PDA

View Full Version : Wall of force

Siah5
2018-04-12, 04:32 AM
Can wall of force cage a ancient dragon on ground thats garganshoin size srry if i spelled wrong. What i wonder is the spell mentions i can get 10. 10foot panels so can i make done bigger then 10foot radius or can i only do flat surface like maken walkway ect? Plz explain be very grateful 😁.

Jerrykhor
2018-04-12, 04:40 AM
I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

hymer
2018-04-12, 05:00 AM
Well, a gargantuan dragon is 20' by 20'. To make a fence 10' high all around it, you would need to use 8 of your 10 panels (two north of it, two south of it, two east of it, and two west of it). If you leave out a single panel, the dragon can't squeeze out of that area, but any more and your fence isn't safe.
The problem is, it is now only 10' high, not hindering the dragon by much. And you only have two or three panels to make it higher with, so at least one side of the four will have a free exit. And the dragon could still just fly straight up and away.
So the answer is, as said above, no.

As for doing a combination of free panels and the 10' radius sphere, the spell does not allow that.

Asmotherion
2018-04-12, 05:43 AM
You can try to handcuff it's neck with adgestant panells, especially if it just used it's bite attack (realistically being close to the ground). There is no RAW about it, but I'd go for a Reflex save.

If you manage to put the wall right behind the horns and firmly to the ground, it's like a graple.

He will be a lot easyer to fight if he can't use his Breath Weapon or Bite. That said, a Dragon is still a Dragon, so don't underestimate.

MrStabby
2018-04-12, 06:44 AM
Without book at the moment so can't check the exact rules but I think you might be able to manage it. How small a gap can the Dragon fit through?

There are enough panel to make a structure with no 20ft by 20ft holes in whilst being contiguous.

PhoenixPhyre
2018-04-12, 08:03 AM
Without book at the moment so can't check the exact rules but I think you might be able to manage it. How small a gap can the Dragon fit through?

There are enough panel to make a structure with no 20ft by 20ft holes in whilst being contiguous.

A creature can generally squeeze through a space one size smaller. So a 15' space for a gargantuan creature.

MrStabby
2018-04-12, 08:39 AM
A creature can generally squeeze through a space one size smaller. So a 15' space for a gargantuan creature.

Yeah, as long as they can't fit through a 10 by 20 space this should be fine.