PDA

View Full Version : Commander Auras and D&D Miniatures

Gelcur
2018-04-21, 06:40 PM
I'm working on a bit of a kitchen sink character, mapping a lot of plot/fluff into levels, feats, skills, etc.

I realized the character was a captain of a town militia, as such under Heroes of Battle rules he has a Commander Rating and should receive a Commander Aura. Issue I have is qualify for nearly none of them. Either I have the correct alignment, the character is NG, and I do not meet some ability like Turn Undead or Wild Empathy OR I have the necessary ability but I cannot meet the alignment requirements.

Were there other Commander Auras printed elsewhere? Maybe on the web or in a Dragon Magazine?

The bottom of page 76 in Heroes of Battle has a info section that states the Command Auras were based off the commander effects from the D&D Miniatures game and that further ones could be adapted. Does anyone have a list of these somewhere? I never got into the D&D Miniatures game, though I vaguely remember that they were missing NG, N, NE as alignments? Maybe that is why I am finding it so hard to qualify for the Auras in Heroes of Battle?

Any help would be appreciated.