PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder (SoP) Stay a While and Listen build

SangoProduction
2018-04-19, 04:25 AM
This is a build focused around the Creation sphere's ability to create a casing. And making it out of force, which has, honestly, ridiculous scaling. Thus they stay a while (about 21 hours) on a failed save. Probably in a really uncomfortable position too. I was also going to call it the Aristotelian Forms Caster. But who the hell is going to get that.

I will be assuming the DC to burst a created item is the save DC, regardless of the actual stats being like 600 hardness or whatever.

It has two weaknesses: Casters without somatic components, and really big, strong creatures. The strong creatures are countered by letting Divided Creations apply multiple casings, thus requiring multiple breaks, while only requiring one of your actions. (Of course, even if it doesn't, being able to encase all the enemies is nice too.)

Race: Human

Classes: Incanter 1 (Sphere Specialization(Creation), Feather (sub)domain, Protection/Defense domain)
/ Thaumaturge 9 (Knight of Willpower)
(Don't take Master of Creation, because either it's as RAW, and locks you out of the +1 save from Sphere Focus, or it's as (probably) RAI and locks you out of sphere specialization (creation) which gives you +1 CL)
Favored Class: Thaumaturge (+1 Forbidden Lore, +5% backlash chance, +1 HP)

Total Forbidden Lore Bonus: +5. +7 for Creation, and stuff. +10 if we overcharged it. (You'd have to overcharge about 33 times, statistically, before this bonus simply cancels out the backlash. Needless to say, that's more than plenty.)
Total Caster Level for Creation Sphere: 21. At ECL 10. Kinda absurd.

Age: Venerable (He just wants someone to listen to his stories)

Relevant Stats: 18 Int (point buy) +2 Int Human + 3 Int Venerable, + 2 Int levels +4 Enhancement Item = 29
Int Modifier: +9
Save DC so far: 29

Magic Tradition: (Bonus SP at lvl 10: 5.) Total SP: 23
General Drawbacks

Center of Power (Glowing blue, crystalline helmet)
Emotional Casting
Focus Casting (I unno. A book?)
Verbal Casting (gotta make them listen)
Prepared Caster (put like 90% of your points in to Creation, and you'll be fine).
(I'd take Skilled Casting (Storytelling) if it were ever even slightly possible to hit the DC.)
Boons

Easy Focus

Sphere Specific Drawbacks
Conjuration

Consistent Companions (Hey, a free, extra pool of healing potions is cool.)
Solitary Summons (Oh hey, an extra pool of healing potions.)
Figment Companion (Oh hey, something that doesn't affect healing potions.)
Material Weakness (You've got 3 healing potions. You can afford to have 1 banished now and then.)

Creation

Material Focus (Force. Literally the best material, unless you really want to try your damnedest to make Creation damage happen. Just go Destruction if you did want to do damage.)

Warp

The two teleport drawbacks. They don't outright lose you teleportation, and grant an extra talent compared to Bender.

Magic Talents (Total Talents available: 8)

Conjuration:
-Archetypes: Mage (based on Wisdom), Puppet
-Base Form: Ooze (has base 12 Wisdom, for some reason). It is literally a crawling healing potion.

Base Sphere (1 mage companion with Magical Talent
Bonus Talents

Extra Companion (must mimic base sphere)
Extra Companion (must mimic base sphere)
Willful Companion (+6 Wisdom +2 HD, total 20)
Willful Companion (+6 Wisdom +2 HD, total 20)

Creation

Base Sphere: Can create 21 small objects (equivalent), which is equivalent to a gargantuan, large, and small, at baseline. Plus Destroy, which will fuel free creation points.
Divided Creation: Create more than 1 thing, or one thing with many parts
Lengthened Creation: Creations last for 21 hours. Suit up your team.
Larger Creation: 42 small objects for 1 more SP
Restrictive Casing (In all likelihood, you don't want to use this so that the DM considers attacking it instead, which has a lesser chance of breakthrough.)
Transparency (meh. Some utility to it. But most importantly: They can see you read them stories.)
Talents from Feats

Object of Force: 42 hardness, and 210 HP per inch. And you can make a lot of inches. Oh. And it freely blocks incorporeal, and can be transparent/opaque without cost with another talent.
Exquisite Detail (I unno. Seems cool.)
Distant Creation (not being melee as a caster is nice)
Practiced Creation (use move action reduce cost of creation by 1 SP. Always nice)

If Advanced Talents are allowed, get Material Body, and respec either some of the less useful creation talents (most of them), or use feats to qualify for it. Having 42 DR, absorbing up to 1470 damage is totally worth it.
Also, Sustenance is a nice, flavorful (haha) talent that's cool to have.

Warp
Base Sphere: Limited Teleport for self, based on drawbacks
Bonus Talents

Extradimensional Room: 100 square foot safe space to open up your inn of
Extradimensional Storage: 100 lbs of storage. Just...because. Don't question it. He needs his library of books, and can't, for some reason pick up a magic hand bag, and can't afford the chance of it getting stolen.

Feats (In order of importance): Total available: 8
Sphere Focus (creation): +1 save DC to creation effects
Extra Magic Talent: Object of Force
Extra Magic Talent: Distant Creation
Before Creation Comes Destruction (Effectively get 12 bonus SP per day. Arguably can power Arcane Empowerment.)
Arcane Empowerment: +2 save DC (or CL) for 1 more SP. Not bad
Extra Magic Talent: Practiced Creation (Effectively lets us get Arcane Empowerment for a move action rather than an SP)
(Thaumaturge bonus feat)Extra Magic Talent: Expanded Materials: Acid (Fall back on blasting / area-denial, if need be)
(Thaumaturge bonus feat)Extra Magic Talent: Exquisite Detail (I unno. Seems cool.)

Trait: Destructive Adept (average of +1 damage. Just in case you're going to take Destructive Counter at level 11.)

Final Save to avoid entrapment/acid engulfment/strength check to break out: 32 - A 95% impossible save for the majority of creatures until CR 15. But the best of the CR 10 can have a 25% chance of success.

Most creatures (based on sheer strength alone, not accounting for size) don't have a snowball's chance in hell of actually breaking it. That said, the strongest of the creatures at any CR approaching 10 have a decent chance...before size is involved. Good thing you made sure to grab Telekinesis, to target their bad saves, right?

khadgar567
2018-04-19, 05:22 AM
so we have forced wisdom deckerd cain nice build mate

GreatGoatEater
2018-04-19, 09:48 AM
I'm pretty sure this build doesn't qualify to take Arcane Empowerment, as it requires you to be able to cast Arcane/Divine Vancian spells unless I missed something looking over the build.

SangoProduction
2018-04-19, 06:06 PM
I'm pretty sure this build doesn't qualify to take Arcane Empowerment, as it requires you to be able to cast Arcane/Divine Vancian spells unless I missed something looking over the build.

I was about to respond with, ''where does it say 'Vancian spells'?'' but then I read it again, and...maybe it does make separate references of classical spells as 'spells' and sphere effects as 'sphere abilities'. Even though the class features are called 'spellcasting' regardless.... I think you've got a point there. So just swap that out with the recommended feat for level 11 instead.

so we have forced wisdom deckerd cain nice build mate
I am not entirely sure what you said, but thank you.