PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next The Bellringer 5E (PEACH)

Tvtyrant
2018-04-21, 03:02 PM
I hate coding tables, so most of it is going to be on a google document, link below and here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z47LbN9AY7XKwhFS6vJI4lKg6AtRkBl_ncXRwL0g--M/edit?usp=sharing).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z47LbN9AY7XKwhFS6vJI4lKg6AtRkBl_ncXRwL0g--M/edit?usp=sharing

I'm going to post the comments here as well so they are easier to read, looking for feedback on 5E DCs and class strength. I don't know 5E as well as other editions, but I wanted to make a Necromancer class that wasn't a caster. What I need the most help with is figuring out what to base the bell DC's on.

Hit Dice: 1d6 per Bellringer level.
Hit Points at first level: 6 + Constitution Modifier
After: 1d6+Constitution modifier per level.

Proficiencies:
Armor: None
Weapons: Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
Tools: None
Saving Throws: Intelligence, Wisdom
Skills: Choose two from Arcana, History, Insight, Investigation, Medicine, and Religion

Starting Equipment:
Pan Pipes
Light crossbow
Explorer's Pack

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31064419_10211827710584427_2056986219846862934_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeHHmqlVa6T6Z169NLUkOd7yuL3rQ73ve-O_LPIGQByAqeF1gOtE7Z4IefQJYrwTHbyMavf_P0sIK9RdvTcT Rtf9Xz3iXQwnQU7UESoROcTxQQ&oh=7afae57468a4427ddb531931b0ef5418&oe=5B59D7C3

The Death Guard of a Bellringer are drawn to their natural aura of undeath.

The Deathguard are persistent creatures, not requiring any direct magic or rituals to create. They change and grow as the Bellringer becomes stronger, drinking of their aura and transforming.

The Deathguard can be ordered as a standard action, and move and act on the Bellringer's turn. A Bellringer can order all of his Deathguard with the same action, giving each of them a location to move to and an individual to attack from that location. If a Deathguard member cannot follow the orders given it stands still until a new order is given.

Any members of the Bellringer's Deathguard that are destroyed return whole and unharmed to the Bellringer after a short rest.

The Bellringer gains access to a number of magic bells as they grow in strength. Each bell can only be rung once per long rest, the Necromantic energies slaying the Bellringer if they attempt to do so a second time without resting.

Ringing a Bell requires the Bellringer to have a hand free for that bell, and takes a standard action. Some bells have durations and require the Bellringer to ring them continously, concentrating like a caster on the forms of the bell.

The 1st Bell is Gula. Gula requires a standard action to ring, and has a duration and concentration of 10 rounds. During the time that Gula is rang each individual within hearing restores 1 hit point per round Gula is rung, as long as they eat continously while they listen.

The second bell is Luxuria. Luxuria requires a standard action to begin ringing and the sound is directed towards a single individual. That individual must make a Charisma save or be charmed. Luxuria requires the Bellringer to ring it continously (concentration) and once the Bellringer stops concentrating the target is no longer charmed.

A charmed creature can’t attack the charmer or target the charmer with harmful abilities or magical effects.
The charmer has advantage on any ability check to interact socially with the creature.

The third bell is Avaritia. Avaritia requires a standard action to ring, targetting one opponent. Avaritia shows the opponent their heart's desire, blinding them to all else. The individual so targetted is blind as long as Avaritia is rung, to a maximum of 1 minute.

Wisdom Save.

The fourth bell is named Superbia. Superbia is rang as a standard action, and is maintained as long as she is rung. Superbia inspires overweaning pride in the target, who gains advantage on all attacks but all attacks have advantage against them.