: 5
Dex: 19
Con: 17
Int: 13
Wis: 9
Cha: 3

First things first - I can't not take Human there, and I mean regular human. Six odd ability scores is basically the single best opportunity. So:

Str: 6
Dex: 20
Con: 18
Int: 14
Wis: 10
Cha: 4

These are excellent stats overall - the dump stats are atrocious, but Dex 20 Con 18 basically covers any dex build, and Int 14 adds a few others. Eldritch Knight or Arcane Trickster stand out, probably playing either of them as finesse melee with a side of archery (Con 18 is wasted on a primary ranged build).

Sasha The Small was always an athletic girl, quick in body and mind, with a great love of the outdoors. She spent her time running and climbing, interacting with others as little as possible, a misfit who couldn't have cared less about her status. This lifestyle ended up getting her in trouble, and she ended up a thief working for other antisocial misfits in the middle of nowhere - wizards stealing each others notes. By the time the adventuring party ended up finding her she'd already picked up magic, and the lifestyle of a wanderer roughing it in the wilderness for months at a time called to her like nothing before.

Daphne
2018-04-11, 04:00 AM
STR 8
DEX 6
CON 3
INT 19
WIS 4
CHA 13

Thorak, the Hill Dwarf Wizard, is very frail but very smart for a Dwarf. Taking the Tough feat at 4th level is a must.

Delta
2018-04-11, 04:40 AM
STR 14
DEX 19
CON 11
INT 1
WIS 9
CHA 18

I... am somewhat at a loss of words about what to make of this. If INT and WIS were switched, I could imagine a very good looking, very clueless bard or something like that, I guess with that CHA, you can always make something work but I have no idea what INT 1 would actually look like on a character. "Braindead, yet very charismatic" just doesn't compute.

Spacehamster
2018-04-11, 05:17 AM
12/4/1(3)/6/18(19)/16

Rob the dead, anorectic thin as a skeleton Rob were born with 10 different illnesses but somehow survived, perhaps due to him being a hill dwarf, being very wise he understood that moon Druid were his calling, this letting him overcome his frail body.

Mortis_Elrod
2018-04-11, 07:51 AM
Str 5
Dex 2
Con 2
Int 19 + 1
Wis 20
Cha 15 + 1

Toughness. Variant human.

Jeebus. Hrm if he survived past lvl 1...

Benjamin mother was cursed with a terrible affliction whist she was pregnant with him. She died during his birth, and the father soon after was slain. Unbeknownst to the cause of his naturally sickly health, weak limbs and clumsiness, Benjamin travelled far and wide searching for a way to make his body stronger. When he was young he took up faith with the church of life, hoping in giving other good health the gods would in turn give him some.

When that did not give immediate gain he took on faith in Nature. If the gods would not change his form, the spirits would surely. And they did but he was only able to change to much stronger animals. He would always be a frail human under the moonlight.

After that he looked for answers in the alchemical sciences and wizardy, perhaps the he must go around nature to achieve his goal, and transmute his body. But even though his research looked promising, Benjamin soon realized that his work would not hold the fruit he needed.

But he learned of powerful entities who might be able to help him...for a price. But a price Ben would pay gladly. He was lead to a plane of dullness and stagnation where a Queen of Ravens ruled. He walked into her court, where she sat on the thrown waiting. In her hand she held a sword.

“Follow this Blade into the hearts of our enemies. Do this and I will mend your biken body. “

She held out the sword, a battered rusty thing hardly sharp enough to cut butter, and dropped it on the ground before Benjamin.

“All you need do is pick it up.”

He stared at it, he was never able to wield even the smallest of weapons effectively when in his clergyhood, hadn’t needed to as a Druid and had never done so in his years as a wizard and alchemist. Ben looked at his useless arms. Depression swiftly taking him. He reached down and tried lifting the sword, but it would not give from the ground. Breathless he let go of the hilt.

So close, I was so close.... every time so close...

He looked up to see the Raven Queen smiling, as if mocking his weakness.

Depression turned to Frustration and Frustration to Determination.

If he could just lift this sword everything will have been worth it. His hands grabbed the hilt and he lifted, battling the sword with both his body and his mind. He willed the sword from the ground, demanded it. He found a mind waiting in the sword but he swatted the entity down with the force of his soul. He would not take no for an answer, the sword Will do as he says.

And that was when Benjamin lifted the Blade from the throne room of the Raven Queen.

