PDA

View Full Version : Let's make link from ocarina of time

Belier
2018-04-20, 02:15 PM
Hello guys,

I'm sure you guys must have done it already but I ain't finding it.

Link is clearly not a wizard, as he is not Learning is spells from a book. He is not a sorcerer as he is not possessing his own spells.
I'd more regard link from ocarina of time as a warlock/ranger as he is granted is power by fey's(fairies) and artifacts

So I would start it like this.
27 buy points

8 - 2 points 10 - in my opinion, link is not a pushover when it comes to strenght. To lift things in other titles he needed gloves of strenght.
8 - 9 points 15+1 - I kind off thinks link has a kind of good dexterity, as he is an excellent archer and has to dodge all day, he starts with a shortsword and use a slingshot/boomrang/hookshot
8 - 5 points 13 - link also has a good constitution because he is running around all day- climbing-swimming
8 - 4 points 12 - link as to be intelligent to resolve puzzles
8 - 5 points 12 +1 - link as to have a good perception - he also needs to have a certain control not to lose is mind and to multiclass ranger
8 - 3 points 11+2 - link needs the basic charisma to multiclass out of warlock and to pick up bard.

So we know that links start with 3 hit dice in the kokiri forest - so he is starting at level 3. He has navy with him, that is is pact of the chain familiar.(Hey listen!)

So looking at how link looks, he as pointed ears, but not the skin color of the elves, so that makes him half elf. I'd put him variant, so that he get's the ability to never sleeps, because we know that he was in a bed, but all he did was get up faking he was sleeping then never slept again. That is link using deception.

Let's then give out link the outlander backround, as he is traveling everywhere in hyrule, it makes him proficient in atletism and in survival and in one instrument, we choose the flute, so that he can play the ocarina.
When you look at link attack pattern, you see there is a sequence also before he stops swinging, so I guess he will need a few ranger levels to have the attack allowing him to slash all ennemies around him at level 3 and the extra attack, as well as magic slots to represent magic gauge and fighting styles - either dueling or archery. Since he is more using the sword, let's go with dueling.

When link defeats the spider in the decu tree, we'd say this is when he gain a level, since he get's his 4rth hitdie and he becomes proficient with the kokiri sword he did find. He was able to hit with a stick any way and sling any way, warlocks are proficient with simple weapons.

somehow at his skills, link would need to be proficient with perception, stealth and animal handling.

Unoriginal
2018-04-20, 03:18 PM
...Sorry, but it looks more like you have a square build for the round hole Link is.

Link isn't perceptive, nor wise. He frequently gets tricked/surprised, miss the obvious, or don't question the weird events around him (which often lead to him missing the obvious or getting tricked/surprised). He is not good at handling animals, either. Epona is the only animal he manages well, and it's not due to any animal handling skill of his. He does not have his powers granted by a fairy. He's not an Outlander, either. While he lived in a forest village, he mostly stayed in the village or played in the forest, he didn't go explore or hunt things. As for stealth, he only does that a couple of time, pretty awkwardly. And people don't take him very seriously unless they see how badass he is, so probably not a lot of CHA, but still not too bad because he can still befriend people easily. And while he's decently strong, he does need the goron bracelet, and then later the Silver and Golden Gloves, to accomplish the true feats of strength he's seen performing.

Also, as pointed out in the game, he is an human. A variant human, maybe, but human.

Link use what would be a D&D longsword or a D&D greatsword as soon as he's big enough to use them. As for his magic, it's limited to some songs, a few magically-boosted sword strikes, and the magic items he find on the road.

An expy for D&D of OoT would likely be a Sword Bard 3/Champion Fighter 7+ with the Folk Hero background. Main natural stat is DEX, STR boosted by an item, dump stat WIS.

Millstone85
2018-04-20, 03:34 PM
He does not have his powers granted by a fairy.He does receive magic spells from the great fairies. Combined with the presence of Navi, I believe it justifies at least three levels of warlock with a Pact of the Chain sprite.

