PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming book.

Spacehamster
2018-04-17, 08:46 AM
Have they said if the new tome thingy will have any player options in it or only monsters?

Lombra
2018-04-17, 08:48 AM
There will at least be new playable races

Spacehamster
2018-04-17, 12:06 PM
There will at least be new playable races

Cool cool, more races is always fun. :)

Kaliayev
2018-04-18, 12:11 AM
I imagine some revision of UA's Eladrin is becoming canon since we're getting lore on the elves' original sin.

DanyBallon
2018-04-18, 04:36 AM
On a side note, since the beginning of 5e WotC released 2 advendture books a year, and with the exception of Tales from the Yawning Portal, all tied to a storyline. Anyone heard about the ones for 2018?

Unoriginal
2018-04-18, 04:58 AM
I imagine some revision of UA's Eladrin is becoming canon since we're getting lore on the elves' original sin.

It's been confirmed. We'll also have other types of Eladrins, though as NPCs.

On a side note, since the beginning of 5e WotC released 2 advendture books a year, and with the exception of Tales from the Yawning Portal, all tied to a storyline. Anyone heard about the ones for 2018?

Yes, one of them has "marathon" as project name. Though it might be a typo for "mare-a-ton" and it'll be about very heavy horses.

DanyBallon
2018-04-18, 05:29 AM
Yes, one of them has "marathon" as project name. Though it might be a typo for "mare-a-ton" and it'll be about very heavy horses.

Excellent pun! Unfortunately, Marathon is Mordekeinen Tome of Foes ...

Millstone85
2018-04-18, 05:52 AM
Excellent pun! Unfortunately, Marathon is Mordekeinen Tome of Foes ...Indeed, the adventures are codenamed "Broadway" and "Catacomb".

Speaking of puns, I hope "Broadway" has something to do with space opera and the stars. Matt Sernett and Chris Perkins recently joked about Spelljammer being "simply the best campaign setting ever produced by TSR (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIfxU5HIfJs&t=12m58s)" while discussing the inclusion of the giff in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, so it is on their minds.

Kaliayev
2018-04-18, 06:03 AM
It's been confirmed. We'll also have other types of Eladrins, though as NPCs.

Yeah, I realized that shortly after posting. I'm really hoping they get the gender swapping trait that I heard about for elves. Since the Eladrin will be the least "corrupted," they should have the highest occurrence of the trait. "Seasonal" appearance/personality changes and shifting between male/female/androgynous? The rping potential is amazing.

the_brazenburn
2018-04-18, 04:16 PM

I'll make a new thread for that.

Daithi
2018-04-18, 06:20 PM
Just in case WotC reads threads like these. I'm just one guy, but I have zero interest in space based adventures, or westerns, or pirates, etc. I like sticking to the traditional fantasy world.