View Full Version : Multi armed freak

LordDeath666
2018-04-21, 11:49 PM
Could you help me find a 4 armed (or more) pc to play as rogue

Home brew allowed

ViperMagnum357
2018-04-22, 12:01 AM
Could you help me find a 4 armed (or more) pc to play as rogue

I will go out on a limb and say you mean as a four armed build, since 4 armed people hardly grow on trees.

The simplest is lesser Thri-Kreen, from Shining South-Lesser drops the vestigial Psionics and cuts it down to 2 Monstrous Humanoid RHD (full BAB so ok for a martial) and LA +1. There is also a template called Obah Blessed, from Dungeon #136, with two versions: LA+2 for 2 extra arms and a bunch of goodies, or LA+3 for 4 extra arms and another net +8 ability scores.

Finally, there is Fang of Lolth, from the 3.0 Song and Silence, a class never updated so still legal with fiat; it is based around a Rogue Chassis, complete with 3d6 Sneak Attack progression. At Level 9 in the class, you get 4 extra, retractable spider arms-no good for fine manipulation, but they come with claw attacks and can wield weapons just fine.

LordDeath666
2018-04-22, 12:34 AM
The simplest is lesser Thri-Kreen, from Shining South-Lesser drops the vestigial Psionics and cuts it down to 2 Monstrous Humanoid RHD (full BAB so ok for a martial) and LA +1. There is also a template called Obah Blessed, from Dungeon #136, with two versions: LA+2 for 2 extra arms and a bunch of goodies, or LA+3 for 4 extra arms and another net +8 ability scores.

Sorry but this confused me. Can you elaborate a little onhow that works with 2 separate Level Adjustments and could you send to to a link with both

ViperMagnum357
2018-04-22, 12:52 AM
Sorry but this confused me. Can you elaborate a little onhow that works with 2 separate Level Adjustments and could you send to to a link with both

Assuming you are not playing Gestalt/Tristalt, you just add the various RHD and Level Adjustments together to to get a starting ECL, then add on class levels as you gain experience. The Lesser Thri-Kreen are in the book Shining South, from the Forgotten Realms setting. Obah Blessed is from Dungeon Magazine #136, and Fang of Lolth is from the Rogue/Bard splatbook Song and Silence, an old 3.0 relic.

flappeercraft
2018-04-22, 02:01 AM
There is also the diopsid from Dragon Compendium. While not exactly what you might want there is the Dvati who is a two bodies one soul race and they have a human-like body so between the bodies they have 4 arms.

Celestia
2018-04-22, 02:32 AM
Wereoctopus has eight arms. Though, you probably need two of them to walk.

LordDeath666
2018-04-22, 02:41 AM
Is that a real race

ShurikVch
2018-04-22, 04:52 AM
Sahuagin (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/sahuagin.htm) may get 4 arms for 1 extra LA.
Unfortunately, Sahuagin is (Aquatic), thus - unable to breath air (at least - without jumping some hoops)
Try to combine Sahuagin Mutant and Malenti and pump your Con

Anthropomorphic Animals table in the Savage Species includes:
Octopus (Medium, 2 HD and LA +1, +6/+4/+2/+0/+4/–4)
Giant Octopus (Medium, 2 HD and LA +0, +2/+6/-2/+0/+4/–4)
Squid (Medium, 2 HD and LA +1, +4/+6/+0/+0/+4/–4)
Giant Squid (Large, 3 HD and LA +1, +8/+8/-2/+0/+4/–4)
Unfortunately, all of them are (Aquatic), thus - unable to breath air (at least - without jumping some hoops)

Aberrant Limbs unique ability in the Dungeon Master's Guide II; LA +2

Half-Fiend (Glabrezu) (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630x&page=2) variant

Arachnoid Creature template (Underdark) gives "four additional limbs". Technically LA +0 (probably, wasn't intended for PCs). Just for Magical Beasts

DeTess
2018-04-22, 05:22 AM
In addition to all these races with LA and or HD, you could also just take 2 levels in Totemist from magic of incarnum, and bind the girallon arms soulmeld to your totem Chakra. That only costs you two levels, and comes with some other class features as well.

