PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help me be a critter? half-orc barbarian edition

Samayu
2018-04-17, 09:32 PM
I'm making a half-orc barbarian. What would be the optimal road to best take advantage of the Savage Attacks crit bonus?

Consensus
2018-04-17, 09:47 PM
Three levels in champion won't go wrong. Just take them at your leasure after level five or maybe level nine, and they come with extra fighter goodies. There's not too much complex number crunching once you've set yourself on a half orc crit fisher imo

Xihirli
2018-04-18, 02:39 AM
I think you should go druid if you want to turn into a critter.
I'm not sorry.

CTurbo
2018-04-18, 02:50 AM
yeah 3 levels of Champion double your chances of critting and gets you other good stuff like GWF, Action Surge, and Second Wind

or

Elf Barb duel wielding Rapiers with the Elven Accuracy feat. lol

SMac8988
2018-04-18, 08:13 AM
I suggest the Hex Blade Warlock. Your curse will help you crit, though only one target at first. But you can get some really cool stuff for out of combat as a warlock. And the ability to summon your weapon no matter what as a barbarian means your never far from what let's you end people.

Also ask your DM about how the half orc crit bonus works. If it's only one dice, stick with great axe, but if they allow you to just the full damage the great sword is a bit better.