PDA

View Full Version : Help with quick character...

Space-Is-Curved
2007-09-02, 07:09 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a barbarian build designed for first level to be as fast as possible. What I want is the ability to charge an enemy from as far away as possible.

I'm fine with feats or races, but most classes won't work if I don't have the book, but feel free to throw them out anyway. Oh, and thanks for the help.

Gralamin
2007-09-02, 07:24 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a barbarian build designed for first level to be as fast as possible. What I want is the ability to charge an enemy from as far away as possible.

I'm fine with feats or races, but most classes won't work if I don't have the book, but feel free to throw them out anyway. Oh, and thanks for the help.

First level, and fast as possible? Cat Folk (RotW) have 40 ft movement speed, but they have an LA of +1. Either then that, I would recommend a Human Barbarian 1.

Feat wise, grab dash, it increases your speed by 5 feet (Complete Warrior).

Space-Is-Curved
2007-09-02, 07:38 PM
Are there any prerequisites? It sounds good. I think that and the quick trait plus a level of barbarian would be good. 55' speed sounds nice.

weenie
2007-09-02, 07:49 PM
If you have access to unearthed arcana take the quick trait. -1hp/level, but your base land speed increases by 10ft.

Gralamin
2007-09-02, 08:02 PM
Are there any prerequisites? It sounds good. I think that and the quick trait plus a level of barbarian would be good. 55' speed sounds nice.

No actual requirements.

Space-Is-Curved
2007-09-02, 08:07 PM
Sounds perfect. Thanks.

Machete
2007-09-02, 08:29 PM
<3 Catfolk

Unearthed Arcana has a Trait that will boost a character's move by 10 feet.

This, Catfolk, and Barbarian combined make for 60 move.

{ninja'd!}

Anxe
2007-09-03, 10:18 AM
boots of striding and springing. The dash and run feats. You could splash sorcerer and take some draconic heritage feats. I think one or two of those increase your speed. You can find all these feats on http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php