PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Mountception Parties

Kaliayev
2018-04-16, 06:25 AM
In this thread, come up with a mountception/pimp my mount party. Create a party, without class or race overlap or level restrictions, in which each member can mount another member from tiny up to gargantuan, and try to minimize the risk of this jenga tower falling. I'll start with a "simple" example that isn't trying too hard to prevent collapse. A goblin sorceror casts reduce on itself to ride on the shoulders of a halfling wizard. The halfling wizard rides on the shoulders of a human barbarian. The human barbarian rides on the shoulders of a goliath fighter, who has been enlarged by the halfling wizard. The goliath fighter rides on the shoulders of a giant form elven mystic. The elven mystic conventionally mounts a gnome druid who has shapechanged into an ancient brass dragon. Everyone, except for the gnome druid, takes the mounted combatant feat. Hopefully, the dragon doesn't try to fly under any low clearance sky bridges.

p.s. If you don't think this is possible, I refer you to this silly product (https://saddlebaby.com/). Surely, the guilds of Faerun can come up with something better!

MagneticKitty
2018-04-16, 06:25 PM
You mean polymorph? Druids can only change to beasts and elementals

Kaliayev
2018-04-16, 06:30 PM
You mean polymorph? Druids can only change to beasts and elementals

Like wizards, druids have access to the ninth level spell: shapechange (http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Shapechange). Bards could also pick up shapechange with magical secrets at level 18.

MagneticKitty
2018-04-16, 06:33 PM
Well diminution mystics have a tiny form that can squeeze through a 1 inch gap.. maybe I'd rule that as fitting on the top? Or.. you can go Goliath barbarian ability that doubles carry with the feat that doubles carrying capacity.. 24 str * like 60 carry capacity for the bottom... Just pick lighter races for the rest kenku and kobolds

And top with a druid shapechanged into an ant

Kaliayev
2018-04-16, 06:45 PM
Well diminution mystics have a tiny form that can squeeze through a 1 inch gap.. maybe I'd rule that as fitting on the top? Or.. you can go Goliath barbarian ability that doubles carry with the feat that doubles carrying capacity.. 24 str * like 60 carry capacity for the bottom... Just pick lighter races for the rest kenku and kobolds

And top with a druid shapechanged into an ant

An ant on top of a one-inch mystic? I love it!