PDA

View Full Version : Optimization One shot Bladesinger. I'd like your advice

Seba
2018-04-22, 08:01 AM
Hey y'all, about to head over to a friends house for a one shot! I'll be playing a wizard(bladesinger) for the first time and here is what I came up with:
(note: no multiclassing allowed)
We're starting at lvl 4 and I chose Eladrin for the Fey Step and I plan on using a rapier

Stats:8,18,13,16,12,10

Cantrips: booming blade, green-flame blade, fire bolt, and minor illusion

Prepared spells: Lvl 1: Absord elements, shield, detect magic, find familiar, Tasha's Hideous Laughter
Lvl 2: Mirror Image, scorching ray

How's the build looking?

Thanks for your time and input

Throne12
2018-04-22, 08:26 AM
Hey y'all, about to head over to a friends house for a one shot! I'll be playing a wizard(bladesinger) for the first time and here is what I came up with:
We're starting at lvl 4 and I chose Eladrin for the Fey Step and I plan on using a rapier

Prepared spells: Lvl 1: Absord elements, shield, detect magic, find familiar, Tasha's Hideous Laughter

How's the build looking?

You get one more first lv spell you start with 6 you have 5. Ill say pick up magic missile. Its a great damage type and a auto hit. Other then that ill switch out green flame blade for mage hand youll get more use out of it.

Citan
2018-04-22, 08:49 AM

How's the build looking?

Hi!
Seems well thought, nothing particular to say (I may have done a few different choices but rather from taste than real mechanical differences).

Enjoy!

Sinon
2018-04-22, 09:54 AM
You have firebolt and scorching ray - both good, but I might look for an alternate element type, just in case.

If you are the only caster in your party, I'd also suggest an area attack of some kind, maybe thunderwave - unlikely to be resisted, decent damage at your level, and can give you some breathing room if you get mobbed.

You don't need to prepare find familiar or detect magic. They are rituals.