He found he was able, given time, command any weapon to hit its mark with his mind, no longer racing his body. Raven Queen taught him much. Though she was not able to give him a new body she told him magical secrets that would aid his quests.
All she asked in return was a few favors and to be discreet about it.

His body was slowly trained and when once he’d tired and exhausted he was no longer. He still needed rest but he was twice as strong as he’d ever been in his life before.

So Life cleric 1/Moon druid 2/Transmutation wizard 2/ Hexblade 15 Variant Human . In that order
Ending stats: 5/2/8/20/20/16.

CTurbo
2018-04-11, 05:08 PM
6 Str
20 Dex
17+1 Con
6 Int
7+1 Wis
20+2 Cha

Hmm....... Bella, the Half-Elf Bard, is possibly the most beautiful creature the world has ever seen, and some say her voice is magical, but she's dumber than a box of nails.

lol I'd love to play that character! Those are some outrageous stats in all the right places.

CTurbo
2018-04-11, 05:17 PM
Bella's over-protective big brother Bob looks after her since she has a history of making terrible decisions. Bob is a Half Elf Knowledge Cleric that dabbles in some powerful Abjuration magic in his spare time. It seems Bella got all of the looks in the family lol

7 Str
13+1 Dex
13+1 Con
18 Int
20 Wis
8+2 Cha

chainer1216
2018-04-11, 07:00 PM
STR: 11
DEX: 19
CON: 1 +2
INT: 9
WIS: 20 + 1 (but not really, stupid stat caps)
CHA: 5

With that con score and that wisdom its pretty clear that i need to play a druid, the twist is that i'm going to be a hill dwarf!

as a baby, Chugless Nobeard was abandoned by their family because he was so small and frail, completely lacking even a wisp of beard! he couldn't even handle a sip of the dwarves secret infant ales. the heart broken parents, figuring the child would die soon and being unable to bare watching it happen traveled to the forests and left the baby. luckyily for poor Chugless he was found by a kindly druid who used their magic to sustain the poor child, and then raise him in the forrest.

when chugless grew into an adult he leaves the forest to find his family, thus begins his (very careful) adventures!

CTurbo
2018-04-11, 07:46 PM
DEX: 19
CON: 1 +2
INT: 9
WIS: 20 + 1 (but not really, stupid stat caps)
CHA: 5

With that con score and that wisdom its pretty clear that i need to play a druid, the twist is that i'm going to be a hill dwarf!

as a baby, Chugless nobeard was abandoned by their family because he was so small and frail, completely lacking even a wisp of beard! he couldn't even handle a sip of the dwarves secret infant ales. the heart broken parents, figuring the child would die soon and being unable to bare watching it happen traveled to the forests and left the baby. luckyily for poor Chugless he was found by a kindly druid who used their magic to sustain the poor child, and then raise him in the forrest.

when chugless grew into an adult he leaves the forest to find his family, thus begins his (very careful) adventures!

lol Chugless Nobeard

aabicus
2018-04-11, 07:56 PM
Edit: apparently I don't know how to roll dice on this board. Post deleted

Dimers
2018-04-11, 09:58 PM
Can't roll in this subforum. I assume people are just rolling a physical die at home and reporting the results. It's not like anything is riding on it. :smallwink:

Str 4 + 1
Dex 20
Con 4
Int 6
Wis 14 + 2
Cha 19

Gityabba is incredibly tiny for a firbolg, standing a little more than four feet tall and weighing about as much as a plate of spaghetti. Dry spaghetti. Which is also a good analogy for her capacity for physical punishment. And yet she can still heft about as much as a normal human man ...

Firbolgs' magic disguises are especially good for making them seem smaller than they really are. In Gityabba's case, that means she can hide behind a houseplant, a halfling's nightstand, a riding boot, or in one especially amusing case, an ogre's club while the ogre was still holding it. Eventually her giggles gave her away and she had to scamper off, making fine use of her innate ability to turn invisible.

Gityabba lived a life of pranks growing up. More recently, she joined up with an adventuring party who help give her a little more focus and direction. So she's living a life of what would be horrible crime if greenskins had property rights or souls. Good thing they don't! What fun! :smallbiggrin:

Mad Max
2018-04-11, 11:12 PM
Strength 4, Dexterity 20, Constitution 20, Intelligence 3+1, Wisdom 14+1, Charisma 2 :smalleek:

I don't know what to tell you about this one.