ShurikVch
2018-04-22, 09:00 AM
Some more:

Clawed Arm fiendish graft (Fiend Folio) doesn't replace any existing arms. May be added NI times, but pretty expensive (50000 gp), and have all usual drawbacks for non-Evil recipients (which can't be fixed by Redeeming Evil Magic Items rules, because Grafts aren't Magic Items)

Xill (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/xill.htm)

Draegloth - 6 HD and LA: +4, monstrous class in the Champions of Ruin

Quadrone Modrone (Dragon #354) - 5 HD and LA: +4

Dragon #293 gave to Girallon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/girallon.htm) ECL 11 (with note about the Int 2 which should be fixed somehow)

Terrors of Athas (http://athas.org/products/toa) have B'rohg (Huge Giant, 6 HD and LA: +5) and Feylaar (Large Monstrous Humanoid, 7 HD and LA: +4)

Warcraft tabletop adaptation have Nagas. One of options for Naga's Mutation is Extra Arms

Goaty14
2018-04-22, 11:46 AM
Girallion Arms is a cleric spell (lvl 4, IIRC) that gives you 2 or 4 extra arms

In addition to all these races with LA and or HD, you could also just take 2 levels in Totemist from magic of incarnum, and bind the girallon arms soulmeld to your totem Chakra. That only costs you two levels, and comes with some other class features as well.

Landshark Boots also (kinda) does this.

Darrin
2018-04-22, 02:34 PM
Section IV of the TWF OffHandbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=15034748&postcount=12) covers how to get extra arms. My Vreeb Veebilbrixt (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?525401-Iron-Chef-Optimisation-Challenge-in-the-Playground-LXXXVI/page3&p=22074602#post22074602) build from Iron Chef LXXXVI has 10 arms, but no rogue levels. If you took out the Twisted Lord stuff, you could maybe do something with Barb 1/Totemist 2/Rogue 4/Something X, maybe X = Swashbuckler + Daring Outlaw.

death390
2018-04-22, 07:05 PM
AFB but i think there is a multiarmed template in DMG(?), it is in the NPC abnormalities section +2 LA.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-04-22, 09:00 PM
Is that a real race

Sort of.

The lycanthrope template allows you to combine any one humanoid or giant with any one animal that has a bite attack and is within one size category of the humanoid or giant.

An octopus is small and has a bite attack so it can be combined with a human to make a were octopus.

Just how new to the system/forum are you, btw? Some folks around here forget how much specialized jargon gets bandied about and you seem somewhat confused by some of the responses you've recieved.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-04-22, 09:03 PM
Clawed Arm fiendish graft (Fiend Folio) doesn't replace any existing arms. May be added NI times, but pretty expensive (50000 gp), and have all usual drawbacks for non-Evil recipients (which can't be fixed by Redeeming Evil Magic Items rules, because Grafts aren't Magic Items)Nah. Get the warforged mighty arms graft, from Faiths of Eberron, for 1,000 gp. Two arms, and nowhere does it say that they have to replace your normal arms, just that you can graft the arms onto yourself. And they aren't [Evil], so you don't have to sanctify them.

LordDeath666
2018-04-22, 09:54 PM
I've been here about 3-4 months

martixy
2018-04-22, 10:05 PM
Just how new to the system/forum are you, btw? Some folks around here forget how much specialized jargon gets bandied about and you seem somewhat confused by some of the responses you've recieved.

I still remember how hard it was for me to find out what DCFS is.
It's actually pretty crazy and impenetrable for newbies.

LordDeath666
2018-04-22, 10:29 PM
What's DCFS mean

flappeercraft
2018-04-22, 10:32 PM
What's DCFS mean

Dark Chaos Feat Shuffle. It's a trick discovered by Emperor tippy which consists in using Embrace the Dark Chaos and Shun the Dark Chaos to switch any one of your feats for any other feat you qualify for.

Zombulian
2018-04-22, 11:20 PM
I may be wrong because I just skimmed, but it seems that while people have mentioned things from Savage Species, no one has yet mentioned the Insectile Template.

ViperMagnum357
2018-04-23, 12:07 AM
I may be wrong because I just skimmed, but it seems that while people have mentioned things from Savage Species, no one has yet mentioned the Insectile Template.

The terrible wording leaves it debatable whether the arms can be used for any form of combat-I do not think I have seen any Q+A on it, nor a consensus among the community. The example stat block suggests no, listing the singular weapons separately with 'or' for the attacks, but that is hardly conclusive in a 3.0 statblock.