Also, as pointed out in the game, he is an human. A variant human, maybe, but human.I don't recall whether that came from later titles, but Hylians are noticed for their pointy ears. They are probably half-elves, yes.

Unoriginal
2018-04-20, 03:56 PM
He does receive magic spells from the great fairies.

He does not. They just give him Boons to have more Inspiration Dice and HPs. Arguably more spell slots. But they never grant him a new spell.

Combined with the presence of Navi, I believe it justifies at least three levels of warlock with a Pact of the Chain sprite.[/QUOTE]

Navi's not a familiar, just an adventure companion. Also, you don't often see Link use Eldritch Blast, yes?

I don't recall whether that came from later titles, but Hylians are noticed for their pointy ears. They are probably half-elves, yes.

Having pointy ears don't make you an half-elves. I'd be like saying Kokiri are halflings or gnomes because they're small.

strangebloke
2018-04-20, 03:58 PM
Varies a lot depending on which link we're talking.

He's pretty much always a ranger, though. Hunter's mark is a funny way of simulating his lock on ability, whirlwind attack is the best way of simulating his spin attack, Wisdom is definitely a good stat for him, given that he usually has pretty good survival and perception skills.

(good at puzzles, though)

BotW link is a rogue/ranger with expertise in cooking tools. He's the sneakiest link, and is definitely the most agile. I'd make him a Inquisitive/Hunter.

skyward sword Link's main thin is his mount, which probably works best as a Beastmaster.

Twilight Princess is a vengeance paladin with druid levels.

Oots link is a pretty garbage swordsman, struggling with individual enemy mooks, I would stat him mostly as a Fey blade lock with his blade whirl represented by a self-centered AOE.

Naanomi
2018-04-20, 04:17 PM
Most of his powers come from his status as the chosen master of the sword of evil’s bane. He is a Hexblade

Millstone85
2018-04-20, 04:44 PM
He does not. They just give him Boons to have more Inspiration Dice and HPs. Arguably more spell slots. But they never grant him a new spell.So you do not regard Din's Fire, Farore's Wind and Nayru's Love as spells? Well, they are represented as crystals, so I guess they could just be magic items. But I always took it as Link himself receiving power, just like when he got a magic meter along the whirlwind attack.

Navi's not a familiar, just an adventure companion.What is missing? She and Link are pretty symbiotic.

Also, you don't often see Link use Eldritch Blast, yes?So what? He just didn't get that cantrip.

Having pointy ears don't make you an half-elves. I'd be like saying Kokiri are halflings or gnomes because they're small.No, but it ties to Hylians having been close to the goddess Hylia, and... Alright, whatever, they are humans.

Varies a lot depending on which link we're talking.The one from OoT. It is in the title of the thread.

Most of his powers come from his status as the chosen master of the sword of evil’s bane. He is a HexbladeNow if only 5e didn't connect the Hexblade to the Shadowfell. Though the Sacred Realm does later become the Dark World, according to many interpretations of the timeline.

DarkKnightJin
2018-04-20, 06:00 PM
Twilight Princess is a vengeance paladin with druid levels.

Well, crap.. Now I wanna make a Druid/Kensei to RP as the Link from TP.

Angelalex242
2018-04-20, 07:18 PM
Actually, Link DOES use Eldritch Blast.

He just fluffs them as beams coming out of his sword (As seen in the early NES and SNES games)

Naanomi
2018-04-20, 07:27 PM
Actually, Link DOES use Eldritch Blast.

He just fluffs them as beams coming out of his sword (As seen in the early NES and SNES games)
For some reason he only uses it when at full health

Belier
2018-04-20, 08:58 PM
Lol reading you guys made my day thx.

RedMage125
2018-04-20, 10:14 PM
Someone made a 5e Legend of Zelda guidebook. Not very much input from Breath of the Wild, but still looks pretty cool. They have Hylians, Gerudo, Twili, Zora, Goron, and I think Kokiri as distinct races, as opposed to just re-fluffed versions of other races. There's even a fairly decent unified Hyrule that combines most of the lore and games.