PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new 13+ module

jmax
2018-04-13, 06:44 PM
We just finished Red Hand of Doom and are looking for a new module of similar quality. We have (effectively) 5 PCs halfway betweeen 12th and 13th level. Each PC is well optimized within the constraints of the what their players wanted, and we have access to just about all WotC-official 3.5 and Pathfinder material. Overall, the party is fairly potent.

A module starting at level 13 or 14 is probably fine (and we may even calculate XP as though 1 CR lower to keep from "catching up" so we can maintain difficulty). We're looking for something with plenty of story - Red Hand of Doom had a pretty good balance there, so that's a fine benchmark. We specifically do not want a giant dungeon delve. Something already in 3.5 is ideal, but for a better module I'm happy to convert from Pathfinder.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that we're set in Forgotten Realms. Photoshopping one or two places onto the map isn't a big deal, but anything truly tied to a different setting will be difficult. On the other hand, something Realms-specific with a solid story and some good combats would be excellent because it would make it much easier to weave in other plots.

Zombulian
2018-04-13, 06:49 PM
We just finished Red Hand of Doom and are looking for a new module of similar quality. We have (effectively) 5 PCs halfway betweeen 12th and 13th level. Each PC is well optimized within the constraints of the what their players wanted, and we have access to just about all WotC-official 3.5 and Pathfinder material. Overall, the party is fairly potent.

A module starting at level 13 or 14 is probably fine (and we may even calculate XP as though 1 CR lower to keep from "catching up" so we can maintain difficulty). We're looking for something with plenty of story - Red Hand of Doom had a pretty good balance there, so that's a fine benchmark. We specifically do not want a giant dungeon delve. Something already in 3.5 is ideal, but for a better module I'm happy to convert from Pathfinder.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I think you could use Savage Tides. I think there are several entry points throughout that module.

jmax
2018-04-13, 07:14 PM
Hmm, that looks interesting. Not sure if we're at a good entry point at the moment - the Wikipedia page suggests that the 13-15 part is in the middle of a sub-plot (or at least picking up from early game). But that definitely looks interesting! If we don't use it for this, I might try it for its own thing sometime.

The 17+ part looks like it could be an amazing late-game though. 15-17 might also be viable.

Thanks!

Mike Miller
2018-04-13, 08:11 PM
I haven't run it, but Anauroch the Empire of Shade is Forgotten Realms and is roughly levels 13-17. It is the 3rd book in a 3 part series, but I don't think they HAVE to be used together. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on it can shed some light.

jmax
2018-04-14, 07:31 AM
I haven't run it, but Anauroch the Empire of Shade is Forgotten Realms and is roughly levels 13-17. It is the 3rd book in a 3 part series, but I don't think they HAVE to be used together. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on it can shed some light.

Hmm. That looks potentially interesting. I'm concerned about the bit that references "without the comfort of the Weave" - if that means a large period without functional magic, about half the party becomes useless. But I'll definitely look into it further.

Any other suggestions? Solid, setting-neutral Pathfinder material perhaps?