PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Resistance Spells

rferries
2018-04-19, 04:40 AM
These spells aren't "silver bullets" in the way that remove fear, remove paralysis, etc. are, but I see them being used more often due to their versatile targets/durations.

Agility
Abjuration
Level: Bard 2, Cleric 2, Druid 2, Freedom 2, Protection 2, Ranger 2, Sor/Wiz 2, Travel 2
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creatures touched
Duration: 2 hours/level; see text
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

Your allies gain lightning-fast reflexes. The traps of this malevolent maze should be a little less dangerous, now.

The target creatures gain a +4 resistance bonus on Reflex saves. Divide the duration evenly among all the creatures you touch.

Health
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Cleric 2, Druid 2, Healing 2, Paladin 2, Protection 2, Ranger 2, Sor/Wiz 2

Your touch protects against venom and plague. Your party has slightly less to fear from the Yuan-Ti temple.

The target creatures gain a +4 resistance bonus on Fortitude saves. Divide the duration evenly among all the creatures you touch.

Willpower
Abjuration
Level: Bard 2, Cleric 2, Druid 2, Freedom 2, Paladin 2, Protection 2, Ranger 2, Sor/Wiz 2

Your power protects the minds of your allies. You stride through the castle gates, prepared to face the Countess (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?538679-Revised-Vampire-(-quot-classic-quot-i-e-no-energy-drain)&p=22460364).

The target creatures gain a +4 resistance bonus on Will saves. Divide the duration evenly among all the creatures you touch.

Resistance, Improved
Abjuration
Level: Cleric 4, Druid 4, Paladin 4, Protection 4, Sor/Wiz 4

Your allies are warded against harm.

The target creatures gain a +5 resistance bonus on saving throws. Divide the duration evenly among all the creatures you touch.

ShiningStarling
2018-04-19, 05:03 PM
Um... this removes the need for Cloaks of Resistance entirely, which while I'm not necessarily opposed to that, it also is double the benefit of already lacking feats as a 1st level spell that lasts a long time. Given the ubiquity of these spells, and their likeness to, say, Bull's Strength, I would move all of them up a level.

rferries
2018-04-19, 05:38 PM
Um... this removes the need for Cloaks of Resistance entirely, which while I'm not necessarily opposed to that, it also is double the benefit of already lacking feats as a 1st level spell that lasts a long time. Given the ubiquity of these spells, and their likeness to, say, Bull's Strength, I would move all of them up a level.

Done and done!