PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A War Chanter/Seeker of the Song: Combined Song

eversilentone
2018-04-18, 11:34 AM
Both of these PrCs give Combine Songs:

Combine Songs (Ex): A seeker of the song of 2nd level or higher can combine two types of bardic music or seeker music to provide the benefits of both. The seeker chooses two music abilities and activates both using the same standard action. If either or both require concentration, the seeker can maintain concentration on both by using one standard action each round to concentrate. The normal stacking rules for bonus types apply to music abilities combined with this ability.

Combine Songs (Su): A war chanter of 5th level or higher with 12 or more ranks in any Perform skill can combine two types of bardic music or war chanter music to provide the benefits of both (normal stacking rules for bonus types apply).

How many uses of Bardic Music does it cost to do this? I'm going to guess that it's 2 uses (one for each song combined), as I think is implied by "activates both". However, "combine two types of bardic or seeker music to provide the benefits of both" suggests that it's one song? It's not clear to me, for example, if both required concentration if it would be possible to end just one of those songs?

In any event, does this mean that combined songs could use just one use of Bardic Music? Or the total of the two? Or the average of the two? I mention average as what if these were taken alongside Stormsinger which has abilities that use a different number of Bardic Music uses for songs?

Given both PrCs are a little weak I don't think it would be game breaking if they only used the one use for the one combined song but I was curious as to the RAW.

Thanks in anticipation :)

Fouredged Sword
2018-04-18, 11:40 AM
Each music requires a use of bardic music to activate. This simply lets you activate 2 with 1 standard action. It still costs the same 2 bardic music uses.