PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Remember What RPG This Is

CosmicHobbit
2018-04-21, 08:44 PM
IT'S BEEN FIGURED OUT!
It was Open Legend RPG! Thank you everybody who helped!

I remember making a character for an RPG, but never playing it. I want to get back to it, but can't remember what it's called.

Clues:
-The RPG gave you a certain number of points, and you spent those points on traits like being able to turn into an animal or breathing underwater.
-The RPG could be any the point where they simply gave you examples of weapons, saying that you should model your setting's weapons after the examples.
-The entire RPG was legally on a specific site, and the site was www. (this is the part I can't remember)rpg.com. However, it was not available as a pdf. Instead, all the rules were simply on the aforementioned website.

I know, not a whole lot to go on. But, It's all I have. If you wonderful playgrounders could help me remember what this RPG is called, it would help me a lot.

Also, mods, if you feel that this is not the right subforum, go right ahead and move this thread.

Mutazoia
2018-04-21, 09:14 PM
I remember making a character for an RPG, but never playing it. I want to get back to it, but can't remember what it's called.

Clues:
-The RPG gave you a certain number of points, and you spent those points on traits like being able to turn into an animal or breathing underwater.
-The entire RPG was legally on a specific site, and the site was www. (this is the part I can't remember)rpg.com.

I know, not a whole lot to go on. But, It's all I have. If you wonderful playgrounders could help me remember what this RPG is called, it would help me a lot.

Also, mods, if you feel that this is not the right subforum, go right ahead and move this thread.

Perhaps if you could give us a little more info, such as the genre of the game? Was it a super heroes game, or something like Gamma World?

CosmicHobbit
2018-04-22, 08:05 AM
I remember it saying that it could be any genre, so it only concerned the mechanical parts of the traits. It said something along the lines of if you had the "turn into an animal" trait, you could be a druid, a vampire, or other things you can come up with. It even went so far as to just give examples of weapons, and then say "use these as guidelines when making your own setting's weapons".

Aside from that, I'd like to say that it was not available as an online pdf. Instead, all the rules were compiled onto the website mentioned.

I will add both of the things in this post in the OP.

SirGraystone
2018-04-25, 01:54 PM
Generic Universal RolePlaying System, or GURPS maybe?

Durkoala
2018-04-25, 02:31 PM
Aside from the fact that the default setting is very heavily a superhero one, Mutants and Masterminds 3e sounds fitting.

http://www.d20herosrd.com/

CosmicHobbit
2018-04-25, 04:44 PM
Generic Universal RolePlaying System, or GURPS maybe?

Looked at GURPS, and that's not the one.

Aside from the fact that the default setting is very heavily a superhero one, Mutants and Masterminds 3e sounds fitting.

http://www.d20herosrd.com/

I looked at this one as well, and that's not it.

I'd like to say once again that the site was www. (here's the blank)RPG.com.

I will, however, check out both those systems just in case I can't find the one that you all have helped with so far.

Aliquid
2018-04-25, 08:14 PM
Fate is another possibility for a generic no genre RPG. The rules don’t directly discuss being “able to change into an animal”, but the rules comportray give you that freedom.

i.e. you can put something you want as an “aspect” of your character and it simply becomes true. “Can shape change”, “can fly”, “master hacker”, “speaks 10 languages” etc.

MeimuHakurei
2018-04-26, 03:50 AM
Open Legend RPG? They did plan to release a PDF/rulebook some time, and they only had the rules online last time I looked. What I remember from that game system is the author's fanatical hatred to any kind of use restriction on powers (like a Druid being only able to leave no trail in natural environments or a Wizard only having a limited amount of spells per day).

Corneel
2018-04-26, 05:31 AM
After a cursory glance through http://www.openlegendrpg.com/ it does indeed seem to correspond with what little information we have (the rules are all there on the site, it has a point buy system, the guide concerning weapons, ...).

CosmicHobbit
2018-04-26, 05:36 PM
Fate is another possibility for a generic no genre RPG. The rules don’t directly discuss being “able to change into an animal”, but the rules comportray give you that freedom.

i.e. you can put something you want as an “aspect” of your character and it simply becomes true. “Can shape change”, “can fly”, “master hacker”, “speaks 10 languages” etc.

I've seen FATE, and considered it. Not it though.

Open Legend RPG? They did plan to release a PDF/rulebook some time, and they only had the rules online last time I looked. What I remember from that game system is the author's fanatical hatred to any kind of use restriction on powers (like a Druid being only able to leave no trail in natural environments or a Wizard only having a limited amount of spells per day).

After a cursory glance through http://www.openlegendrpg.com/ it does indeed seem to correspond with what little information we have (the rules are all there on the site, it has a point buy system, the guide concerning weapons, ...).

GIVE THESE PEOPLE A PRIZE!
You two found it! Thank you sooooo much! I guess that's the end of the thread. Thank you all for trying! See ya!