PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Swallow Whole Feats

artimus261
2018-04-13, 02:16 PM
Hello all. These are two homebrew feats my DM allowed me to have with my toothy Half-orc Abyssal-bloodrager

As for the swallow whole damage he has allowed me to deal 1d6/2 Con MOD PLUS Con Mod

So just a small example, creature's in my large-sized 22 Con(18 + 4 from bloodrage) Orc woman's stomach take 3d6+6 each round. It's served as a decent rule of thumb since there are no base rules for determining the stomach damage dealt by a creature who GAINS swallow whole all by themselves.

P.S. in case people are wondering where swallow whole came from I picked up Racial Heritage(ogre) since Half-Orcs are already treated as human this feat is open to them. Now by having the ogre subtype I can get Gluttonous Gobbler. (my dm let it slide since I not only have enlarge person as a spell but also automatically become large when i blood rage thanks to my abyssal bloodline)

ANYWAYS, the two feats that i've made and been allowed to use:

Armored Organs
Prerequisite: Swallow Whole, Con 19+, damage reduction
Benefit: Your stomach gains an amount of damage reduction equal to 1/2 the damage reduction you possess. This damage reduction is ignored the same way as your base damage reduction.
Additionally your stomach's AC is treated as being an amount higher equal to this damage reduction when a creature is attempting to confirm a critical hit.
Any temporary damage reduction a creature may gain grants no benefit to it's internal systems.

Crushing Abdominals
Prerequisite: Str 18+, Swallow Whole, Large
Benefit: You can now attempt a grapple check against a creature in your stomach to deal your unarmed damage to it as a standard action as normal. The creature in your stomach is still allowed a grapple check to attempt to prevent the bludgeoning damage inflicted by your clenching muscles.

Also a Ruling we came up with for the ability to digest bodies in combat and continue to swallow other creatures was basically once the corpse reaches an amount of negative hit points equal to the creatures original hit point total it's completely digested and the stomach is now 'empty' for the purpose of swallowing a new creature

rferries
2018-04-13, 06:49 PM
Ha! I love it.

To streamline things further:

Swallow Whole
You can devour your foes whole.

Prerequisites
Improved Grab, bite natural weapon.

Benefits
If you start your turn with an opponent held in your mouth (see Improved Grab), you can attempt a new grapple check (as though attempting to pin the opponent). If you succeed, you swallow your prey, and the opponent takes bite damage.

You may swallow one opponent at least one size category smaller than yourself, two creatures at least two size categories smaller than yourself, four creatures at least three size categories smaller than yourself, and so forth. You may swallow valid combinations of creatures e.g. one creature two sizes smaller than yourself and two creatures three size categories smaller than yourself.

A swallowed creature is considered to be grappled, but you are not.

A swallowed creature can try to cut its way free with any light slashing or piercing weapon by dealing damage equal to your Constitution score, or it can just try to escape the grapple. The Armor Class of your interior is 10 + ½ your natural armor bonus (if any). If the creature cuts its way out, you take no damage and muscular action closes the hole. If the swallowed creature escapes the grapple, success puts it back in your mouth, where it may be bitten or swallowed again.

For each round that a creature that does not escape your stomach, it takes bludgeoning damage equal to your bite damage plus acid damage equal to your Constitution modifier.