ShurikVch
2018-04-23, 09:37 AM
Nah. Get the warforged mighty arms graft, from Faiths of Eberron, for 1,000 gp. Two arms, and nowhere does it say that they have to replace your normal arms, just that you can graft the arms onto yourself.Are you sure?
Description: Mighty arms are built of wood and metal, and sheathed in armor plating, like those of a warforged. They are much larger and bulkier-looking than your original arms.Also:
No portion of the body (head, skin, flesh, legs, and arms) can have more than one graft.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-04-23, 09:49 AM
Are you sure?Yes.

Say you have a second head grafted onto your shoulders, so you look like an ettin. "Your second head is much uglier than your original head." How is that different?

Also, your original arms aren't a graft, so as long as you don't get a third pair of arms via a second graft, you're pretty dandy.

Absolutely nothing about either of those statements indicates that the warforged mighty arms graft replaces your original pair.

ShurikVch
2018-04-23, 11:27 AM
Yes.

Say you have a second head grafted onto your shoulders, so you look like an ettin. "Your second head is much uglier than your original head." How is that different?

Also, your original arms aren't a graft, so as long as you don't get a third pair of arms via a second graft, you're pretty dandy.

Absolutely nothing about either of those statements indicates that the warforged mighty arms graft replaces your original pair.Apparently, your mind is set.
I'm suspecting neither the brief description
Your arms are built of artificial materials, allowing you to use them to make slam attacks.nor the picture
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/sfery/images/9/9a/99919.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20160704074845would convince you.
So, OK, you may try to get the second pair of (mighty) arms in your next game

Except you're missing certain points:
If it is not holding anything or being used to perform another action, the grafted creature can direct the clawed arm to make one natural attack per round, using the creature's base attack bonus and adjusted Strength modifier. This attack is in addition to the creature's normal actions in a round.There are the important points:
1. From where, exactly, came that extra attack, if it just replacing previously-existing arm? And does it mean you may get 2 extra attacks for 2 Clawed Arms? How about the 4 Clawed Arms?..
2. The very text of "... can direct the clawed arm to make ..." is rather weird if it's just a normal arm replacement, since, well, aren't all other arms - including natural ones - work the same way?

Also, notable point is a cost: 50000 gp.
Why so much?!
No other arm replacement in the Fiend Folio is so expensive...
Except for the Aboleth Tentacle...
But wait, that tentacle mustn't replace an arm too!
An aboleth tentacle typically replaces an arm or forelimb on the grafted creature, though sometimes it is attached just above a forelimb or below an arm.

Telonius
2018-04-23, 12:18 PM
It sounds like you're trying to get the most number of attacks possible, to maximize the Sneak Attack damage. If you're going for maximum cheese, you'd probably want Changeling Warshaper. Because the Morphic Weapons ability is very vaguely worded, there's technically not any limit to the number of natural weapons you can add to yourself. So, Rogue6/Warshaper1/Rogue7-19. You lose nothing (Rogue's 20th level is horrible, literally anything is better than that) and gain as many natural weapons as you want. If you full attack, and the usual sneak attack requirements are met, all of your attacks hit for sneak damage.

Note that this is horrible, awful cheese and will probably not work at an actual table.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-04-23, 12:19 PM
Apparently, your mind is set.
I'm suspecting neither the brief descriptionnor the picture
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/sfery/images/9/9a/99919.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20160704074845would convince you.
So, OK, you may try to get the second pair of (mighty) arms in your next gamePictures are not RAW, and the fact that you can replace your arms doesn't mean you must replace your arms.

And yes, your grafted arms are made of artificial materials. I'm still not seeing anything restricting you from keeping your old arms.

ShurikVch
2018-04-23, 12:49 PM
Also, Symbiotic Creature template: since among the suitable hosts/guests are Humanoids, Symbiotic Creature with Humanoid host and guest will have 4 arms
(Also, instead Humanoid, it's possible to use Humanoid-shaped Plants)

Goaty14
2018-04-23, 12:58 PM
I'm suspecting neither the brief description

Referring to your new arms

nor the picture
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/sfery/images/9/9a/99919.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20160704074845 (Blerg)would convince you.

