PDA

View Full Version : Effigy master

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-04-19, 03:48 AM
I have looked around for good monsters to effigy and its been mostly "awesomely broken monsters" or "Roboto ise" em.

Im looking for a humaniod Monster that has some extra abililtys (i know they lose effects that work off con due to them being robits). As the game im playing were all high end chars 30+ and after remembering talking to an old man we "passed out/fell asleep" and any gear we had was gone. The Dm let me keep my "tim man" as all they know is its a humanoid in armor.

Any ideas or throughts for a decent monster to have in the armor to reveal later down the road or during a big fight?

Quertus
2018-04-19, 08:28 AM
I love the Effigy Master prestige class. So props for that.

Now, just how dumb is the epic-defeating quest giver, that they somehow don't notice the obvious doll joints (or the lack of falling down unconscious...) on an effigy, and think it's just "some guy"?

Still, if your GM is on enough drugs to make this work... Being me, I'll have to recommend a paragon pseudonatural 4-headed half-dragon blah blah blah (insert that epic humanoid elf thing from the epic level handbook).

EDIT: AFB, so that might not be legal. And probably not all that useful in an epic party.

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-04-19, 12:15 PM
It was more along the lines of you see a human in robes (more then likely caster i.e me) and besides him you see another person in armour. i.e tin man. Armour is covering him head to foot. so pretty much fancy heavy armor so you cant see who or what it is. lol.

I was thinking of some Hobgoblin/Orc or something along those lines or a different type of monster humaniod thats "hiding" inside the armor.

unseenmage
2018-04-19, 02:45 PM
Effegies of Humans arguably get to keep that random bonus racial feat.

Am pretty sure an effigy of an illithid gets to keep eating brains too.

Venger
2018-04-19, 03:20 PM
Effegies of Humans arguably get to keep that random bonus racial feat.

Am pretty sure an effigy of an illithid gets to keep eating brains too.

negatory on humans keeping the feat. either it's a feat, in which case it's lost (unless you took something that "improves your attacks," which is decently broad) or it's an ex sq, which you lose.

there's no reason an effigy illithid would lose impgrab or extract, so you definitely can still do that. I assume they're just stored in your empty torso and you either empty them out or there's a furnace in there to destroy them.

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-04-19, 05:55 PM
From the book

Special Attacks: An effigy loses all supernatural special attacks, spell-like abilities, and extraordinary special attacks for which a target's saving throw is based on the effigy's Constitution (since the creature no longer has a Con score). It retains any extraordinary special attacks that do not allow a saving throw (such as rake, rend, or constrict) or any for which the target's saving throw is based on the creature's Strength (such as trample) or Dexterity (such as a howler's quills).

Abilities: An effigy creature's Strength increases by 4, and it takes a -2 penalty to Dexterity. It has no Constitution or Intelligence score, and has Wisdom 11 and Charisma 1.

And last but not least

Skills and Feats: An effigy creature loses all skill points and all feats except for those feats that improve its attacks (such as Improved Natural Attack, Multiattack, Weapon Finesse, or Weapon Focus).