PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] Creating a 'Focused' Hexblade / Bladelock

Edgerunner
2018-04-15, 05:22 PM
LvL 13 is possible so lets build to about there. I just don't want to mess up my 1st time into the Warlock class and don't want to have to constantly micro-manage the build/progression.

The parameters are:

No Multi-Classing
We stick with the Pact / Patron. No Switching
I just want the Invocations to take care of themselves.
I just want to decide When / How my spell slots are spent.
I want to play in Melee / right behind the Front Liners

Str; 13, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 14, Chr 19, Half Elf Noble, Breastplate, Shield, 3rd LvL Hexblade BladePact.

What I was thinking might work well;
Polearm Master, Improved Pact Weapon for +1 Hit/Damage, Hex and Hex Curse for the + damage, Thirsting Blade for 2x attacks and start Crit fishing with the 19/20 so I can tack on the Eldritch Smites.
General idea is to hit as much as possible so more chances to Crit but with solid add on damage.

KnotaGuru
2018-04-15, 07:26 PM
Looks good. Add great weapon master for more damage, elven accuracy to max CHA and increase chance for crits, sentinel to keep enemies locked down. Shadows of moil for advantage to attacks. Hypnotic pattern for area control. Armor of Agathys to increase durability. Cone of cold for AoE damage. Invisibility, counterspell, fly for more utility.

Edgerunner
2018-04-15, 07:52 PM
elven accuracy to max CHA and increase chance for crits, Shadows of moil for advantage to attacks.

I Like those. Advantage gets me more rolls would work Great