RAI =/= RAW

Everything else: Not referencing mighty arms.

Psyren
2018-04-23, 01:29 PM
Pathfinder has Kasatha (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/advanced-races-11-20-rp/kasatha-20-rp/) which are a 0 LA 1st-party four-armed race, but PF's race floor is higher so you may want to check with your GM.

Starfinder has them too but they get fewer attacks in that system.

ShurikVch
2018-04-23, 02:25 PM
If we're branching into non-3.5 stuff, then d20 Modern have Extra Arms mutation

LordDeath666
2018-04-24, 08:50 PM
Also, Symbiotic Creature template: since among the suitable hosts/guests are Humanoids, Symbiotic Creature with Humanoid host and guest will have 4 arms

What book is this in

Kelb_Panthera
2018-04-24, 08:59 PM
What book is this in

It's in savage species.

ShurikVch
2018-04-25, 01:55 PM
StarfinderIf we starting to use space opera-related RPGs, then how about the d20 adaptation of Star Wars?
There are Besalisk, Codru-Ji, and Xexto in the Ultimate Alien Anthology, and Sithspawned template in the Ultimate Adversaries.

Wereoctopus has eight arms. Though, you probably need two of them to walk.Are you sure Wereoctopus gets tentacles in a hybrid form?
A lycanthrope in hybrid form gains two claw attacks and a bite attack as natural weapons.Nothing about any other attacks...

Pictures are not RAW, and the fact that you can replace your arms doesn't mean you must replace your arms.

And yes, your grafted arms are made of artificial materials. I'm still not seeing anything restricting you from keeping your old arms.OK!
You're asking for RAW - I will give you the RAW!
RAW for the Mighty Arms - unlike for the Clawed Arm - doesn't, actually, contain anything about getting extra attacks from it.
So - yes, you may install extra set of mechanical arms... But you wouldn't get any extra attacks from it!

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-04-25, 02:12 PM
OK!
You're asking for RAW - I will give you the RAW!
RAW for the Mighty Arms - unlike for the Clawed Arm - doesn't, actually, contain anything about getting extra attacks from it.
So - yes, you may install extra set of mechanical arms... But you wouldn't get any extra attacks from it!Actually, they give you slam attacks. And allow you to install warforged components, such as that bigfisting one.

You know what they also do? Qualify you for Multiweapon Fighting, which does give you extra manufactured weapon attacks. And with Beast Strike, it adds the slam damage to your unarmed strikes.

Anthrowhale
2018-04-25, 04:12 PM

(a) There is a 2-size-category difference required. This is somewhat difficult with a humanoid/humanoid. The only ways I know to do this are via Lycanthropy (in the SRD) or the Half-Minotaur template for a large humanoid + one of the many choices for small humanoid.
(b) A symbiotic creature only gets to use different attack forms from the guest which plausibly means that an extra pair of arms cannot be used.

JeenLeen
2018-04-25, 04:16 PM
It's probably less-optimal than some of the stuff mentioned here, but for pure number of attacks a Totemist from Magic of Incarnum can do a lot. I think it wasn't actually that complicated, beyond figuring out the Incarnum subsystem, but it's been years and I don't remember the details.

I forget how many attacks I wound up, but it was a lot (close to 8? Maybe 12?), and I think one of my soulmelds gave me extra arms (or at least something equivalent to it.)

The basis of the build was gaining a lot of natural attacks to go alongside my normal attacks via Totemist soulmelds.

Goaty14
2018-04-25, 06:39 PM
I forget how many attacks I wound up, but it was a lot (close to 8? Maybe 12?), and I think one of my soulmelds gave me extra arms (or at least something equivalent to it.)

The basis of the build was gaining a lot of natural attacks to go alongside my normal attacks via Totemist soulmelds.

