PDA

View Full Version : Mass Bestow Curse, Lesser Binding, Health, Panacea, Protection From Enchantments

rferries
2018-04-11, 07:17 PM
Bestow Curse, Mass
Necromancy [Curse]
Level: Cleric 8, Druid 8, Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S
Casting Time: One minute
Range: Long (400 ft. + 40 ft./level)
Area: All enemies within range
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

You call down a terrible curse upon the villagers for their transgressions against your deity, against Nature, or simply against yourself. From this time forward, they will be cursed with a terrible hunger and will rise as ghouls after death.

This spell functions as bestow curse, except as noted above and the curse may instead duplicate the effects of baleful polymorph, binding (slumber only), feeblemind, flesh to stone, or insanity. You may devise curses of similar power, but in any case all enemies are subjected to the same curse.

Binding, Lesser
Abjuration [Curse]
Level: Druid 6, Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: Reflex negates

Just as Nimue trapped her former mentor Merlin, or the fey imprisoned the wicked spirit Hexxus, so too do you trap your foe.

You conjure up a great tree, pillar of crystal, or similar structure to encase your target. A successful Reflex save allows the target to avoid the prison before it fully materialises. Even incorporeal and ethereal creatures can be trapped.

The target creature is helpless but conscious, and does not need to eat, breathe, or sleep. The target does not age physically (but may accrue mental aging bonuses during a prolonged imprisonment, at the DM's option).

Entrapped creatures may use telepathy, dream, nightmare, astral projection, or similar methods at their disposal to contact the outside world (at the DM's option).

The prison (in whatever form it takes) has hardness 20 and 10 hit points per caster level (maximum 200 hit points). Destroying it frees the target.

Health
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Cleric 3, Druid 3, Healing 3
Components: V, S, DF
Range: Touch
Target: Living creatures touched
Duration: 2 hours/level; see text
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

Your touch protects against venom and plague.

The target creatures become immune to poison and disease. Divide the duration evenly among all the creatures you touch. If they are already poisoned or diseased when targeted by this spell, they gain a +4 resistance bonus on subsequent saves against those conditions.

Panacea
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Cleric 5, Druid 6, Healing 5
Range: Touch
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (harmless)

Your touch cures all ills.

This spell functions as heal, save that it does not restore any hit points to the target. Additionally, it converts all ability drain into ability damage and all drained levels into negative levels (allowing the target another Fortitude save in 24 hours to remove them).

Protection From Enchantments
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Bard 2, Cleric 2, Druid 2, Paladin 2, Sor/Wiz 2
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: Up to four creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
Duration: 2 hours/level; see text

Your spell instantly breaks the vampire's power over your friends.

The target creatures gain a +4 resistance bonus on saves against mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects). If they are currently subject to any such effects, they gain a new saving throw (including the +4 bonus). Divide the duration evenly among all the target creatures.

nonsi
2018-04-12, 09:01 AM
Panacea already exists (Spell Compendium, p.152).
Either change the name or declare a fix.

khadgar567
2018-04-12, 09:34 AM
you know bestow curse means i can choose the curse instead of you must starve until you become ghouls. so any idea how i can curse whole village with mutant babies or good old lycanthropy were all village turns were Chihuahua on sun light.

Goaty14
2018-04-12, 12:44 PM
Funny how the description of bestow curse isn't an option for the spell.

rferries
2018-04-13, 10:09 AM
Panacea already exists (Spell Compendium, p.152).
Either change the name or declare a fix.

Oh damn... haha I actually chose the spell name before I wrote up the spell so I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I've just looked up the original panacea and they're basically identical, save that it restores some hp and doesn't touch negative levels or ability drain. I'd probably just ignore mine if you use the original.

you know bestow curse means i can choose the curse instead of you must starve until you become ghouls. so any idea how i can curse whole village with mutant babies or good old lycanthropy were all village turns were Chihuahua on sun light.

Yep, pretty much anything goes as long as it fits that power level.

Funny how the description of bestow curse isn't an option for the spell.

Yeah it was intended as an illustrative example of what you can do with the spell.

aimlessPolymath
2018-04-14, 03:56 PM
Hm....

Contingent Blessing/Curse
Universal
Level: Cleric 7, Druid 7, Sor/Wiz 7
Components: V, M, XP
Casting Time: Two rounds
Range: Short (25 ft + 5 ft/level)
Target: Living creature addressed
"And when the princess pricks her finger on the spinning wheel, she will DIE!"
As you cast this spell, you cast another spell on the targetted creature, announcing the nature of the spell as you do so. If the target fails a Will save, they gain a Contingent Spell (as the magic item), with parameters you choose. The casting time and costs of the chosen spell are added on to this one.

You may only cast Contingent Blessing/Curse once on any given creature.

Material Components: 100 gp * the spell level of the chosen spell * your caster level.
XP cost: 4 XP * the spell level of the chosen spell * your caster level.

Bloodline Blessing/Curse

This functions as Contingent Blessing/Curse, except that any children of the cursed creature are affected by an identical Bloodline Blessing/Curse. This spell counts against the one-person limit for Contingent Blessing/Curse.

rferries
2018-04-14, 09:08 PM
Hm....

Contingent Blessing/Curse
Universal
Level: Cleric 7, Druid 7, Sor/Wiz 7
Components: V, M, XP
Casting Time: Two rounds
Range: Short (25 ft + 5 ft/level)
Target: Living creature addressed
"And when the princess pricks her finger on the spinning wheel, she will DIE!"
As you cast this spell, you cast another spell on the targetted creature, announcing the nature of the spell as you do so. If the target fails a Will save, they gain a Contingent Spell (as the magic item), with parameters you choose. The casting time and costs of the chosen spell are added on to this one.

You may only cast Contingent Blessing/Curse once on any given creature.

Material Components: 100 gp * the spell level of the chosen spell * your caster level.
XP cost: 4 XP * the spell level of the chosen spell * your caster level.

Bloodline Blessing/Curse

This functions as Contingent Blessing/Curse, except that any children of the cursed creature are affected by an identical Bloodline Blessing/Curse. This spell counts against the one-person limit for Contingent Blessing/Curse.

Haha exactly! I recall there is dispute over Contingent Spells being broken so I might limit it to only harmful spells, but that's exactly the concept I like. Bravo! :)