PDA

View Full Version : Question about adventure league.

NecroDancer
2018-04-16, 09:28 AM
For those who have played in AL do you know if the average DM would let me use an online dice roller to determine if my necromancer's horde of zombies hits or misses in order to save time?

Theodoxus
2018-04-16, 10:46 AM
Totally depends on the DM. Some are cool with electronic devices at the table, others are totally against it, and some are fine until there's an issue (reading on your phone instead of listening/participating.

My advice is to get to the game early and talk to the DM(s) and see who would be open/ok with the dice program. Even those generally ok, might have an issue with a specific app, so always good to get everything out in the open first.

IMX, DMs generally get to the store 30 minutes to an hour before the official start, for setup and helping new players.

nickl_2000
2018-04-16, 10:49 AM
Can't speak for AL in general, but if the online doesn't work, you can always assign a minion to each other player. They do the rolling for that minion and know the bonuses. That way they are still invovled and it moves things along faster.

Naanomi
2018-04-23, 08:02 AM
Massive minionmancy can be hard, it is GM fiat if you can ‘keep a body’ between adventures (they are not official loot)... and few adventure sessions make enough corpses for a big army in themselves