PDA

View Full Version : Ways to Maximize (Abuse?) Magic Weapon Enhancement: Aptitude

schreier
2018-04-20, 07:10 AM
I've seen multiple places referencing potential abuses of the aptitude enhancement. One of the big ones is Lightning Mace, but I wanted to see what ways people have tried.

I am trying to build a thrower, and want to examine all options before finalizing a direction. Obviously no one will have the # of feats necessary to take all of these options, but wanted to see which work (and work best). Also - how feats would interact and what would be necessary to get the "abuse" to work. Let's assume a dual wielding kukri that uses bloodstorm blade to throw them in iterative attacks (so bloodstorm blade 4). You obviously need the prereqs before you can take the feat.

Lightning Mace - whenever you roll a threat when attacking with two light maces (one in each hand), you get an extra attack at that BAB. This one seems pretty straight forward, and should work with kukri, even throwing.

Three-Mountain Strike - if you hit twice with heavy mace/great club/morningstar, must save or become nauseated

Boomerang Daze - if hit with boomerang, must save of be dazed (note - save is based on damage). Also - would Boomerang Richochet work to hit a second target?

Crossbow Sniper - if attacking with crossbow you have weapon focus for, add 1/2 dex damage and range for sneak attack/skirmish increases to 60. Not sure if this works, and if it does - does it change to "kukri you have focus is" - and does the 1/2 dex damage replace strength damage or add to it? This one might not work, but just checking.

Any other obvious aptitude uses I'm missing?

Darrin
2018-04-20, 08:18 AM
Tormtor School (Drow of the Underdark): never take a melee attack penalty again. (For thrown weapons, use an Exotic Weapon Master dip for the Throw Exotic Weapon stunt.)

Shadow Blade (ToB): Get Dex on damage with your Elven courtblade. Or shurikens. Or kukri. Or whatever.

Wind and Fire (Secrets of Sarlona). Lots of bleed damage.

schreier
2018-04-20, 09:09 AM
Eagle's Fury - flurry without being a monk