Ok, let's give it a shot. A human monk, named Dandelion. 75 years old, he trained by himself his whole life to become the ultimate warrior, but neglected upper body workouts. Has an excellent core and powerful leg muscles, but no arm muscles. Has lived alone for so long that he cannot speak common, and he's gone completely bonkers.

Arkhios
2018-04-11, 11:51 PM

This calls for... Mountain Dwarf Eldritch Knight!

Str 4, Dex 3, Con 16, Int 17, Wis 3, Cha 8

Murrick was forced into fightering since his pop and all of his ancestors were fighters, ever since dwarves were just dwarves, which meant ... well ... a fighter.

He was never the strongest among his kin, and hoo boy was he oblivious about being bullied by his peers, elders, and even the younger ones. He was always thought to be a half-wit, but turns out he just didn't have as great grasp of common sense and intuition as others. Murrick was always interested in books, and ever since he found an old dusty book in an abandoned tower in a tight clutch of a ... likely human by the looks of it, he has been nose deep in the book.

Turns out that he learned a few spells from it, and to his peers' surprise, for the first time ever, Murrick was actually useful in fights!
He grew to be one of the best mages in his clan (which isn't saying much, as he was also the first one).

In his later years, after having worn a plate for centuries, his strength finally caught up with him enough so that he wasn't so clumsy with the armor, which made it easier for him to focus more on spellcasting and not so much on trying to stand straight. (all ASI goes into Str)

End result: Eldritch Knight 20
Str 18, Dex 3, Con 16, Int 17, Wis 3, Cha 8

Spacehamster
2018-04-12, 12:47 AM
1/20/1(3)4/20/5.

Scruffy MacPubebeard, probably the biggest disappointment to a pair of Dwarf parents ever, scruffy looked like a wee gnome baby when born (and pretty much still does). He picked the path of a shadow monk and even tho his strength and durability leaves a lot to wish for, his amazing reflexes and zen like calm in battle made it so he rarely got hit in battle!

ASI/feats:
4: +1 CON/CHA
8: Tough
12: +2 CON
16: +2 CON
19: +2 CON

End stats: 1/20/10/4/20/6

KorvinStarmast
2018-04-12, 10:53 AM
Edit: apparently I don't know how to roll dice on this board. Post deleted
Use anydice. (http://anydice.com/program/2f) Click on the word "roller" and then roll. Then copy and paste the results to your answer here.

Extrail
2018-04-12, 11:27 AM

So I'd go for a ranged rogue, because a simple breeze could kill me. Probably go with a Tabaxi to stay at ranged. Build him as the highly charismatic rogue he is, and go for the Mastermind archetype.

Hecuba
2018-04-12, 11:37 AM
When stats are so low you have to hand-wave race...

STR 11
DEX 5
CON 14
INT 18
WIS 1
CHA 4

This is obviously a highly-intelligent highly-literal robot that is just beginning to move beyond its programming and emerge into sentient. Perhaps a pre-warforged Cannith construct from Eberron.

It's got a nice casing for protection and can move around a but it is highly hampered the fact that it's ability to observe and manipulate its environment was limited by those components being designed for specific limited purposes.

STR 14
DEX 19
CON 11
INT 1
WIS 9
CHA 18

I... am somewhat at a loss of words about what to make of this. If INT and WIS were switched, I could imagine a very good looking, very clueless bard or something like that, I guess with that CHA, you can always make something work but I have no idea what INT 1 would actually look like on a character. "Braindead, yet very charismatic" just doesn't compute.

A newborn infant of a normally large race with humanoid like development? Babies start out very, very cute & very, very stupid. No reason that would not hold for giant babies...

Naanomi
2018-04-12, 11:39 AM
DEX: 5
CON: 17(+2)
INT: 5
WIS: 17 (+1)
CHA: 3

Clanless Yarli, Hill-Dwarf Nature Cleric was raised by squirrels after being lost as a child; and *will* thwack you with a shillelagh if you get too close

Edit: if you roll a 1 Int and play an Orc...

Thunderbird
2018-04-12, 11:59 AM
15, 1, 7 (9), 11, 19 (20), 16

A Hill Dwarf Forge Domain cleric, who frequently rolls negative numbers on initiative. :smalltongue:
The Stealth checks would also be hillarious.

Beelzebubba
2018-04-12, 01:04 PM
6, 7, 7, 11, 11, 20

Forest Gnome
Moon Druid

STR 7
DEX 7
CON 7
INT 13
WIS 20
CHA 11

Erky Fnipper is the tiniest of the tiny, weak and sickly, limbs gnarled like the roots of an ancient tree.
His vulnerability has shaped his character, all for the better. He is truly a kind and compassionate soul.
The forest Fey, in admiration, grant him release from his bodily prison, in the shape of the animals...

