PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Realms Locations

Jimp
2007-09-03, 09:01 AM
For those of us who regularly play in the Forgotten Realms setting, where in the realms do you play/have you played?

Our current game is set on the sword coast. At the moment we're based in Secomber and are working a lot between there and the High Forest. Once we're finished there we hope to make our way to Waterdeep to carve up a demon head we got :smallbiggrin:

RTGoodman
2007-09-03, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't say I "regularly" play in Forgotten Realms, but I'm just now getting into the setting and will probably use it when I (re)start running "Red Hand of Doom."

As of right now, though, the only campaign I've played in in the Realms was Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil (which may or may not continue this semester after our summer break, which would be very disappointing). We started out in Sundabar (our party's hometown, sort of near Silverymoon), but the village of Hommlet was located southeast from there, somewhere south of where Hellgate Keep is on the map.

de-trick
2007-09-03, 10:08 AM
we're playing in cormyr, but we played almost anywhere or had a character there

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-09-03, 10:19 AM
I like the western heartlands, cormyr, and the dales, all of which are fun to play.

Also the underdark but thats a completely different place.

Dark Knight Renee
2007-09-03, 12:01 PM
I typically keep my campaign in The North, often but not always on the Sword Coast. We usually don't go further afield than the Silver Marches, but the everything north of Amn and west of the Anauroch are fare game - the campaign started as two seperate games, in Daggerford and a very backwater town near the Lonely Moor, respectively. The party's home base is Neverwinter.

Beyond that, the party has done some "see the world" adventuring, traveling through Amn, Tethyr and the Border Kingdoms in one instance and the Dalelands, the Moonsea and the Vast on another. The Dragon Coast is a memorable location we've been to on occassion, and the only one I'd care to revisit as a DM.

mostlyharmful
2007-09-03, 01:02 PM
The Vast, Damaara/Vaasa and the Eastern realms like Thay and Mulhorand for a nice flavour change.:smallsmile:

GolemsVoice
2007-09-03, 01:05 PM
Our main FR campaign is located in the south, from Calimport to Aimrave, or whatsoever, to the Mintar and it's evil counterpart.

Tejo
2007-09-03, 02:03 PM
Our campaing was in Waterdeep, and then we went to the High Forest(or something like that) and then our DM quit. :smallfrown:

FireSpark
2007-09-03, 02:07 PM
About the only place in Faerun where my group hasn't played is along the Chultan pennisula. And along there to Halruaa. Other than that, we've at least touched base all across the world. From Thay to the Sword Coast, and the Frozen North to the Shaar. Of course, I've been playing there for a few years now.

Talya
2007-09-03, 02:31 PM
For those of us who regularly play in the Forgotten Realms setting, where in the realms do you play/have you played?

Our current game is set on the sword coast. At the moment we're based in Secomber and are working a lot between there and the High Forest. Once we're finished there we hope to make our way to Waterdeep to carve up a demon head we got :smallbiggrin:

Generally, spanning all of Faerun.

Specifically, i've played in:
Shadowdale, the Ruins of Myth Draenor, Silverymoon, Sembia, Calimport/Calimshan, Waterdeep, Skullport, the Underdark/Menzoberranzan, Aglarond, Thay, the Shining Sea, the Moonshaes, Evermeet...

MrNexx
2007-09-03, 03:34 PM
I've played/DMed from the North (Mirabar, down the Long Road to Waterdeep; from Neverwinter south to Waterdeep, and points in between), the Western Heartlands, Cormyr, the Dalelands, Damara, and Vaasa. That's over about 13 years of adventuring in the Realms.

John Campbell
2007-09-03, 04:10 PM
My group started in Cormyr, and is currently in Scardale or thereabouts (we might've crossed into one of the other Dales by now; I'm not sure), but we've been all around the Sea of Fallen Stars in the meantime... up through the Moonsea and across the Ride, back down to Cormyr, across to Aglarond then down into Unther, around through Mulhorand and into Thay, back to Aglarond, and now back across the sea to the Dales.

My Citadel Adbar-born shield dwarf got a lot of odd looks on the Unther-Mulhorand leg of the trip, particularly since I was still wearing my winter-wolf-fur cloak in high summer. Gotta love endure elements.

The only other time I've played in the Realms, we never got more than ten miles from Waterdeep, and spent most of our time underneath it.

