PDA

View Full Version : Half dwarf gensai

Dankus Memakus
2018-04-13, 03:13 PM
So disclaimer, I don't intend to play this character this is more of a lore question. What would be the most common type of gensai/dwarf? Earth, Fire, Water, or Air? My first instinct is fire or earth but Efreeti and Dao are evil and I'm not sure if a dwarf would mix well with that. Then again the other options are Djinn which are good but chaotic, and Marids are just Chaotic so I dunno what fits best with dwarf.

Naanomi
2018-04-13, 03:18 PM
There are Dwarves that live on the Elemental plane of Earth... so that seems to be the most natural fit

Dankus Memakus
2018-04-13, 04:37 PM
There are Dwarves that live on the Elemental plane of Earth... so that seems to be the most natural fit

Interesting... my immediate thought of elemental dwarves is the azer so plane of fire is what I assumed

ZenBear
2018-04-13, 04:41 PM
Definitely earth, they are the miners born from stone after all. Fire is not a bad fit though, as you said the Azer are very dwarvish. I would say half dwarf/half earth genasi/half fire genasi. Like ManBearPig. Magma Man!

Dankus Memakus
2018-04-13, 07:33 PM
Definitely earth, they are the miners born from stone after all. Fire is not a bad fit though, as you said the Azer are very dwarvish. I would say half dwarf/half earth genasi/half fire genasi. Like ManBearPig. Magma Man!

I believe you meant magma dwarf...

Unoriginal
2018-04-14, 01:50 AM
Azers may look like Dwarves, but they're not related.

That being said, I think the answer to you question depends of where you talk about. Most common in the Material Plane? In the Elemental ones?

I would say that overall, there will be more Dwarves visiting the Plane of Earth, be it only for business, so they're more likely to have contact with people from this plane than, say, the Water plane. And that's not counting the unwilling ones: a Dao would certainly be interested in acquiring Dwarf slaves and make them produce works of wonders (or just want strudy peôple who know rocks to work in the mines).

Dankus Memakus
2018-04-14, 08:45 AM
Azers may look like Dwarves, but they're not related.

That being said, I think the answer to you question depends of where you talk about. Most common in the Material Plane? In the Elemental ones?

I would say that overall, there will be more Dwarves visiting the Plane of Earth, be it only for business, so they're more likely to have contact with people from this plane than, say, the Water plane. And that's not counting the unwilling ones: a Dao would certainly be interested in acquiring Dwarf slaves and make them produce works of wonders (or just want strudy peôple who know rocks to work in the mines).

I thought azers used to be dwarves before enslaved by fire giants or efreet or something.

Naanomi
2018-04-14, 09:45 AM
I thought azers used to be dwarves before enslaved by fire giants or efreet or something.
They have had different backstories in different editions, but currently they are all constructed Elemental

Dankus Memakus
2018-04-14, 11:03 AM
They have had different backstories in different editions, but currently they are all constructed Elemental

....i feel like my fire dwarves have been stolen then.

Temperjoke
2018-04-14, 06:32 PM
A genasi doesn't have to be born from a genie/mortal mix:

Occasionally, genasi result from exposure to a surge
of elemental power, through phenomena such as an
eruption from the Inner Planes or a planar convergence.
Elemental energy saturates any creatures in the area
and might alter their nature enough that their offspring
with other mortals are born as genasi.

So your dwarf could have been exposed to such energies, or his parents were. Maybe they were adventurers who conceived him while on the elemental plane of your choice?