PDA

View Full Version : So...More Animal Cohorts???

XxPhantomBoomxX
2018-04-21, 01:27 PM
K, so I'll get directly to the point, I have a seventh level Beast Master(3 bard/2 druid/2 beast master) and my effective goal for this characters to have as many animal/beast companions as possible.
I've already taken the following feats
• Monstrous Companion
• Wild Cohort
And I'm considering Dragon Cohort for when they get to ninth level
I'm wondering if there are any other feats that allow for them to get any more animal cohorts? If you could help out that would be appreciated a bunch
(Also, I've taken the Natural Bond feat for those bard levels, so I don't need to worry bout those 👌👌👌)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-04-21, 01:33 PM
You could get Obtain Familiar (CA) + Improved Familiar (CW) for a Krenshar.

XxPhantomBoomxX
2018-04-21, 01:44 PM
You could get Obtain Familiar (CA) + Improved Familiar (CW) for a Krenshar.

The only problem with this is that I don't exactly get a familiar as a Bard, Druid, or Beast Master

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-04-21, 01:46 PM
The only problem with this is that I don't exactly get a familiar as a Bard, Druid, or Beast Master

The Obtain Familiar feat gives you a familiar, it just requires an arcane caster level, which you get from Bard.

XxPhantomBoomxX
2018-04-21, 01:51 PM

The Obtain Familiar feat gives you a familiar, it just requires an arcane caster level, which you get from Bard.

I'm playing the divine bard variant

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-04-21, 02:33 PM
I'm playing the divine bard variant

Fair enough, though you didn't make any mention of that before now.

Falontani
2018-04-21, 03:15 PM
Not a feat; however Beast Heart Adept from Dungeonscape grants several magical beast companions

Vizzerdrix
2018-04-21, 03:33 PM
I want to say that Ive seen a gnome only feat from a faerun book that gives a few hd worth of animals.

death390
2018-04-21, 03:45 PM
if you don't care about dipping, 1 level in wizard and the ACF to get you a wild cohort instead of a familiar.

lylsyly
2018-04-21, 03:52 PM
And you would be right:

Animal Friends,Races of Faerûn (http://dnd.arkalseif.info/rulebooks/forgotten-realms-30--6/races-of-faerun--23/index.html), p. 161

Prereq: Gnome

Up to 2 HD of animals, may be taken multiple times,each time giving 2HD of animals, Not stackable (taking twice does not give you a 4 HD animal).

And just for fun,a link to an E6 Build that Features it! HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22886274&postcount=58)

Goaty14
2018-04-22, 06:15 PM
Preque: Gnome can be obtained with 3 levels in the Stoneblessed PrC (RoS)

death390
2018-04-22, 07:08 PM
and if your group is ok with Homebrew traits, the Mixed race one from dndwiki (or dnd-wiki) lets you count as a specific race for pre-reqs.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-04-23, 11:20 AM
A level in a manifesting class (ardent, psion, psychic warrior, wilder, lurk, psychic rogue, etc) and the Psicrystal Affinity feat would net you a pet rock. And psicrystals are fully capable of kicking ass muchly. (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?471379-The-Big-Guy-is-With-Me-Psicrystal-Build-(Scion_Of_Coldshard)) They're even useful when you don't focus on them. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?147603-Best-things-to-do-with-a-psicrystal)

Goaty14
2018-04-23, 11:34 AM
if you don't care about dipping, 1 level in wizard and the ACF to get you a wild cohort instead of a familiar.

Wouldn't that stack with the druid levels though?

EDIT: Being a changeling could also qualify for animal friend without being a gnome.

Fouredged Sword
2018-04-23, 02:40 PM
Planer touchstone (catalogues of enlightenmemt) will grant one domain power. Select a domain that let's you rebuke a creature with a subtype. Find and rebuke two creatures of half your HD of the correct subtype to control them as an evil cleric can rebuke and control undead.

There are magical beasts with the earth, fire, and or cold subtype.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-04-23, 04:14 PM
Planer touchstone (catalogues of enlightenmemt) will grant one domain power. Select a domain that let's you rebuke a creature with a subtype. Find and rebuke two creatures of half your HD of the correct subtype to control them as an evil cleric can rebuke and control undead.

There are magical beasts with the earth, fire, and or cold subtype.12-headed pyrohydras. Yessssss...

death390
2018-04-23, 04:34 PM
Wouldn't that stack with the druid levels though?

EDIT: Being a changeling could also qualify for animal friend without being a gnome.

depends on DM ruling. technically there is nothing preventing you from having multiple instances of the same class ability if it comes from multiple sources. a wizard/sorcerer could have 2 familiars for example. typically a single one is used but gets benefits from both classes. that in the ruling that each wild cohort is its own entity the cohort would be based only on the class it came from level wise. a fun one is sorc 1/ wizard 1/ obtain familiar & improved familiar :P this is primarily due to the wording that you "gain" a animal companion/ familiar.