Gestalt that with a master transmogrofist that's polymorphed into a 12-headed hydra, but has 8 octopus arms attached = Gold

ShurikVch
2018-04-26, 05:53 AM
(a) There is a 2-size-category difference required. This is somewhat difficult with a humanoid/humanoid. The only ways I know to do this are via Lycanthropy (in the SRD) or the Half-Minotaur template for a large humanoid + one of the many choices for small humanoid.Believe me, I thought about it.
There are the results:
As you already pointed, Large-sized host wouldn't have any problems with fitting on any Small-sized guest
For Medium-sized host, guest must be no bigger than Tiny. Well, Mite (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mite_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)) from the Kingdoms of Kalamar is Tiny-sized Humanoid. Also, Incarnate Construct on Homunculus (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/homunculus.htm) or other Tiny Construct. Plus numerous Tiny-sized Fey with some template (Dustform/Incarnate Construct is the most obvious, but Greenbound may work better)
Small size is favored by Rogue class. Thus, it will need Diminutive guest. Greenbound Shadovig (Dragon #299) or Incarnate Construct Guardian Effigy (Dangerous Denizens: The Monsters of Tellene) should work.
Greater Humanoid Essence spell grants temporary Humanoid type, which may allow to make a Symbiotic Creature out of Warforged Scout and Guardian Effigy.

(b) A symbiotic creature only gets to use different attack forms from the guest which plausibly means that an extra pair of arms cannot be used.And this is why I generally dislike that template: it's indigestible mess of a RAW.
Because, please, tell me: what is count as "different attack form", and what is not?

Anthrowhale
2018-04-26, 06:57 PM
Believe me, I thought about it.
There are the results:
As you already pointed, Large-sized host wouldn't have any problems with fitting on any Small-sized guest
For Medium-sized host, guest must be no bigger than Tiny. Well, Mite (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mite_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)) from the Kingdoms of Kalamar is Tiny-sized Humanoid. Also, Incarnate Construct on Homunculus (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/homunculus.htm) or other Tiny Construct. Plus numerous Tiny-sized Fey with some template (Dustform/Incarnate Construct is the most obvious, but Greenbound may work better)
Small size is favored by Rogue class. Thus, it will need Diminutive guest. Greenbound Shadovig (Dragon #299) or Incarnate Construct Guardian Effigy (Dangerous Denizens: The Monsters of Tellene) should work.
Greater Humanoid Essence spell grants temporary Humanoid type, which may allow to make a Symbiotic Creature out of Warforged Scout and Guardian Effigy.

I'm impressed.

And this is why I generally dislike that template: it's indigestible mess of a RAW.
Because, please, tell me: what is count as "different attack form", and what is not?
It's not clear, but having a different name is the minimal definition.

ShurikVch
2018-04-28, 04:55 PM
It's not clear, but having a different name is the minimal definition.So, if host will be armed with a Short Sword, and guest - with Rope Dart, - will it count as "different attack form", or not?

KillianHawkeye
2018-04-29, 11:12 AM
So, if host will be armed with a Short Sword, and guest - with Rope Dart, - will it count as "different attack form", or not?

Weapons are not "attack forms" that are somehow inherent to you, they're options for whatever weapon-wielding capability your creature/character has.

Anthrowhale
2018-04-29, 07:56 PM
So, if host will be armed with a Short Sword, and guest - with Rope Dart, - will it count as "different attack form", or not?

It seems DM-dependent. "Attack form" may be interpreted as an attack from here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm) which includes "manufactured weapons" as one thing suggesting these are not different attack forms. On the other hand, "attack form" is not formally defined so I'm sure it's possible to support the other interpretation as well.

Boci
2018-04-29, 08:01 PM
Pathfinder has Kasatha (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/advanced-races-11-20-rp/kasatha-20-rp/) which are a 0 LA 1st-party four-armed race, but PF's race floor is higher so you may want to check with your GM.

Starfinder has them too but they get fewer attacks in that system.

And even by pathfinder standards aren't Kasatha really good? +2 dodge bonus to AC, no racial stat penalty. I wouldn't call them broken or OP, but they are definitly up there amoung the best.

Psyren
2018-04-30, 01:14 PM
And even by pathfinder standards aren't Kasatha really good? +2 dodge bonus to AC, no racial stat penalty. I wouldn't call them broken or OP, but they are definitly up there amoung the best.

Yeah they are on the upper end I'd say. They don't have a CR adjustment but only just barely I think.

Boci
2018-04-30, 01:29 PM
Yeah they are on the upper end I'd say. They don't have a CR adjustment but only just barely I think.

Maybe buffing it and making it a LA: +1 race is the easiest way to balance it for a 3.5 group. Say, give it multi-weapon fighting as a bonus feat (since they were obviously going to take that with the race), up the dexterity bonus to +4, and...probably something else.