PDA

View Full Version : Is there something similar to this for 3.5e?

Uncle Pine
2018-04-14, 07:28 AM
The Homebrewery (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/) over at naturalcrit.com is a pretty nifty tools that allows you to write stuff that looks the same as an official 5e book. Is there something like this out there that does the same for 3.5e?

Before someone freaks out, the linked site is legal and doesn't break any copyright law. :smallwink:

Zaq
2018-04-14, 10:58 AM
So you’re basically looking for something that automatically formats text to look similar to how WotC formatted their 3.5 material?

I’m not familiar with anything like that, but it theoretically wouldn’t be impossible to design if you had access to sufficiently similar fonts and such. WotC did mostly adhere to an internal style guide that wouldn’t be prohibitively difficult to reverse-engineer if one had the desire to do so.

jmax
2018-04-14, 09:32 PM
That's really neat! Thanks for sharing. Even if it's only 5E formatting, that will make for great notes and player hand-outs. I could even see putting all the campaign notes in that at the end of the session for fancy reference later.

Uncle Pine
2018-04-15, 02:22 AM
So you’re basically looking for something that automatically formats text to look similar to how WotC formatted their 3.5 material?

I’m not familiar with anything like that, but it theoretically wouldn’t be impossible to design if you had access to sufficiently similar fonts and such. WotC did mostly adhere to an internal style guide that wouldn’t be prohibitively difficult to reverse-engineer if one had the desire to do so.

To be honest, just knowing if I can find the 3.5e fonts somewhere would be huge. I know enough about Word to import a font, but not enough to actually create one myself.

That's really neat! Thanks for sharing. Even if it's only 5E formatting, that will make for great notes and player hand-outs. I could even see putting all the campaign notes in that at the end of the session for fancy reference later.

I'm glad you liked it! Regardless of the edition you're playing in it's definitely handy for keeping notes in order.