PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Mythic Champion Path Ability "Precision (Ex) and Power Attack

jax7778
2018-04-20, 04:48 PM
Greetings!

I have what may be a dumb question, but I appreciate any opinions.

The Mythic path ability "Precision" states that it does NOT reduce the situational penalties for abilities like power attack. Does this mean that if you take Precision 3 times (the max) and you make a full attack with power attack, that you subtract precision 3 times (going back down to your original attack roll values) and then subtract the minus to hit for power attack?

Or does this mean that you take your new BAB with precision added, and subtract the minus to hit from power attack from that?

I understand that one is VASTLY more powerful than the other, so I was curious. If it is the former, I might be using power attack a lot less!

Thanks to anyone who responds!

Precision for Reference:

Precision (Ex)
Your deadly attacks are far more likely to hit their target than those of others. Whenever you make a full attack, your attack bonus on the additional attacks you gain by having a high base attack bonus is 5 higher. This ability can’t give any of these attacks a higher attack bonus than your base attack bonus. For example, a 12th-levelfighter normally has a base attack bonus of +12/+7/+2; with this ability, his base attack bonus is +12/+12/+7. This ability doesn’t reduce the penalties from two-weapon fighting or other situational penalties on attack rolls (such as Combat Expertise, Power Attack, fighting defensively, or harmful conditions). You can select this ability more than once. Each time you select it, the attack bonus on additional attacks increases by another 5.

Rainshine
2018-04-20, 09:47 PM
L20 Fighter without precision: 20/15/10/5
L20 Fighter without precision using Power Attack: 14/9/4/-1
L20 Fighter with 3 ranks of precision: 20/20/20/20
L20 Fighter with 3 ranks of precision using Power Attack: 14/14/14/14

jax7778
2018-04-23, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the info! That answers my question!