PDA

View Full Version : How Does A Third-Level Cleric Phone Home?

Palanan
2018-04-16, 03:45 PM
Turns out I misremembered the level on Sending, so that option won’t work. Is there a second-level divine spell, of any kind, that would allow a cleric to contact his chapterhouse hundreds of miles away?

The game is Pathfinder, but I’m open to spells from any official 3.5 or Paizo source, with the necessary caveat that it needs to be something a third-level cleric can cast. Is there anything that can help him in this situation?

Rebel7284
2018-04-16, 03:51 PM
A wand of sending?

Yes, the market price is 21,000 gp. However, that doesn't matter if the cleric never sells it and just uses it for its intended purposes. Depending on how often the communication needs to take place, one wand may last until the cleric can just cast it.

Zaq
2018-04-16, 05:10 PM
Animal Messenger is a 2nd level Druid spell. It’s not even on any common Cleric domains, but you did specify a divine spell “of any kind,” so it may be relevant to your interests? It might not be powerful enough if the target is MANY hundreds of miles away, but if you find a particularly speedy bird or something, it might be an option.

Gullintanni
2018-04-17, 02:41 PM
I think a third level cleric pays to borrow someone else's phone.

Wands, Scrolls and NPC spell casters.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-04-17, 06:26 PM
Sending stone? It's pretty pricey at level 3 but not unreachable.

NerdHut
2018-04-17, 06:55 PM
A wand of sending?

Yes, the market price is 21,000 gp. However, that doesn't matter if the cleric never sells it and just uses it for its intended purposes. Depending on how often the communication needs to take place, one wand may last until the cleric can just cast it.

A partially charged wand may be more appropriate to OP's situation. A wand of sending with 10 charges, for instance would only cost 4200. Still expensive at level three, but at least possible for a third-level party.

Feantar
2018-04-18, 12:06 PM
...I preliminarily apologise for doing this...

Elysian Thrust Status Modem

You do the following. You use the rules variant of summoning specific creatures (As in, I don't just summon a lemure, I summon Bob the Lemure each time). You agree that, for example, every week, mondays at 15:00, the following will take place. You use the 2nd level cleric spell, Summon Elysian Thrush. You cast Status on the Thrush. You dismiss the thrush. I cannot find a rule that says spell you cast on summoned creatures end, so I assume they don't. They summon the thrush at 15:30 to give you enough time. Now, they alternate between shaking the thrush and leaving it be each round. You get something like "Nauseated, Unharmed, Unharmed, Nauseated, Unharmed" write it down, convert it to ASCII, and voila, you get a message. Repeat the reverse every thursday.

I am really sorry, I will go hide somewhere now.