PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Obscure Paladin Healer Thread/Strategy?

INoKnowNames
2018-04-15, 07:09 AM
I was looking for a piece of information I fear may have been lost to time. I believe it was a full 1-20 Paladin, who combined either a Feat or a Magic Item to convert Lay on Hands to Ability Damage Healed, and then used the Stigmata feat to be able to heal -way- more damage than a Paladin could ever be typically expected to do so. There was also something in there about using its normally subpart Turn Undead to similarly powerful effect.

For the life of me, I can't find the thread now, and I wonder if anyone else ever remembers seeing it or not...

DrMartin
2018-04-15, 07:27 AM
is this it?

X-codes optimized healing based Paladin (post #10) (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1189481#338083454)

Well, lets see what I can do if I hammer all this together.

Lesser Aasimar Paladin 20 (Yeah yeah, Gray Guard... not interested... yet)
32 PB: 14 Str, 8 Dex, 14 Con, 10 Int, 10 (+2 = 12) Wis, 18 (+2 = 20) Cha
Flaws: Shaky, Inattentive
Feats:
1) Power Attack, Hands of a Healer, Nimbus of Light
3) True Believer
6) Battle Blessing
9) Sacred Healing
12) Stigmata
15) Divine Might
18) Extra Turning

*St. Cuthbert has good relics, and this will let me use them.

Healing Methods:
Lay On Hands-
Charisma 42 (+16) (20 base + 5 level + 5 inherent + 6 enhancement + 2 Hands of a Healer + 4 Unicorn Pendant)
16 * 20 = 320 HP of healing, or...
320 / 5 = 64 points of ability damage recovery, typically used for Stigmata.

Spirit of Healing-
Primary means of in-combat healing if seriously needed. Heals 640 HP.

Stigmata-
Constitution 25 (14 base + 6 enhancement + 5 inherent)
Assume 4 other party members. Constitution can be burned 8 points at a time to heal each of them for 4 HP per level. If they're at 20th level, thats 320 HP per use. This can be done up to 3 times per hour and 8 times per day, for up to 960 HP of healing each hour and 2560 HP of healing each day.

Sacred Healing-
Charisma 36 (+13)
24 uses of Turn Undead each day
Each use lasts 14 rounds for each of the 5 party members, healing 3 HP per round. Thats 210 HP healed per use. With 24 uses per day, thats 5040 HP healed per day. If you manage to also apply that one item from MIC to the Unicorn Pendant thats an extra 420, but thats likely not worth as much as the hassling with the DM over it would cost you.

Spirit of the Fallen-
Lasts 20 rounds and gives each party member Fast Healing 10, for 1000 HP healed over the duration. Can also give more healing if any fall below 0 HP while it's summoned.

In total, thats 9240 HP healed per day without a single spell being cast, and furthermore the spells are available to counteract every condition that allows a saving throw and a wide variety of others that do not. Also, as the party grows larger in size the amount of healing dispensed likewise gets stupidly high.

(Assuming a party of 9 characters, your Stigmata (16 Con Burn) heals 1280 HP and can be done 4 times a day for "free," healing a total of 5120 HP. Then Sacred Healing heals 378 HP per use and 9072 HP per day. Then Spirit of the Fallen goes up to 1800, for a total of 15992 HP of healing per day.)

INoKnowNames
2018-04-15, 12:22 PM
That is absolutely it and I thank you very much that I now have this thread to my history. One more excellent piece of information from the disappeared board that will never go away.