CTurbo
2018-04-12, 03:06 PM
Alright I got

10 Str
20 Dex
20 Con
14 Int
4 Wis
5 Cha

Not sure what to do with this one lol

Thaumic
2018-04-12, 03:07 PM
STR: 19
DEX: 11
CON: 19
INT: 6
WIS: 9
CHA: 4

...wow, that is almost literally a standard barbarian/fighter if I've ever seen one. A little low on the DEX, and the dump stats are truly awful, but honestly this is such a boring set of rolls that I'm going to try again.

STR: 20
DEX: 12
CON: 7
INT: 2
WIS: 9
CHA: 19

Okay, that's more interesting. I'm thinking a frail, hopelessly stupid dwarven paladin, but by the gods is he devoted. In fact, horrifyingly easy-to-manipulate-type devoted. Um, I may have created a musclebound cultist. But with that 19 CHA, you've gotta love him for it anyway!

EDIT: It occurs to me that an INT score of 2 is comparable to that of a squirrel. I'm... not sure what to do with that. Can a squirrel even understand religion well enough to be a paladin? I'll assume this character dies in his first fight, after forgetting that you have to actually hold a sword to hit people with it.

CTurbo
2018-04-12, 03:17 PM
Alright I got

10 Str
20 Dex
20 Con
14 Int
4 Wis
5 Cha

Not sure what to do with this one lol

Wait I got it!

he's a Dragonborn with no name that was raised in captivity by a Red Dragon. He eventually escapes using his stealth and self taught ability to pick a lock. Never experiencing contact from the outside world, he is smart, but ignorant, and does not know how to speak.

Dragonborn Thief

12 Str
20 Dex
20 Con
14 Int
4 Wis
6 Cha

mr-mercer
2018-04-12, 04:04 PM
These things are always fun, let's see how this goes.

Str: 18+2
Dex: 12
Con: 14+2
Int: 7
Wis: 5
Cha: 2

Well, I guess I'm not playing a caster. Awfully convenient that it prioritised the stats I care about the most, but I'm not going to be complaining about that any time soon.

Anyway, I think I'd make a mountain dwarf fighter with this: he comes from a noble family that was destroyed by some attacking force, with himself making it out alive but with a blow to the head causing some kind of brain damage which mostly affected his personality but had some small effect across the board on all of his mental stats. His strength and constitution come from training tirelessly in his single-minded devotion to avenge his house.

Kane0
2018-04-12, 04:43 PM
Str 6
Dex 18
Con 7 +1
Int 19 +2
Wis 3
Cha 3

Percy Thimbletoe, Gnomish Wizard. Poor guy doesn't get out much, so he's a little bit sickly and woefully socially inept, however to his credit he is an absolutely brilliant inventor and magical scholar. The trick to getting anything useful out of him is overcoming is incredible forgetfulness.

Angelalex242
2018-04-12, 05:15 PM
3, 19, 20, 20, 5, 15

Vhuman Wizard, I think.

+1 dex, +1 cha. (3, 20, 20, 20, 5, 16), spell sniper feat.

This wizard can barely lift his spellbook. He is otherwise a badass.

Built for adventuring in all respects but his ability to carry things and extreme foolishness, he is nonetheless one of the best adventuring companions a party could have, as long a they remember to ward him against mind control. He can't resist a pretty face, either...

The cleric of the party must always keep a protection from evil spell on him so he doesn't get mind controlled. Which tends to happen a LOT. Succubi, Dryads, beautiful women in general, they all have all too easy a time with this guy.

Beechgnome
2018-04-12, 05:30 PM
Str 17 +1
Dex 6
Con 15 +1
Int 2
Wis 2
Cha 13 +1

I see a Triton Paladunce in my future.

Let's just say long long ago what he thought was a sea sponge was really an Intellect Devourer. He should have spotted the feet, but he failed his perception check.

Baptor
2018-04-12, 09:47 PM
S 1, D 17, C 19, I 19, W 3, Ch 19

I am the pixie sorcerer Nubilec, roughly 6 inches tall. Incredibly quick, unusually hearty, a super genius who knows hundreds of spells from the lost feywild, and who everyone finds adorable, he is nevertheless terribly impulsive and foolhardy.