Stormcrow
2007-09-03, 06:20 PM
hehe Undermountain.

Most of the campaign's I've played in have been for a mercenary guild out of Waterdeep that travels all over the realms. I'm currently running two campaigns one in WH and one in TDC.

Fhaolan
2007-09-03, 08:49 PM
The Moonshaes is my personal favorite location. Of course, when I run FR, it has a slightly different history. I take the geography and basic history and ignore all the novels and extraneous fluff. Thanks to all that stuff there's a definate air of 'been there, done that' to the standard FR campaign which I dislike.

CASTLEMIKE
2007-09-04, 07:07 AM
Swordcoast (Waterdeep, Daggerford and of course Undermountain), Cormyr, the Dales (Myth Drannor), Raven's Bluff, the North, Zakhara and some planar via the Infinite Stairway.

Zim
2007-09-04, 07:50 AM
Ever since 3.0 came out, we've played the majority of our campaigns around Thay/The Wizard's Reach/Mulhorand. There is some interesting political stuff happening around there.

Saph
2007-09-04, 09:54 AM
That's the nice thing about Forgotten Realms, it's so huge that there's always something new to do or see.

I've played two full campaigns in FR and several one-shots and mini-ones, and the only places I've really gotten to know are Tethyr and the Silver Marches. At the moment our current campaign's in the Night Trees, trying to clear out a giant stronghold. There were about 18 giants at the start, and over several sessions of hit-and-run warfare and several dead PCs, we've whittled their numbers down to about 2. :)

- Saph

Alveanerle
2007-09-04, 10:28 AM
Luskan, Silver Marches, north of Cormyr, then the campaign died out.

And now Western Heartlands, and through Daggerford to Waterdeep.

Matthew
2007-09-04, 11:06 AM
Hmmn. My 6th Level AD&D Paladin started his adventuring career in and around Waterdeep, travelled into the Underdark as far as Menzoberranzan before returning to the surface by way of Anaurach and eventually coming to the Dalelands.

Fax Celestis
2007-09-04, 11:37 AM
Waterdeep, Calimshan, and the Unapproachable East, mostly.

Morty
2007-09-04, 11:46 AM
In my current campaign, we started in Saradush, then ran away from it, traveled by caravan to Calimport, sailed away to some small city in Tethyr, left it in a hurry via caravan to Trademeet, then ran away from it towards north, and after leaving Naskhel in a hurry and running away from some village along the road to Beregost, we're currently marching north-east to work as mercenaries in some war DM decided is going on around The Sea of Fallen Stars. But the three characters are respectively from Waterdeep, Luskan and Chult.

AslanCross
2007-09-05, 07:26 AM
Currently in Cormyr.

bosssmiley
2007-09-08, 05:59 PM
The Moonsea, Ravens Bluff and Sword Coast North ("I's in yer Eriador (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eriador), pastiching yer Tolkein").
Also pre-fall Netheril in a - thankfully short-lived - "Empire of Magic" setting game that led me to think the word "mythal" synonymous with "munchkin" for nearly a decade. :smallannoyed:

Wouldn't mind playing in the Vilhon Reach/Lake of Steam area sometime, but not likely to be. No serious Realmsfans in our group.

Idea Man
2007-09-27, 08:55 PM
I'm running in Impiltur presently. A big epic thing to kill a demon lord. I've run and played everywhere else in the central and western Realms, Sword Coast to Sea of Fallen Stars, Silverymoon to Calimshan. Alas, I don't expect I'll ever get a chance to play in this wonderful setting again; my players won't let me stop running. :smalltongue:

Azerian Kelimon
2007-09-27, 09:09 PM
Covered all the big continent (I mean it.... We covered it all, and were jumped to a humorous Ierth [1erth, it means. If you didnae notice, Oerth is suspiciously similar to 0erth] before heading for Oerth and Eberron in a big superquest), the islands, and we're now on the Edge of the world.

SurlySeraph
2007-09-27, 09:12 PM
The Underdark, Anauroch, and Neverwinter.

Leicontis
2007-09-27, 09:51 PM
Much of my time in FR has been spent along the Sword Coast and/or in the Western Heartlands, both as a GM and as a player. I've also played a game set in or near the Dalelands (my char was actually the last heir of a major Sessren noble house), and our current game is based around Silverymoon and the elven city of Karsk in the High Forest.