PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Advice where to post a campaign setting or at least the ideas for it

LordWolfKnight
2018-04-19, 04:36 PM
I kind of think that it would go in world building, but there is more than just the world and how it functions. For example it will have house rules, and modified races if there are any that i need, examples of rule question's answer, and the sort. There be will an overview of the available pantheons from Deities and Demigods. There will also be sub settings like deserts, the frozen north and south, the ocean, the metropolis. Then there will be other sub settings for things like ghosts, the after life, some of the other planes of existence. i also plan on having a unique magic system for arcane magic, psionics, and incarnum.

This would need to be a place where I can leave it alone for a while and not fear it being deleted. I plan on doing most of the work on my cpu, but I would need a place where I can get feedback and advice for it as well. I don't have money for a membership to a site at this time unfortunately.

Any ideas where I can do this?

AuthorGirl
2018-04-19, 08:01 PM
Money for a membership? I didn't even think we did that here.

Anyway, my advice is as follows: do the work on your computer, then start a thread in the Homebrew forum when you need feedback on something. That way you can store everything and also here other peoples' ideas.

Eldan
2018-04-20, 04:24 AM
For that sort of thing, I recommend putting it on google docs. It's a freely available online word editor, quite similar to microsoft word, but it also has sharing functions and even allows group editing, if oyu want others to help you.

Then, go around the various homebrew friendly roleplaying forums and post links and discussion threads.

LordWolfKnight
2018-04-20, 12:06 PM
well to be clear i wasn't talking about here, not advertising friendly imo. i guess i was looking more for a place to keep a blog of sorts. but with an expanding page where i can keep everything i want and make edits to it so others can use it if they so choose. but i don't have the money to spend. i know this is frowned upon on many sites but are there any other resources i could look to?

i will look into google docs and see what i can do with it the problem i have is getting out to people i am kinda shy and while i wont actively advertise to people it would get to people by others and networking it out through people versus me having to push it in front of others. as you can tell i am not a very functional person, if you have read any of my stuff on here, so.