Nubilec has been known to fly straight into a dragon's mouth to study "the nature of its breath weapon - is it natural or magic?" and once went into a lich's lair to ask if he could borrow his spellbook, insisting that he did so "very politely."

SociopathFriend
2018-04-13, 01:00 AM
I'm guessing this is why most rolling methods involve multiple die to get one score instead of one due to get one score.
I used the Dungeons and Dragons Dice Roller.
20,19,20,6,4,11,+0

So
Str 20
Dex 19
Con 20
Int 6
Wis 4
Cha 11

I'm curious if any one stat on this thread will predominantly be lower than the others with this method.

That said, I'll roll up a Lizardfolk Barbarian with this in a heartbeat. Bring it on Chult- I've got Constitution for days! Just don't throw a single spellcaster at me (or even someone just clever with words) or else I might be pretty easily turned on the party.

jas61292
2018-04-13, 02:52 PM
16 Str
9 Dex
10 Con
18 Int
20 Wis
1 Cha

Hmm... not bad. The really high intelligence and wisdom make me thematically want to go Knowledge Cleric, but heavy armor would be very appreciated. I could certainly dip fighter at 1 for that, but it doesn't seem fitting for someone who neither wants to be in melee ever, nor is capable of using a bow competently. I'd probably end up going Deep Gnome and pure knowledge cleric, utilizing my capped intelligence both with skills, and by taking the Svirfneblin Magic feat asap. If I am truly so smart and wise, I should be able to avoid being targeted frequently. I'd hope.

Shining Wrath
2018-04-13, 04:19 PM
STR: 13 (+2)
DEX: 8
CON: 9 (+2)
INT: 8
WIS: 8
CHA: 8

Mountain Dwarf, heavy-armor fighter.

clash
2018-04-13, 04:24 PM
STR: 13 (+2)
DEX: 8
CON: 9 (+2)
INT: 8
WIS: 8
CHA: 8

Mountain Dwarf, heavy-armor fighter.

that's a lot of 8s

ErHo
2018-04-13, 04:26 PM
Str: 9
Dex: 20
Con: 10
Int:9
Wis: 15
Cha: 15

Well, I'd say Elf Bard

Gross! :smallbiggrin:

Slurm Browley
2018-04-14, 05:12 PM
Str: 3
Dex: 15-->17
Con: 3-->4
Int: 20
Wis: 2
Cha: 3

Billoof the stout halfling was always a sickly child with a thirst for knowledge. Months sick in bed gave him plenty of time to learn the magical arts and become a formidable apprentice wizard, albeit one with poor manners and no common sense.

Ejawesome
2018-04-14, 08:18 PM
Str- 5
Dex-7
Con-15
Int-7
Wis-13
Cha-9

Why, just why?

Farecry
2018-04-14, 09:45 PM
Half elf paladin of some sort

20(19+1)
18(17+1)
20(18+2)

This would be kinda fun to play, maybe...

CTurbo
2018-04-14, 10:32 PM
Half elf paladin of some sort

20(19+1)
18(17+1)
20(18+2)

This would be kinda fun to play, maybe...

This character is obviously blind. His extreme clumsiness, as well as his low intellect, is a direct result of his blindness.

Spacehamster
2018-04-15, 05:22 AM
Str- 5
Dex-7
Con-15
Int-7
Wis-13
Cha-9

Why, just why?

Functional wood elf moon Druid perhaps lol

Spacehamster
2018-04-15, 05:35 AM
This is fun let’s do another:

16+2
19+1

Dronk the drunk is a half orc fighter/cleric that were brought up by dwarves, he were so incredibly clumsy that they did not know if he were drunk all the time thus earning his nickname “the drunk”. He were very rude but that fitted right in with the gruff dorfs.

carrdrivesyou
2018-04-16, 07:52 AM
Well...here goes nothing...

18 + 2
5 + 1

So...

Meet Gruff, the Goliath Thieves' Guild bruiser. Utterly and painfully dumb, Gruff doesn't bother with speech. He follows orders like a trained dog, and uses a big stick to hit things with when told. He is so repulsive that his payment is being allowed to live. he won't snitch on anyone because he mentally cant make the connection. He is sickly from having been left out in the rain and cold all his life. He has somehow preserved his strength.

Arceus
2018-04-16, 07:59 AM
Well, this will be fun

I'm thinking either Variant Human or Half Elf Monk or Barbarian, because whop doesn't like 20 ac at level 1? Possibly a multiclass between the two. Maybe add paladin as well, for the lulz.

Though with those stats, I could make whatever I felt like