PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Jynx Patron Theme

TheRedPaladin
2018-04-20, 05:00 AM
Hey everybody,

I'm currently playing around with the idea of a half-elven Bonded Witch, and whilst searching for an appropriate patron I stumbled across the "Jynx Patron Theme" from BotC. The first thing that jumped out at me - aside from the heavy 'cursing focus' of the patron - is that it has spells for every spell level as opposed to every second one like most patrons have?

Could somebody please explain to me what the difference between the Jynx/Mercy/Rot patrons and the other ones is? I'm really looking forward to playing a Jynx/Bonded Witch, but I'd rather have my story straight before I sit down at the metaphorical table and get told otherwise.

Thanks in advance!

RP.

SyrusRayne
2018-04-20, 08:00 AM
Looks to be a formatting error. Jynx, Mercy, and Rot list the spell level, where other patrons list the class level a given spell is added. I'd recommend treating it the same as any other patron - you'd get Ill Omen at 2nd level, Shatter at 4th, etc.

grarrrg
2018-04-20, 12:38 PM
Looks to be a formatting error. Jynx, Mercy, and Rot list the spell level, where other patrons list the class level a given spell is added. I'd recommend treating it the same as any other patron - you'd get Ill Omen at 2nd level, Shatter at 4th, etc.

I agree with this.

TheRedPaladin
2018-04-20, 04:58 PM
Well... I have an intelligence of 6.

Thanks though, that makes sense!