PDA

View Full Version : Magical secrets for Bardlock

Eunostus
2018-04-16, 10:48 AM
Indeed, another Magical Secrets thread. My apologies in advance. 😉

So, my Yuan-Ti Warlock 7 (fiend) / Bard 5 (lore) is close to next level and I was thinking about what spells to chose for his Magical Secrets at Bard 6.
He's obsessed with snakes and is using a hag's soul bag to harvest souls for Demogorgon so he can become more snake-like. He's a sneaky type and quite unscrupulous, but considers the party to be his valuable assets. During combat he supports using spells like Summon Greater Demon, Heat Metal, Hold Person and Healing Word.
The part consists of a Sorcerer (lots of fire spells), a Rogue (assassin), a Paladin (Vengeance) and a Barbarian (Storm).
I was thinking of Spiritual Weapon (fluffed as a snake), Haste for support or Conjure Animals (lots of snakes).
Does anyone have any great suggestions? 😁

Kibry
2018-04-16, 11:25 AM
I know from experience that Conjure animals can be very good. (Summoned a pack of 8 velociraptors when we were fighting a babau, 82 damage total from all their claws and bites(It got halved after though because resistance)

With snakes that could be very useful if the target doesn't have immunity to poison. Also snakes have blindsense.

Also to consider at higher levels, Conjure Woodland Beings. (Summon 8 friendly Pixies for 8 uses of Polymorph :D turn your enemies into chickens or sheep and allies into very powerful animals)

I have no experience with either Haste or Spiritual Weapon

Both seem interesting and useful in their own ways. (I'm probably biased but I would go with conjure animals)

Quoz
2018-04-16, 12:50 PM
My favorite combo is find steed and spirit guardians. The mount from find steed gets a copy of any spell you cast on yourself. There are several great ones available to abuse this like aura of vitality or any of the smite spells. But if you want to be a literal lawnmower of doom spirit guardians ensures a party friendly area of auto damage and difficult terrain that stays with you through the fight. When effectively twin cast on you and your mount that's the same damage as a fireball for no action on each following turn.

Style wise a giant snake would be an interesting mount. Not sure how you get a sadle on there. Refluffing a more standard mount to something fitting your theme shouldn't be a problem.