PDA

View Full Version : To much cheese of can we go cheesier

Hunterx
2018-04-14, 03:59 PM
Ok so the idea is a lot of attacks with a bow at level 5 no magic items, and providing some ok damage.

So we are as follows for class.
2 Paladin, 2 Ranger 1 Barbarian whirling frenzy ACF. Or 2 paladin 2 fighter targeteer ACF , 1 barbarian.whirlibg frenzy

The first one with rapid shot and Xeph clarity gives 5 attacks all at highest attack and an -4 to attacks.

The second gets the same.

Remember these are only level 5 the question I have is this does Targeteer arrow swarm work with rapid shot and if I was to go many shot and improved many shot do all arrows get my smite damage.

DeTess
2018-04-14, 04:51 PM
Remember these are only level 5 the question I have is this does Targeteer arrow swarm work with rapid shot and if I was to go many shot and improved many shot do all arrows get my smite damage.

Targeteer Arrow swarm states that it only works with a full round action, so it won't work with the many shot family of feats unless you can find a way to make those full round actions. It'll combo just fine with rapid shot though.

For this 'as many arrows as possible' build, I assume you need it to be working at level 5 already? I remember one build form a while back that could shoot a truly obscene amount of arrows, but it didn't really come online until level 10 (you can get 4 shots at level 5, but no ranged smite).

If you're interested, this build would be something along the lines of soul-knife 2/X 3/Soulbow 2/Kensai 3, where X is something with full BaB (targeteer fighter would work). You designate the 'mind arrow' weapon from soulbow as the signature weapon of the kensai, and then apply the 'splitting' enhancement to it, doubling the amount of arrows you can fire. Adding the Zen archery feat and a bunch of other dips in various classes (swordsage, Shiba protector) would make you incredibly SAD in Wisdom (you add Wisdom to your damage and AC, as well as twice to your to-hit rolls).

Hunterx
2018-04-14, 05:39 PM
Targeteer Arrow swarm states that it only works with a full round action, so it won't work with the many shot family of feats unless you can find a way to make those full round actions. It'll combo just fine with rapid shot though.

For this 'as many arrows as possible' build, I assume you need it to be working at level 5 already? I remember one build form a while back that could shoot a truly obscene amount of arrows, but it didn't really come online until level 10 (you can get 4 shots at level 5, but no ranged smite).

If you're interested, this build would be something along the lines of soul-knife 2/X 3/Soulbow 2/Kensai 3, where X is something with full BaB (targeteer fighter would work). You designate the 'mind arrow' weapon from soulbow as the signature weapon of the kensai, and then apply the 'splitting' enhancement to it, doubling the amount of arrows you can fire. Adding the Zen archery feat and a bunch of other dips in various classes (swordsage, Shiba protector) would make you incredibly SAD in Wisdom (you add Wisdom to your damage and AC, as well as twice to your to-hit rolls).

Rapidshot, clarity, whirling frenzy, and arrow storm all work during a full round action. So the 5 attacks are good to go that much I know. It is the improved manyshot and ranged smite I need to know if they match up and if all the arrow so ete this end damage

Kelb_Panthera
2018-04-14, 07:24 PM
Rapidshot, clarity, whirling frenzy, and arrow storm all work during a full round action. So the 5 attacks are good to go that much I know. It is the improved manyshot and ranged smite I need to know if they match up and if all the arrow so ete this end damage

Since they're all individual attacks, you can only make one of them a ranged smite. The manyshot feats all require a standard action but with regular manyshot (not greater) you can offset the penalty for the attack roll with the bonus from ranged smite, though only the first of those arrows will get the bonus damage from ranged smite.

How are you getting paladin and barbarian on the same character?

Hunterx
2018-04-14, 09:15 PM
Since they're all individual attacks, you can only make one of them a ranged smite. The manyshot feats all require a standard action but with regular manyshot (not greater) you can offset the penalty for the attack roll with the bonus from ranged smite, though only the first of those arrows will get the bonus damage from ranged smite.

How are you getting paladin and barbarian on the same character?

Paladin of Freedom is Chaotic good

Now greater manyshot says that any precise damage ie smite damage is applied to all arrow. So would it not be applied to a greater many shot.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-04-14, 09:27 PM
Paladin of Freedom is Chaotic good

Now greater manyshot says that any precise damage ie smite damage is applied to all arrow. So would it not be applied to a greater many shot.

Smite isn't precision damage. If it was, you couldn't use it on, for example, undead. It's a single attack rider effect. When you're making an attack, before the roll, you can declare it to be a smite attempt. When you do, you add charisma to that single attack roll, and then add your paladin level to the damage from that single attack if it hits. Since manyshot is a single attack, you can apply the smite to it. Since greater manyshot is several attacks, you can only apply the smite to one of them.

Hunterx
2018-04-14, 09:33 PM
Smite isn't precision damage. If it was, you couldn't use it on, for example, undead. It's a single attack rider effect. When you're making an attack, before the roll, you can declare it to be a smite attempt. When you do, you add charisma to that single attack roll, and then add your paladin level to the damage from that single attack if it hits. Since manyshot is a single attack, you can apply the smite to it. Since greater manyshot is several attacks, you can only apply the smite to one of them.

So with many shot all arrows would get the smite damage then?

Kelb_Panthera
2018-04-14, 10:18 PM
So with many shot all arrows would get the smite damage then?

No, just the one. One attack; one smite. You could maybe justify getting double smite damage off of a splitting bow but even that's dodgy.

Hunterx
2018-04-15, 08:42 AM
No, just the one. One attack; one smite. You could maybe justify getting double smite damage off of a splitting bow but even that's dodgy.

Many shot is one attack, one attack with lots of arrow.

DeTess
2018-04-15, 02:33 PM
Many shot is one attack, one attack with lots of arrow.

Smite evil refers to a Normal melee attack. The feat for ranged smite doesn't specify that it has to be a normal ranged attack, but instead specifies a singular 'missile'. Manyshot also specifies that a lot of special abilities (precision damage, crits) only apply to one attack. Overall I'd say this is probably 'ask your DM' territory, but the rules seem to suggest that Smite would only apply to one attack.