PDA

View Full Version : The Green Ninja is...(SoD Spoilers)

SpeakerftDead
2007-09-02, 01:02 AM
Redcloak's niece.

Discuss.

factotum
2007-09-02, 01:08 AM
Er...wasn't this already discussed to death in the thread for the current comic? The general conclusion is that the green ninja isn't a goblin because she doesn't have the yellow eyes all goblins have in OotS-world--she has black dots for eyes, which makes her more like Thog (a half-orc).

Icewalker
2007-09-02, 03:25 AM
Actually, somebody else has even started a thread speculating this.

A cool idea, and she is definitely going to show up, but no. Definitely orc, not goblin. Skin color and eyes are both orc. Half-orc, I suppose.

boomwolf
2007-09-02, 04:32 AM
thug's girlfriend.

NerfTW
2007-09-02, 08:37 AM
I thought so too, but as pointed out in the thread I started, she doesn't have yellow eyes, the right color skin, or possibly the right color hair. (The hair in SoD seems to be a lighter color, even though it's in greyscale)

Shatteredtower
2007-09-02, 11:00 AM
Actually, the truth of the matter is far more complex than anyone realizes.

She's really Haley's long-lost little sister. The half-orc look? Just part of the disguise. She is a ninja, after all. :smallwink:

EvilElitest
2007-09-02, 07:05 PM
thug's girlfriend.

who is thug?
Anyways, their are plenty of green races that exist, even a book called that

from,
EE

monty
2007-09-02, 07:39 PM
thug's girlfriend.

Since when does Thog have a girlfriend?

:thog: "ewww! thog thinks pretty girls are icky!"

I really can't see him getting a girlfriend under those circumstances.

wojonatior
2007-09-02, 08:05 PM
how would you know if thog considers her icky he said pretty girls are icky

FujinAkari
2007-09-03, 01:16 AM
This is pretty well impossible.

Namely, if any character from a Prequel Book ever DOES appear in the main strip, there will be a lot of exposition about it. The Giant intentionally designs the strip around those who never buy the prequel books, and therefore won't drop meaningful tie-ins to the prequel book unless he also explains those tie-ins.

factotum
2007-09-03, 02:02 AM
I'd have to disagree there. No explanation would be required other than her meeting Redcloak and saying, "Uncle! What are you doing here?"

However, if that ever happens, it won't be with the ninja on the boat, for the aforementioned reasons.

Lissou
2007-09-03, 02:10 AM
I'd have to disagree there. No explanation would be required other than her meeting Redcloak and saying, "Uncle! What are you doing here?"

However, if that ever happens, it won't be with the ninja on the boat, for the aforementioned reasons.

Seconded. No explanation was given when Redcloak and Miko met and the whole dialog is pretty much explained only by reading SoD. But it's not impossible to understand without reading it, so it's okay.
Some people might talk about Deus ex Machina, they seem to like using that term around here, but I think if she is introduced, even if it's not sudden (it doesn't have to be) the explanation will be down to a minimum. There is no need to repeat what's in the prequel book.
Also, that's not herfor all previous reasons, unless she turned into a half-orc or something.

chriky
2007-09-03, 05:52 AM
surely if his neice was brought up by humans maybe dhe began to look like them so her skin will become less green and her eyeswill become blacker

but it is very similar to a half-orc so i'm not sure. maybe it's a half-goblin if they exist

kpenguin
2007-09-03, 06:25 AM
Does anyone think it's just a human who got crazy with the face paints? No? Maybe a half-orc then.

Anyway, goblin green is a different tone than green of her skin.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-09-03, 06:33 AM
Anyway, goblin green is a different tone than green of her skin.

Not nessecarily. All the goblins we've seen have either been inside a castle for several months/years (i forget which) and Redcloaks not going to change physically due to the cloak. So why can't we assume shes got a tan and is wearing coloured contact lenses.

factotum
2007-09-03, 07:09 AM
We don't assume that because that's essentially inventing evidence to suit a pre-held belief. She doesn't look like any other goblin we've ever seen in the strip, so by far the most logical assumption is that she is NOT a goblin.

wojonatior
2007-09-03, 07:35 AM
but if she was really a goblin it wouldnt happen beacuse rick would have to explain all of it.

Kobold
2007-09-03, 03:19 PM
:smallwink:
thug's girlfriend.

What in heaven's name is "thug?"

Whatever it is, I think it scares me.

I think it's Thog's mom! :smallwink:

TheAlmightyOne
2007-09-04, 05:15 PM
but if she was really a goblin it wouldnt happen beacuse rick would have to explain all of it.

His name is Rich not Rick. Not normally an issue but I had an hour long argement with my mate the other day about it. He didnt beleive me when I showed him the 'by Rich Burlow' on the cover of SoD and OtOoPCs so I'm kinda still in that mode

Charity322
2007-09-04, 07:46 PM
His name is Rich not Rick. Not normally an issue but I had an hour long argument with my mate the other day about it. He didnt believe me when I showed him the 'by Rich Burlow' on the cover of SoD and OtOoPCs so I'm kinda still in that mode

Burlew. :smallyuk:

wojonatior
2007-09-04, 08:19 PM
rich sorry. i know it was rich it was just typo

Nightgaunt
2007-09-04, 08:25 PM
Burlew. :smallyuk:

Brilliant! A point, counter-point, point.

Yes, I also wanted to think the green ninja bit and brought it up in the main thread. But as is clear now, all the evidence we have suggests that is not the case. You could make up a fantastical argument to support the belief that it is the niece, but it is awfully improbable.

That being said I wouldn't put it past Rick Burlow to make it Thug's girlfriend.:smallcool:

factotum
2007-09-05, 01:59 AM
That being said I wouldn't put it past Rick Burlow to make it Thug's girlfriend.:smallcool:

Good thing this Rick Burlow fella isn't the one drawing the comic, then, really. :smallbiggrin:

Nightgaunt
2007-09-05, 06:55 AM
The problem with the internet is you can never tell if someone is telling a joke, or if someone else is in on the joke, or if someone else has gotten the joke...

stupid internet

explanetpluto
2007-09-05, 08:25 AM
What if Redcloak's niece, who may have been raised by humans, married a human and had a little half goblin? I wouldn't put it past Rich to homebrew that.

Querzis
2007-09-05, 09:17 AM
What if Redcloak's niece, who may have been raised by humans, married a human and had a little half goblin? I wouldn't put it past Rich to homebrew that.

If Redcloak niece had a child, that child woudnt be old enough to be a ninjamaster. The ninja got the same skin color and eyes color has all the half-orc we saw until now in the comic so its an half-orc.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-09-05, 09:57 AM
On the Origins of PCs Spoiler:

It's not Crystal, the assassin of the guild (she was human), but what about the guildmaster? I forget his name, but he was half-orcish. He MIGHT be tied into the half-orc ninja, and Haley's original Thieves' Guild.

Meh... Just a thought.

chriky
2007-09-08, 05:30 AM
I like the idea about her being related to the leader of the thieves guild.

but i doubt it could be his daughter or wife because he didn't seem a family sort of guy and theres not much point of having her has a neice because it would just get to confusing.so the only option is a sister but how many people meet their bosses sister

So i still think its redcloaks neice i'm just not exactly sure how

Ronsian
2007-09-08, 10:07 AM
It's thog's twin sister who is a tactical genius and hit him while he was a child, so that's why he's dumb and afraid of girls. How could nobody else see this? Also, they had a puppy. Thog likes puppys.