PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Epic Wizard : lets craft some defensive epic magic

Puke
2018-04-18, 07:52 AM
Hello there,
I'm currently playing a wizard (W20, Archmage 1, 20 outsider HD) as a rank 10 deity of magic, knowledge and community. (Forgotten realms).
For multiple reasons, my character is going to put someone at his place and go back to mortality.
As a god, I did not really need any gear, as I could shape reality...

I'm basically naked. The only thing I've got as special things are :
- Netheresse knowledge : spontaneous maximise spells
- Spellfire (as described in the books)
- A Knowledge arcana at 184 (I would loose at least 25 on this if I go back to mortality)

Well. For know, I have a lot of additionnal participants to put into my rituals (remember i'm a god ?).
I can develop epic spells without paying any cost since I have magic and knowledge domain. I just need to be able to cast de spell DC.

So : how do I make myself immune to every freaking attack and spell ?

I thought about : http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/seeds/conceal.htm
and
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/epicSpellReflection.htm

But I don't have much more ideas...

Gear :
A sentient rapier :
Name : Slayer of foes

Type : Rapière
To hit : +8
To dmg : +8
Crit : 15-20*2
Enhancement ranks : 7
Material : Moonsteal

Intelligence : 29 (+9)
Charisma : 24 (+7)
Wisdom : 14 (+2)

Abilities :
- Grants finesse
- Item has 20 in sense motive
- Item has locate item on 36m

Great powers :
- Heal (150pv)
- Heal
- Heal...

Great great powers :
- Can cast maximized explosion of light
- Can cast Cat's Grace (+10)

Special power :
- Exécution.

Enhancement :
- Keen (+1)
- Celestial light (+2)
- Holy (+2)
- Flaming Burst (+2)

I already enhanced my ability scores by +5 (innate) using epic magic.
What kind of gear should I craft or ask the god of creation to craft for me before leaving the pantheon ?

-----------------------------------

The threats I would face ? That could be epic creatures (CR 21 to 40) or Rank 0 to 4 gods, as the only rank 10 gods are my fellow mates or... Tiamat.
As I go back to mortality I can bring with me some of my worshipers, it can be archivists, wizards or clerics. I can also make so gear on my own if it's linked to my domains.

Any ideas ? To consider : I don't need to spend any money nor experience to craft gear and as I can access Knowledge domain, there is almost no limitation in the epic spells I can craft nor items I can invent - (as long as they exist in official D&D rules, that means any official source but NO DRAGON MAGAZINE)- (but I cannot CRAFT anything bcs I'm not the god of creation, I can only craft up to artifacts in relation to my domains : Magic, Knowledge, Community).

Thank you !

thethird
2018-04-18, 08:09 AM
Can you craft artifacts? Those netherese scrolls look yummy.

Edit. Reread the post get those scrolls set up a library for your followers.

Puke
2018-04-18, 08:21 AM
I don't have every Netheresse knowledge unfortunately. But I can ask Karsus to help me on that.
I can craft artifacts if they are related to either magic, knowledge or community. The only limitation is that it takes me time and energy.

lord_khaine
2018-04-18, 08:26 AM
At this level of power i would suggest going mainly for style, and craft things that sounds awesome.

schreier
2018-04-18, 08:30 AM
Even as epic, this list is useful:

I would think:
+12 to each attribute items (maybe just the belt?)

If possible, an item with continuous favor of the martyr

Something that provides mind blank (third eye conceal or cowl of warding)

Amulet of Second chances (for that disastrous mistake you made)

Something that provides true seeing

Starmantle cloak (immune to regular attacks)

If you want to be really protected - ring of universal elemental immunity

Ring of spell-battle

Lastly - the durakistad coin :) This is a good place to go craft things, study, rest, etc ... be the king of your own personal frozen gold kingdom when you want!
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20041231a

Puke
2018-04-19, 07:38 AM
Good ideas !

Unfortunately, I could create my own demiplane where time flow was not connected to the real world, but it does not work anymore due to some actions the characters made.
So I don't thing the Durakistad coin would be that useful.

Anything else ?

Ottriman
2018-04-20, 06:36 AM
How about rod of excellent magic from here?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/rods.htm

Negation and cancellation are also probably worth checking out.

Puke
2018-04-20, 06:50 AM
Wow this is so OP. Thanks.

Might be very useful since my DM is telling me that I might loose my spellfire if I quit my position as god of magic.

Puke
2018-04-22, 05:03 AM
Updated first post with a new question :

Well. For know, I have a lot of additionnal participants to put into my rituals (remember i'm a god ?).
I can develop epic spells without paying any cost since I have magic and knowledge domain. I just need to be able to cast de spell DC.

So : how do I make myself immune to every freaking attack and spell ?

I thought about : http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/seeds/conceal.htm
and
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spell...Reflection.htm

But I don't have much more ideas...

Ottriman
2018-04-22, 07:02 AM
I am not super well versed in invulnerability cheese, but I know some things.

I know that there are ways to get both regeneration/- and immunity to nonlethal damage. If you have that then all hp damage is nullified as it becomes nonlethal (which you are immune to).

Another method that's a bit less bulletproof is to use both Starmantle cloak (book of exalted deeds) and a Ring of Evasion to become invulnerable to normal weapons, and immune to damage from magic weapons on a DC 15 save. Alternatively you could skip the evasion and get a selective antimagic field that excludes you and the starmantle cloak. You'll be immune to nonmagical weapons, and weapons striking you are nonmagical because they have to get at you through an antimagic field.

I also know that the infamous "Twice Betrayer of Shar" build involved a way to become nigh on immune to everything.

http://archive.is/iBPdV

Puke
2018-04-22, 07:15 AM
Thanks.
Gotta take an eye at this build.

My base idea was to :
1) Get permanent epic spell reflection up to 10th level of spells + increase the caster level of this protection as much as possible. The DC is very very VERY tremendously high, but I can reach it if I spend some ressources. (Atm I can reach to 1300 Spellcraft DC with a well prepared ritual, a lot of participants etc... and using other epic spells to boost my score).
2) Get the Conceal seed + permanent (50% miss chance, total invisibility, blocks divination magic, but I think I would not block divination since my reflect would allow me to counter these spells and scry upon whoever would try to scry on me)
3) Epic contingency of counterspell : triggered if someone attemps to dispel one of my spells.

I saw that I could create an entirely new creature and grant it (ex) abilities. I may be able to transfer my consciousness into this creature given I can mix it with an eidolon or something like that. But that sounds utterly cheesy and if my DM allows anything present in official rules, he always says "if you can do it, powerful NPCs can do it as well, given they can access the ressources". So... cheese can be very painful.

Starmantle looks like the way to go anyway.