PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Class: Explorer (Future)

Lokiron
2018-04-20, 01:25 AM
Hi,

I don't know if anyone cares for d20 modern anymore, but I have a question regarding the Explorer advanced class from Future. What is up with its requirements, specifically "Search 4 ranks" and "Aware"? All other advanced classes (as far as I know) have requirements that can be met after 3 levels of 1 or 2 basic classes. Explorer, however, requires Dedicated Hero Talent: Aware AND Search 4 ranks. The Dedicated Hero cannot met these requirements with its class alone, what with Search not being a class skill and Aware requiring Skill Emphasis.

Anyone else wondering what is going on here?

Ashtagon
2018-04-20, 02:27 AM
Take the emergency services background and pick search as one of your permanent skills. There may be other backgrounds that qualify too.

Lokiron
2018-04-20, 02:41 AM
Take the emergency services background and pick search as one of your permanent skills. There may be other backgrounds that qualify too.

Yes, that's about the best solution I've found as well. Other starting occupations with Search are Investigative, Doctor, Scavenger, Outcast... Others perhaps. It just seems a bit weird as most AdC's don't depend on the starting occupation.

Ashtagon
2018-04-20, 02:56 AM
Option b. Dedicated plus feat for aware. Then any class or background that has search.

Lokiron
2018-04-20, 03:29 AM
Option b. Dedicated plus feat for aware. Then any class or background that has search.

You can get Aware with a feat?

Ashtagon
2018-04-20, 04:27 AM
You can get Aware with a feat?

http://www.d20resources.com/future.d20.srd/feats/dedicated.plus.php

Dedicated Plus

Advancements in science coupled with your drive to excel enable you to progress faster toward becoming a truly dedicated hero.

Benefit: You gain two talents from the Dedicated hero’s talent trees. The talents must be selected from the following list, you cannot select more than one talent from a single talent tree, and you must meet all the prerequisites of a talent to select it. Improved Aid Another, Intuition, Healing Touch 1, Healing Touch 2, Aware, Faith, Cool Under Pressure.

Special: You may select this feat multiple times. Each time you select this feat, you must choose a different pair of talents.

There's a series of "xyz Plus" feats, one for each of the d20 Modern basic classes. They appeared in d20 Future.

Lokiron
2018-04-20, 04:43 AM
Interesting.