PDA

View Full Version : No response needed.

OzDragon
2018-04-18, 09:43 PM
DECIDED ON A CHARACTER! Thanks to all who posted!

My previous character died last session. Level 4 Zealot Barbarian and I am in need of another one for the next game.

The current party is
Fighter 4/rogue 1
Bard 5
Bard 1/Lock 4
Cleric 1/Bard 3

I have an issue I can not decide what to play. I would like your help.

What are some Level 5 PCs that you have played that were fun/ interesting?

PC does not need to be fully optimized or can be either way. Standard Point Buy. All printed book material is accepted. Does not need to be fully fleshed out or anything. Ideas are great too!

Next game is Saturday. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

mgshamster
2018-04-18, 10:55 PM
My previous character died last session. Level 4 Zealot Barbarian and I am in need of another one for the next game.

The current party is
Fighter 4/rogue 1
Bard 5
Bard 1/Lock 4
Cleric 1/Bard 3

I have an issue I can not decide what to play. I would like your help.

What are some Level 5 PCs that you have played that were fun/ interesting?

PC does not need to be fully optimized or can be either way. Standard Point Buy. All printed book material is accepted. Does not need to be fully fleshed out or anything. Ideas are great too!

Next game is Saturday. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

1) Roll on the trinket table.
2) Come up with a story about how that trinket influenced that person's life and build your character based on that influence.

And there ya go! A viable character that will work with your group.

CTurbo
2018-04-18, 11:13 PM
Hmm.... I think you should be a Bard! lol jk jk

What kind of character do YOU want to be? Honestly, a Barbarian would be perfect with that group. Maybe figure out where that character went wrong and tweak it?

If not, Cleric 5 or Paladin 5 would be great. Tempest Cleric is the funnest character I have ever played. Tempest would be a front line character as it seems your group would probably benefit from having one.

Avonar
2018-04-19, 01:37 AM
1) Roll on the trinket table.
2) Come up with a story about how that trinket influenced that person's life and build your character based on that influence.

And there ya go! A viable character that will work with your group.

This works better than you might expect. You have a fairly well rounded party so no need to fill in any particular role.

Last time I did this I rolled an alabaster mask, leading me to make a Grazzt serving Warlock as Grazzt's followers wear alabaster masks.

mgshamster
2018-04-19, 06:47 AM
If you need some ideas for using the trinket game, click on the link in my signature. I've collected all the stories people have shared with me. :)

Also, I love the alabaster mask story!

Aett_Thorn
2018-04-19, 06:57 AM
If you need some ideas for using the trinket game, click on the link in my signature.

Sees this line...sees no signature...

What sort of game you playing at?! ;)

As for the OP, I mean, with that many Bards, it's hard to tell what's missing. I'm guessing that the Bard/Cleric is a healer/buffer type, the Bard/Lock is more of a Blaster, and the straight Bard is a something.

Still, seems like you've got a bunch of back-liners, and only one front-liner. Since you were just a Barbarian, and your party doesn't need a pretty face (Paladin), I'm going to suggest that you go Str-based Horizon Walker Ranger. Because why not!

mgshamster
2018-04-19, 07:04 AM
Sees this line...sees no signature...

What sort of game you playing at?! ;)

Haha! Forgot to click the show sig button. Also, it's my first post. :P

Vogie
2018-04-19, 07:56 AM
Kensai Monk 3(+) / Druid 2

That way you can augment your monk weapon with Shillelagh, scaling with Wisdom, and flurry of blows will make up for the lack of extra attack until you can get it later on.

You'll have the ability to Wild shape for utility purposes, keeping unarmored defense when you're choosing shapes without Natural Armor, and you can grab a Circle depending on your desired style.

Moon increases your forms to CR 1 and gives you the ability to shape as a Bonus action
Dreams gives you spell-less healing
Shepherd for a variety of in-combat utility
Land to be a Short Rest caster instead of a Long Rest Caster (more abuse of Faerie Fire, Absorb Elements, and whatever else you'd like)

nickl_2000
2018-04-19, 08:09 AM
This party is all over the place. My personal opinion a Storm Sorcerer or Evocation Wizard whose whole goal in life is to make things go Boom in many varied and nasty ways. Sure the Bards can cover that with magic secrets, but these classes do it be default.

Go all levels in a single class so you can pick up fireball or lightning bolt immediately.

mgshamster
2018-04-19, 08:40 AM
Kensai Monk 3(+) / Druid 2

That way you can augment your monk weapon with Shillelagh, scaling with Wisdom, and flurry of blows will make up for the lack of extra attack until you can get it later on.

You'll have the ability to Wild shape for utility purposes, keeping unarmored defense when you're choosing shapes without Natural Armor, and you can grab a Circle depending on your desired style.

Moon increases your forms to CR 1 and gives you the ability to shape as a Bonus action
Dreams gives you spell-less healing
Shepherd for a variety of in-combat utility
Land to be a Short Rest caster instead of a Long Rest Caster (more abuse of Faerie Fire, Absorb Elements, and whatever else you'd like)

Woah. That's a great idea.

I just rolled up a Halfling Kensai monk with the acolyte background. He's a devoted worshipper of Yondalla, the halfling God of the hearth and protection.

I can multiclass two levels of moon druid and he can change into animals commonly associated with halflings, like badgers! That would be a great character growth idea! He's not really a druid, he's just been blessed by his god. :)

Specter
2018-04-19, 08:49 AM
Agreed on Monk (though non-Druidy). If you still want to tank hard, Long Death with the Tough feat will get you places.