PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Augmented creature

Thanos92
2018-04-16, 06:39 AM
Hi all!

I'm really interested in the augmented creature template (Advanced bestiary). But I don't really understand how I've to deal with "integrated weaponry" in relation to:

1. "A weapon can be integrated into the creature without replacing a natural attack by increasing the cost by +1 AP".
If I have a creature who normally has: Bite + Claw + Claw, this means now I have: Bite + Claw + Claw + Weapon integrated?

2. "An integrated weapon is considered a natural attack, but if the augmented creature is capable multiple attacks with the weapon it keeps those attacks".
If I have a creature who normally has a bite attack but could also use either weapons or claws (such as a werewolf, for example) , this means I get additional attacks in relation to BaB with the integrated weapon (primary attacks) and than I get all my natural attacks (secundary attack: -5 or, multiattack, -2)?
For example, Werewolf with BaB of +6/+1, an integrated blade in his left hand, would do: Int.Blade +6/ Int.Blade +1/ Claw +1/ Bite +1?

1.2. If I consider both 1 and 2 together than I could make: Int. Blade +6/Int. Blade +1/ Claw +1/Claw +1/ Bite +1?

I know this is strange but thanks a lot.

Firest Kathon
2018-04-16, 07:18 AM
Yes
As the weapon counts as a natural attack, it does not drop the other natural attacks to secondary as a manufactured weapon would do normally. Therefor your attack sequence would be Int. Blade +6 / Bite +6 / Claw +6 / Int. Blade +1.
As above, Int. Blade +6 / Bite +6 / Claw +6 / Claw +6 / Int. Blade +1.

Psyren
2018-04-16, 11:35 AM
As with many other third-party templates, this one is not the most clearly written. If you can't track down the author to get their intent, your best guess will have to do.

Thanos92
2018-04-16, 12:05 PM
Yes
As the weapon counts as a natural attack, it does not drop the other natural attacks to secondary as a manufactured weapon would do normally. Therefor your attack sequence would be Int. Blade +6 / Bite +6 / Claw +6 / Int. Blade +1.
As above, Int. Blade +6 / Bite +6 / Claw +6 / Claw +6 / Int. Blade +1.

Stated that it is not considered manifactured, I think it should still be considered primary natural attack.
So it would be Int.Blade +6/+1 / Bite-Claw-Claw +1, right?

As with many other third-party templates, this one is not the most clearly written. If you can't track down the author to get their intent, your best guess will have to do.

You're right. It is just for a funny one-shot, in fact.

Psyren
2018-04-16, 12:30 PM
Stated that it is not considered manifactured, I think it should still be considered primary natural attack.
So it would be Int.Blade +6/+1 / Bite-Claw-Claw +1, right?

As long as you're not mixing them with manufactured weapons, natural weapons in PF are designated primary or secondary based on their type, regardless of how many you possess. Thus you can have multiple "primaries." Firest's sequence above would therefore be correct. (Again though, this template is really badly written - so it's unclear if "keep those attacks" means you get to make iteratives with your manunatural weapon and if so, whether they even take penalties since it's a natural weapon now. It's very confusing.)

You're right. It is just for a funny one-shot, in fact.

Then I'd probably say go with the funniest result.